Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2018

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lucasmaximus

I declined an offer from UL as it just wasn’t feasible to move this year so there should have been at least one additional offer at a minimum. Held out for UCD but got nothing today sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 8 summerstown

I really hope she meant to say a waiting list of people who HAVE 55 points and not a waiting list of people OVER 55 points...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

[HTML][/HTML]
    I really hope she meant to say a waiting list of people who HAVE 55 points and not a waiting list of people OVER 55 points...

She may be referring to all universities. We already know that people on 55 got into UL this year.

Ring UL and they may tell you more specifics about how many spots are left and how many are waiting.

Worst case, you nearly made it. At the cut off, admission is a lottery and not a reflection of you. Just remember that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RoisinLeo

I also got 55 in the GAMSAT. I called UL admissions today and they advised that the overfilled the course in round zero offers as they knew there would be drop outs. So they didn’t offer any further places on round 1 and will not be offering further places.

I think it is unfair of UL to overfill the course due to drop outs as it creates a false round zero cut off score and gives people false hope for round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Surfergyal

Anyone with a Round 2 offer today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 physio54321

I'm sitting on 55 and haven't heard anything from UL. Do you think my hope is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Connos5

In exact same boat .. haven't lost hope completely though... I know some one who got an offer mid September last year so you never know

Does anybody know if you get an offer in mid September can you accept it and defer it? Don’t think I’d like to start the course late

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

Did someone not get in contact with UL, somewhere on this forum, and confirmed that UL is not handing out any more places other than those who got an offer in Round 0? They purposely oversubscribed the course as they knew people would not accept/drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

RoisinLeo wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you get an offer in mid September can you accept it and defer it? Don’t think I’d like to start the course late

This cannot be done, if this were to happen they'd just call people until they find someone who is willing to start the ASAP

• Advertisement

indiep wrote: »
    This cannot be done, if this were to happen they'd just call people until they find someone who is willing to start the ASAP

Can I ask where you received this info?

Did someone not get in contact with UL, somewhere on this forum, and confirmed that UL is not handing out any more places other than those who got an offer in Round 0? They purposely oversubscribed the course as they knew people would not accept/drop out.

Yes UL admissions told me this a few weeks ago. However I called them again yesterday and they advised that more people could dropout. I asked if they offered anyone a place yesterday but they did not give a straight answer

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

RoisinLeo wrote: »
    Can I ask where you received this info?

Someone last year got an offer, asked to defer it cause they were living in Australia.

UL said that wasn't allowed so they dropped everything and moved back home to start the course.

You can reapply using the same Gamsat score but not defer an offer so she was worried it would go up the next year, she wouldnt get any offer and would regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gradmedjourney

Hey guys. I am have an instagram account where I am documenting my first year in graduate medicine. The handle is @gradmedjourney if you are interested. thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Surfergyal

Anyone with an offer last Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shashax

Hi Jody, Is the material still available :)

Advertisement