Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

razorhead wrote: »
    Some ride by Jo Mason, great shout Zimmer, what price in running?

20s at one stage, great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Plenty racing today and it might be the day to put a few together in small stake multiples.

Danny Tudhope goes to Doncaster primarily to ride HAJJAM who won last time and has a chance again today,however he leaves early,missing a ride in the last race to go one of his local
    tracks,Beverley to ride a couple for his boss OMeara.

His first ride is MAJOR CRISPIES 6.oc who is not the most genuine but dropped into a seller tonight may be good enough as this is the time of year he runs best.He is also on board the penalised AREEN HEART 7.10 who can win again.

RIO RONALDO 1.20 Sandown is another who carries a big penalty but won well last time for small Newmarket trainer Mike Murphy and at around 11/2 might win again for his shrewd trainer.
    PIVOINE 4 .05 Sandown is also penalised and the Balding stable who had a very poor first half of the season are anxious to get as many winners as possible now that their gallops have dried out,they have gone from being flooded to hard in no time.PIVOINE was bought out of Stoutes yard and can defy the penalty.

ZEELANDER disappointed last time when beaten at 8/15,Framley Garth who beat him has been running very well and we can forgive that defeat.I put up Saroog last time when he won a maiden but i think ZEELANDER will appreciate the one mile 6 today and win the 4 40 Sandown,as i said small mulitiples might pay and i will have a few in singles as well.

I did not see the 1.20 in Sandown but I understand Rio Ronaldo was called the winner initially and the result was changed later.
    I was paid in Powers for a single bets but I have a lucky 63 with Rio in it and I am wondering if someone can explain what happened or provide any info on what Lads are doing as my 63 bet is with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Plenty racing today and it might be the day to put a few together in small stake multiples.

Danny Tudhope goes to Doncaster primarily to ride HAJJAM who won last time and has a chance again today,however he leaves early,missing a ride in the last race to go one of his local
    tracks,Beverley to ride a couple for his boss OMeara.

His first ride is MAJOR CRISPIES 6.oc who is not the most genuine but dropped into a seller tonight may be good enough as this is the time of year he runs best.He is also on board the penalised AREEN HEART 7.10 who can win again.

RIO RONALDO 1.20 Sandown is another who carries a big penalty but won well last time for small Newmarket trainer Mike Murphy and at around 11/2 might win again for his shrewd trainer.
    PIVOINE 4 .05 Sandown is also penalised and the Balding stable who had a very poor first half of the season are anxious to get as many winners as possible now that their gallops have dried out,they have gone from being flooded to hard in no time.PIVOINE was bought out of Stoutes yard and can defy the penalty.

ZEELANDER disappointed last time when beaten at 8/15,Framley Garth who beat him has been running very well and we can forgive that defeat.I put up Saroog last time when he won a maiden but i think ZEELANDER will appreciate the one mile 6 today and win the 4 40 Sandown,as i said small mulitiples might pay and i will have a few in singles as well.

Major crispiest bolts in never in doubt, thanks zimmer needed that

I did not see the 1.20 in Sandown but I understand Rio Ronaldo was called the winner initially and the result was changed later.
    I was paid in Powers for a single bets but I have a lucky 63 with Rio in it and I am wondering if someone can explain what happened or provide any info on what Lads are doing as my 63 bet is with them.

Went into the Ladbrokes website and they are listing Rio Ronaldo as the winner as well as the winner so it looks like they paid on two horses in the 1 20,not like Lads but i will take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Good shooting today Zimmer. 13/2 on Rio Ronaldo was some SP

No time for long writeups today.
    Danny Tudhope is going all out to be leading jockey this and if thats not possible he wants to finish 2nd.
    ESCOBAR has a chance in the 12. 55 San for Tudhope and he also has a chance on Stoutes DESERT DIAMOND in the 1. 30 both are ew bets at good prices.
    Tudhope then sets off to Nottingham 160 miles away and over a 3 hour drive on a saturday to ride RED BALOONS (should win) for Fahey,BORN TO FINISH for Osborne and MON BEAU VISAGE for his own stable.

Given that Tudhope could have gone anywhere today for a full book of rides at an evening meeting with his stable having runners all over the place,we must assume that all 3 have chances,with MON BEAU an ew bet 2 places as he is well handicapped.

A few short price ones that might be worth including in multiples are.
    THRIVING 2.35 Bev
    INTISAAB 2.20 Haydock.
    JURZ 4.10 LEIC.
    and of course our colt PRINCE ELZAAM,who appears to have the Mark Johnstone horse that seems to be fancied to beat.All i can say is that while Prince is giving weight away he is trying his best and we believe he will win and have backed him to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,703 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Isomer in the 12.55 for me

25-1 ew

Still loading

• Registered Users Posts: 35,703 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Waitaki 14-1 6.20 Roscommon

In a group she can compete with here.
    Only 2 to place but worth a small ew bet
    Won a tougher race 3 races back over this trip

PRINCE ELZAAM is a very poor price on the basis of one run,there may be an over reaction to I Believe in You winning very easily on mon in a small field class 4.whatever the reason its a bad price,the horse should come on for its run and has tightened up i am told and we are expecting a very good run.

The best form on offer though is still Imokalee's and it is hard to get away from the form of Shumookhi and in particular Queen Mary winner Signora Cabello.

I will back Prince Elzaam but wont have as much on as i intended due to the prescence of Imokalee,it is always possible that Imokalee has not come on to the extent that Signor Cabello has but one must try to be objective and look at a race in as an unbiased way as possible and if we get a good run from our horse i will be happy.

It would be nice to hear that Imokalee was not well fancied and if that should happen i will pass on a more positive word for our one.

IMOKALEE was 6th that day,probably needing the run only beaten about 2 and
    1/2 lengths,is out tonight in the 6 20 Chester and i backed it ew at 4/1 and i believe its a very good bet with a useful 5 lb claimer on board drawn 1.
    Hafeet Alain who was just a nose ahead of Prince Elzaam on its first run won a 14 runner maiden at Doncaster yesterday at the amazing price of 11/1,thats the 4th winner to come from that race from a handful of runners giving the form a solid look.

• Advertisement

I was told by a good source to back DOLLY DANCER in the 6 .05 Limerick,i had a nice ew bet at 6/1.Unraced but source usually knows the time of day.

I was told by a good source to back DOLLY DANCER in the 6 .05 Limerick,i had a nice ew bet at 6/1.Unraced but source usually knows the time of day.

Sorry if anyone lost a few quid on the filly,travelled very well throughout the race albeit a bit wide.Looked to be cruising off the last bend but found very little and Patrick could not even get 3rd which was bad for me and anyone on ew.

The filly is useful no doubt and we might hear some excuse for the expensive defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like ADMIRALITY in the 6:45 @ Fairyhouse tonight.

Still a maiden after 12 starts but was 2nd the last twice over 7f (clocking some good times) and leading at the 6f point on both occasions too, which is the distance dropped back to tonight, so fingers crossed should get off the mark finally.

3/1 generally but bits of 7/2 about on the exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Like ADMIRALITY in the 6:45 @ Fairyhouse tonight.

Still a maiden after 12 starts but was 2nd the last twice over 7f (clocking some good times) and leading at the 6f point on both occasions too, which is the distance dropped back to tonight, so fingers crossed should get off the mark finally.

3/1 generally but bits of 7/2 about on the exchanges.

Well done!

SEA LIGHT ia fancied in the 8 30 Kilbeggan,trained by the in-form Charlie Byrnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

2.0 red antagonize 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Like Hamlul in the 3:15 today @ Newcastle (10/3 on BF). Travelled really well last time out coming 2nd in a good time and looked like he'd appreciate further (up in trip today). Only downside is Spencer's on it so I'll be crossing my toes as well as my fingers.

IMOKALEE was 6th that day,probably needing the run only beaten about 2 and
    1/2 lengths,is out tonight in the 6 20 Chester and i backed it ew at 4/1 and i believe its a very good bet with a useful 5 lb claimer on board drawn 1.
    Hafeet Alain who was just a nose ahead of Prince Elzaam on its first run won a 14 runner maiden at Doncaster yesterday at the amazing price of 11/1,thats the 4th winner to come from that race from a handful of runners giving the form a solid look.

IMOKALEE disappointed at Chester but the course may not have suited and on the basis of her excellent first run might be worth a few quid ew in the 3 10 at Catterick.

Bin Suroor has the fav in this nursery but if back to anything like her best IMOKALEE would be very well handicapped and i have taken the 11/2 ew with PP.

Our colt PRINCE ELZAAM is entered in a nursery on friday at Thirsk where she won 2 runs ago and with almost 10,000 for first he will be trying for his life if he runs.

However it is more likely he will wait for a race with similar prizemony at York on saturday unless the Thirsk race cuts up.

Whether he goes friday or saturday he is worth backing as he is in fine form.

Sat will be better for me as i will be recovering (hopefully) from surgery (having it thur) and will probably be in better form on sat and i hope to post a report before he runs.

Imokalee drifting mad now 14 to 1.A bad sign usually.

2.20 ajrar 15/2 small bet

w/o la pelosa 3/1 365
    2 places 2/1

impressive on aw lto, probably has a mountain to climb to beat la pelosa (8/11) but wouldnt be lumping on at odds on either

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    2.20 ajrar 15/2 small bet

w/o la pelosa 3/1 365
    2 places 2/1

impressive on aw lto, probably has a mountain to climb to beat la pelosa (8/11) but wouldnt be lumping on at odds on either

not too bad, finished 2nd...la pelosa only third

5.55w balkinstown 9/2 ew 4 places

won this last year and form here reads 2-1-6 (6th was first run in england after a year off)
    ran well last time out 2nd over c+d and 5lb better off with the fav now
    surprised if not placed at the very least

5.55w balkinstown 9/2 ew 4 places

won this last year and form here reads 2-1-6 (6th was first run in england after a year off)
    ran well last time out 2nd over c+d and 5lb better off with the fav now
    surprised if not placed at the very least

2nd

worth watching that race, last a mile out and nowhere to be seen...never looked like even placing, strange ride.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2nd

worth watching that race, last a mile out and nowhere to be seen...never looked like even placing, strange ride.

I actually thought he had pulled up he was so far behind at one stage, thought I was watching the wrong horse all along when he came second, very strange ride altogether.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I actually thought he had pulled up he was so far behind at one stage, thought I was watching the wrong horse all along when he came second, very strange ride altogether.

exactly what I thought

4.45 show stealer 7/1

bigger on three places 7/4 skyb

fancy this to run well at a nice price, step up in class but did it well
    last time out at bath, sds on board again.

PRINCE ELZAAM has Faheys oneto beat in the 3 50 at York,so i backed it without the fav with a small bet at 5s to win the race outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Only 2/1 without the fav on paddy powers

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Only 2/1 without the fav on paddy powers

Relevance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Sat will be better for me as i will be recovering (hopefully) from surgery (having it thur) and will probably be in better form on sat and i hope to post a report before he runs.[/QUOTE]

How did surgery go Zimmer?

Advertisement