Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sweet zimmer, also have him as my 1st in e/w lucky 31 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Got a few quid to play with tomorrow,hoping for a couple of winners.

Went off 11 to 2

I backed FINANS BAY last time out at Listowel and worse still i encouraged a few others to back him as well,he was a disappointing (to me) 4 lengths 5th in that race when i thought he had a very good chance.

Before that he was 4th of 23 behind Max Mayhem at the Curragh in a very hot handicap and before that was 3rd beaten 2 1/2 lengths in a 10 furlong group 3 also at the Curragh.

He runs in the Trigo stakes over 10 furlongs in the 3.45 at Leopardstown tomorrow another listed race,drawn in stall 15 which might not be the best but with the possibility of a good gallop and 4 places i just have to back the gelding ew at 10/1.

I have no idea why he did not do better last time but i am convinced he is better than that run and hope he shows it tomorrow.

The 3.10 at Ascot looks like a race not to be missed and the one i am backing won't make anyone rich but the 7/4 about PALACE PIER looks about right to me,talented and gutsy he can prove very hard to beat.

Baaeed is a year younger and fancied by many to stay unbeaten but i believe PALACE PIER will come out on top.

If there is to be a shock it could be caused by The Revenant who has won this and been placed in it for the last two runnings and might be worth a little ew at 10s especially if anyone is going 4 places.

One other bet at Ascot for small ew money,SALTONSTALL trained by Ado McGuinness who has his horses in very good form.

This fellow has been running in big handicaps over a mile and further and can get involved here at 25/1 PP who go 6 places,i have had a small bet ew on SALTONSTALL and the horse could run well at a nice price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Naas 2.15 Corporal Violette 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

With Frankels finelace a NR today could be the day for Punakha to lose the maiden tag at a short price 202 GowranP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

WD... Won easy, and a nice little drift on the show 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Have had €20 at 17/2 on Impressions Dream, Kempton 8.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Kempton can be one tricky track to pick a winner. Nibblers charm for me today in Thurles around 4-1

NH season getting into gear and i like the look of TOP BANDIT in the 5.25 at Cheltenham.

Runner up in 3 bumpers before winning a bumper in Downpatrick, the gelding might have won his maiden hurdle in Limerick except for losing his footing between the last two hurdles and finishing a close 3rd.

He should come on for that first spin over hurdles and give Elliot an idea of where he stands with his novices.

Priced at 11/2 he must be a decent ew bet and being by Kayf Tara should be well suited by Cheltenham and is a good ew bet.

Aiden OB has the odds on Luxembourg in the Futurity at 3.15 Doncaster,he has a tremendous record in this and the books are taking no chances going 10 to11.

I fancy Bayside Boy who missed the break last time and ran on well even though slightly hampered in a group 1 at Newmarket 2 weeks ago.

That was good form and at 9 to 2 or 5 to 1 is a good ew bet to upset the fav,acts on soft and should give us a good run.

Ran well,Egan was short off room twice and had to switch quite a bit to get a run running on well and almost snatching 2nd.

No harm done as i got the place money and will back Bayside Boy again.

My BHM WIN fancies are Tipperarytiger in 325 lecister and Dublinjourna 430 Galway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Galway 3.55 Hell left loose at 7/1e/w pp 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

A lot of noice for lilth 415 Ffos los in small field back after wind op although unseated last time worth a win buck.

Today I like ARREEHA in the luckylast at newmarket over the jumps Jerrysback, Pekinrose at Ascot and SHANBLUE WIN CharlieHallChase

A cruel blow in Charlie Hall potto 😪 He had it at his mercy/ it was in the bag / the rest were beaten 'all ends up' (insert pretty much any expression ya want).... When he cruised past Cyrname; like he was standing still, it was pretty much 'form an orderly q time'... Racing's a b1tch sometimes 😟

• Advertisement

I had a bad day today. Sorry yesterday Ffos los ground but who knows. I was already on shanblue this morning and after that I had backed rattle owl 340 in ascot he also fell near the end cruising. I'm on a bad run but they either fall or come 2nd please be by father Sunday will be better

Breeders Cup tonight and i will probably back one or two but certainly not more than that,hot races and sometimes poor value on horses trained on this side off the world but of course a pleasure to watch and enjoy.

I have backed one today,MAGIC OF MILAN in the 2.40 at Hexam a 3 mile handicap hurdle that will be run over a furlong further because of the moving of rails and will take a bit of getting.

MAGIC OF MILAN has had one run back after being off for over two years and she stayed on really well from way off the pace when finishing 3rd over almost 3 miles in may on this course,she looked to have no chance that day but was staying on very well at the inish,obviously not easy to train but has the ability to win a race like this.

She was trained by Susan Corbett that day but is now back with her original trainer Sam England (who won a race with her).

Corbett has a fancied one in the race (Atomic Angel) ,McGarry is very short at 2/1 and Geonice ran ok last time, but if MAGIC is ready to go after 171 days off she should win what is a poor enough contest with a few runners not sure to stay the trip.

At 7/1 she is an ew bet

Drifted to 16s,obviously not ready to go today or it could be that she is not even as good as she was.

Good competitive racing today.

Lady Hayes looks a bit disappointing but has been highly tried in recent runs.

She was 2nd in a group 2 at Haydock on soft and also 2nd in a listed at Goodwood,two runs which give her a chance in the listed race at 12.55 Doncaster.

A small ew at 16s for me.

Kings Lynn gives weight away in the 2.40 Don but is in good form and suited by soft can win today.The run when 2nd in a group 3 at Ascot is very good form.

South Terrace has a nice weight in the 1.08 Aintree and can repay ew support at 5 or 6 to 1.I fancied Teona in the Breeders Cup for quite a while,being lightly raced and missing the Arc because of the ground can only help but a very poor draw is a problem.

The current odds are too skinny but if they are better later on I will have an ew bet as I think we have not seen the best of Teona yet.Runs at11.40 tonight.

Kings Lynn's in the 205 donny just to avoid confusion.

Not a bad day,still not sure about Teona price still too small even though draw improved a little as two non runners the draw moves up so now in stall 10

Teona ran very well and the price was a lot better close to the off than the miserly odds on offer in the last few days before the Breeders Cup i had a few quid on ew and if staing in training Teona will hold her own in group races and should be winning at the highest level.

I was glad Bob Baffert didn't win it. There's a strong whiff off that guys operations.

He manages to survive where most would go under given what has gone on in his yard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

hi guys not posted on here for awhile,got word tonight for a horse tomorrow.

nancy wise 8/1 on pp 6/1 on boyles 12.15 race fairyhouse.

Advertisement