Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭futuremedic777

I got into UCC !

• Registered Users Posts: 13 westawake35

I got into UCC !

Congrats future!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

So the points stayed exact same as last year except no random selection on UCC at cutoff and now it’s random at cutoff on UL

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Limk88

Congrats to everyone who got in, I hope ye are enjoying yer well earned celebrations today and are excited for the beginning of a new chapter :)  

Just wondering if anyone else is in my situation, on 55 but didn't get randomly selected?  Or does anyone have any advice for someone sitting on 55 who didn't get accepted to UL?  I never was good at raffles...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JS0692

I was in the same boat last year and got in. Sent you a PM
    Limk88 wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who got in, I hope ye are enjoying yer well earned celebrations today and are excited for the beginning of a new chapter :)  

Just wondering if anyone else is in my situation, on 55 but didn't get randomly selected?  Or does anyone have any advice for someone sitting on 55 who didn't get accepted to UL?  I never was good at raffles...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 debbysoap

Limk88 wrote: »

Hey sorry to hear you’re still waiting: hopefully it works out for you!
    Apparently you can call admissions, asking where you are on the waiting list and basically keep on their case as some people won’t accept their offer and it could go to you. I believe someone also said the better your cumulative GPA is, the greater your chances of getting in.
    Good luck!

I got into UCC !

Congrats future!!
    Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fla12277

Hey, yes I feel your pain. I'm on 55 with no offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fla12277

Hi there, I'm also on 55 with no offer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Fla12277 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm also on 55 with no offer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Imbricate your distal phalanges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 westawake35

Fla12277 wrote: »

Folks I would keep the faith a few people will certainly not take their places due to finances and other issues so hopefully you'll get the nod in a later round !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CharmingApple

the very best of luck to everyone waiting without an offer with 55. I am on 54 and was trying to remain hopeful with second/third round offers, but UL admissions said second round offers are all on 55, and that there was a lot with 55!
    I am all for being optimistic...but I have to be realistic...I have zero chance...right?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

Would there be much point in contacting UL with a Gamsat score of 53? I'm guessing the waiting list they might have at the minute would be for those on 55 and 54?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 medgirl18

the very best of luck to everyone waiting without an offer with 55. I am on 54 and was trying to remain hopeful with second/third round offers, but UL admissions said second round offers are all on 55, and that there was a lot with 55!
    I am all for being optimistic...but I have to be realistic...I have zero chance...right?

Ugh so sad to hear this, I’m on 54 too and was hoping there was only a few on 55 that hadn’t gotten an offer. The only thing I’d say is that last year 55 was the round zero cut off and people did end up getting offered places on 53... so you never know! The waiting will be horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CharmingApple

Would there be much point in contacting UL with a Gamsat score of 53? I'm guessing the waiting list they might have at the minute would be for those on 55 and 54?

from what the lady on the phone told me today...its all 55 on the waiting list for second round offersðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 9 29lem

I was told it was in the range of about 50 applicants on the waiting list currently for UL, very tight lipped otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 29lem

JS0692 wrote: »
    I was in the same boat last year and got in. Sent you a PM

Is it super secret? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

A considerable amount of people who were offered Limerick today won’t have had it as their first choice, so there’s still hope for those of you around the cutoff mark. Essentially anyone who scored below 58 will be offered UL regardless of whether they want it or not. We have no idea what percentage of people accept first round offers, or application stats in general… So who knows what may happen. Personally, I’d accept any offer I was given, but everyone’s circumstances are different and some people may not be able to accept the offer for whatever reason i.e, not feasible to move to Limerick, cold feet, other opportunities etc. Best of luck to everyone waiting for an offer.

I’ll be going to UCD. Excited to be moving to Dublin! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shakywaky

For anyone here that needs to sort fees and a move out of home - How are ye financing this? (Assuming a loan for both)

medgirl18 wrote: »
    Ugh so sad to hear this, I’m on 54 too and was hoping there was only a few on 55 that hadn’t gotten an offer. The only thing I’d say is that last year 55 was the round zero cut off and people did end up getting offered places on 53... so you never know! The waiting will be horrible :(

I called UL today but the person I was talking too seemed fairly tight-lipped on anyone every getting in on 53 on later rounds. now I'm not sure if she might've been new and honestly didn't know or else they just don't like to say this to people in general. she advised me to call the CAO but I have a feeling they would give even less away even if a waiting list was drawn up for candidates on 53

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 medgirl18

I called UL today but the person I was talking too seemed fairly tight-lipped on anyone every getting in on 53 on later rounds. now I'm not sure if she might've been new and honestly didn't know or else they just don't like to say this to people in general. she advised me to call the CAO but I have a feeling they would give even less away even if a waiting list was drawn up for candidates on 53

I tried calling a few times but I haven’t been able to get through - I guess they are being inundated with calls! I’m not going to try again until after people have had time to accept or reject offers as they might have a better idea then.

I personally know someone who got an offer last year on 53, he was in my undergrad. It was a phone call from admissions the week before orientation and not a cao offer. I guess they don’t want to advertise that because it looks better for them to be in line with the other colleges!

Have you registered for Gamsat in September? I didn’t and I’m really regretting it now! I emailed Gamsat yesterday to see if there was any way of registering because it was only a day late, but it was a firm no from them!

medgirl18 wrote: »
    I tried calling a few times but I haven’t been able to get through - I guess they are being inundated with calls! I’m not going to try again until after people have had time to accept or reject offers as they might have a better idea then.

I personally know someone who got an offer last year on 53, he was in my undergrad. It was a phone call from admissions the week before orientation and not a cao offer. I guess they don’t want to advertise that because it looks better for them to be in line with the other colleges!

Have you registered for Gamsat in September? I didn’t and I’m really regretting it now! I emailed Gamsat yesterday to see if there was any way of registering because it was only a day late, but it was a firm no from them!

I was thinking along those lines also that they wouldn’t want to be advertising it. I guess there’s always a bit of hope until term starts! I did register just the day before the deadline in case doomsday happened (which it did). It’ll be a fun month trying to bring myself up another few points! At least I can now apply for mature entry this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Rainbowdash1

How long does it take to hear back on BOI loan?

How long does it take to hear back on BOI  loan?
    Have you contacted them yet? I'm trying to figure out when the deadlines are for tuition and accommodation costs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

How long does it take to hear back on BOI loan?

Don’t panic about it - there’s loads of time. I know plenty in UL who didn’t start the process til April/May and got the loan. Obviously not telling you to do that, but just to give you an idea of what happens in reality. They want fees paid by some time in September but I personally got mine sorted by early November last year and it was fine. The worst they do is threaten you with not releasing exam results after Christmas.

Congrats/commiserations to all here.

There's not loads of time if they end up refusing it though.

There's not loads of time if they end up refusing it though.

Obviously. But my point is that there’s no massive rush on Tuesday morning to get it all sorted. The sensible thing is to do is email the contact in the bank and get the process started. They can advise you on what you’ll need - basically, a strong guarantor. But the college won’t be putting pressure on you for fees to be paid immediately.

We've already started the process. They just haven't given any indication on whether the guarantor is good enough or not.

We've already started the process. They just haven't given any indication on whether the guarantor is good enough or not.

I got approved the day after I applied - and I knew on the day that there should be no issues. They should be able to tell you either way very quickly.

• Advertisement

Really? We put everything through a week ago and nothing yet.

Advertisement