Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

One of my underwhelming likes is jamil.

Been useless for ages.

But i know it has ability in there somewhere and will pull a result at some stage!

Switcbes to hurdles tomorrow. Is 80/1 and there's 3 places in a 9 horse race so I'm hoping tomorrow in the 2.27 is the magic day!

On form, will prob come 8th or 9th but i stay loyal for very small money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Just a little ew treble for Cheltenham today

Magic saint 1.45

Sashena 4

My drogo 220

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The Paddy Power Chase at 2.15 Cheltenham is always a tough race to solve,favs and horses carrying a lot of weight are to be avoided.

Last years 1st and 2nd line up again and i give both chances,i have backed SPIRITOFTHEGAMES to turn the tables on Coole Cody at the revised weights and at 25/1 6 places with the sponsor he may be a bit of value.

Harry Skelton prefers to ride Protektrerat and while this is a horse with immense promise,only a six year old with a lot of weight and a skinny price i prefer stablemate SPIRITOFTHEGAMES and Brigid Andrews knows the horse well and has ridden it round Cheltenham a couple of times.

A recent spin over hurdles will have sharpened him up, i will have a saver on COOLE CODY and my main bet on SPIRITOFTHEGAMES ew.

Coole Cody came down at the 2nd last when just in front,may or may not have won but almost certainly have been place.

The big race a Cheltenham tomorrow is the Greatwood handicap hurdle at 2.55.

I am backing Straw Fan Jack who ran well at the course last time out,has a nice weight 10 stone10 lbs inc pilots 3 lbs claim.

In an open race that favs have a very poor record in the 25 to1 about Straw Fan Jack represents value to me ew with some bookies going 6 places.

Teescomponents Lad is very good ew value in the 1.22 Market Rasen,a race he won last year off 2 lbs higher.

At 6 to1 with Pp going money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav is easily worth a score ew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Good for you,I was more conservative as I thought we with money back was a very safe option.

One worth a few quid ew tomorrow is BEAU HAZE in the 12.35 at Chepstow 9/1 with most bookmakers but could drift as his his trainer Phillip Dando is basically a farmer who trains a few of his own horses for fun.

Dando only has 4 horses in training but can get a winner or two if one is good enough.BEAU HAZE is an 8 year old who has won 3 races in 2021,has had one run back after a break and ran well over a trip that was too short 17 days ago.

The horse did not run until he was 5 and could be still improving,should come on for his last run and the longer trip and is a reasonable ew bet,Conor Ring claims 3 lbs and has ridden the gelding in his last 8 runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Stay Smart 14-1

6pm Chelm

I like this ew, with 4 places

Royal Birth 20-1

6pm Wolves

I like this off this weight , small field 5f, if it can start well it will go close

• Advertisement

There is a listed race at 7.15 in Kempton worth 31,000 to the winner plus an entry to the big money good friday meeting.

The 4 year old Misty Grey is fav but is not certain to get the trip (one mile) and even if he does get home he may not be good enough to beat Ed Walker's STORMY ANTARTIC who is holding his form well for an 8 year old.

Has run well in group races in the past and has only ever ran twice on the AW up to now but he does act on it and i expect him to win.

French Company 25-1 4 places ew

5.30 Dun

Showed promise in some of it's 10 races, the high draw here last time out was

a factor, high draw again here so will need better luck in running

I like it for a place

Cannoli 12-1

Win 5.30 Dun

I really fancy this to win

A dreadful race as far as i am concerned,they did not start to race until two furlongs out having crawled for the first 6 six and the horse was caught flat footed,when Stormy Antartic finally got going he had no room and had to be reined back and his chance was gone.

Can't win em all, if you could we'd all be rich.

Mehmento 6.20 Chelmsford

5-1

Won 3 of it's 5 starts, including a grade 1 in June. It's last two runs were in tough grade ones, this race an easier task

Mr Carbonator 40-1 ew

So consistent, poor run last time out off the back of a break since Feb

4 places here, I think it wil run a better race today.

It's all a Joke 16-1

4.00 Dundalk

Busy of late, this will be 3rd run around here in last week.

Weak enough field, good for a place. Hayes on board a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 weazeld1

Quavering 12.40 lingfield

125/1 lto finished 8th, so could improve in a weak race

The 2.50 at Haycock is a veterans chase and i prefer 10 year olds (races open to 10 year olds and older) wo may have the edge on older horses.

Evan Williams runs Prime Venture who does not win very often but has run well in a few very good staying chases when the ground is heavy.

The horse had a spin over hurdles 34 days ago and should be fitter now after his first run of the season,4 places and a double figure price makes

Prime Venture worth a few quid ew.

• Advertisement

Dundalk 2 .10 war hero looks like possible could improve and should be under the radar after leaving McGuiness

Hogan's fav looks woeful skinny in that race.. hope yours runs well

And Hogan's second string wins at a massive price, with his favourite not even in the first 4 😄 😒

Thanks, but a loser. Can spot weak fav quite easily, other end can be hard to interpret sometimes. Need to get a bit more clinical

I've posted a winner on another thread, thought it was this page. Too many tabs open

I like Tartlette in the 5.30

8-1

A bit crowded over c&d last time out, but had a good turn of foot when free

small field here

GioGiobbo 66-1

5.45 4 places

Has 3 wins over this distance this year, and two places.

Hampered badly last time out over C&D. On a low weight, and with 4 places I think it can grab one.

Nice one BTW.. placed at 66/1 !

Backed that cliff horse loads of times before I gave up on him 😒 A few races later; he only goes and wins (1st of 3 in a row ) at Donny at 33s in June 😂

People celebrate Elliot for winning all the races yesterday, but he had multiple horses in every race, so he had far more losers than winners.

But if it's good enough for a trainer to win that way, why not a gambler? Why back 4 horses, in 4 races, in four meetings, when you could back 4 horses in one race and increase your chances to 50-50 in a field of 8 say. That's how Elliott wins most races, packing the field.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

As long as each of your 4 horses were a minimum price of at least 4/1

Advertisement