Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭zimmermania

SWISS PRIDE has been running well without getting his head in front mainly over 6 furlongs,tried 7 furlongs last time and it appears to be what he needs now.

Worth a bet ew at around 15/2 - 8/1 with Marco Ghiani who rides him regularly on board,good value for his 5 lbs claim.8 .oc Kempton.

MASTER MILLINER has a 5 lb rise for his recent win over 13 furlongs and can win again now stepped up to 2 miles,looks a stayer in a race where a few may struggle to get the trip,this fellow can win again before going over hurdles for Emma Lavelle Ew 5/1 8.30 Kempton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

Tara doyle 8/1 4.45 punchestown just got word for it.

LADS are 4 places in the 8 oc and 8,30 Kem PP are 4 places in the 8 oc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

bassy wrote: »
    Tara doyle 8/1 4.45 punchestown just got word for it.

So much for the word,sorry guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

3.45 Clonmel CianKyle - loves the mud and well handicapped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

but1er wrote: »
    3.45 Clonmel CianKyle - loves the mud and well handicapped

In Clonmel and the going is good, but we'll give it lash anyway.

Wise Eagle doing his best in the 6.oc Chelmsford,blinkers on and if they sharpen him up he could go close at a huge price for small stakes.

In Clonmel and the going is good, but we'll give it lash anyway.

sorry about that. jumping all round was poor not surprised he fell

Wise Eagle disappointed and may not be in love with the game ,lost a few quid but at the price (mostly 33/1) not enough to break the bank and i think i may get it back with interest with a decent bet on one tomorrow.

ARBALET has not won for a while but has been running very well in the main,ran well enough in the Ayr Silver Cup over 6 furlongs (too short for him) last time and last of 5 on the AW over a mile (3 of the 4 in front of him have run since and they all won) in his previous run he was beaten half a length over C and D in a class 2 handicap.

He likes big field handicaps with a strong pace to aim at and should be very competitive in this class 3 handicap at the very generous price of 14/1 PP4 places and 16/1 with others.

The danger could come from EBURY ridden by a good claimer,is 11/2 and i will be having a saver on him as he is another who likes this type of handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

what race is Albaret in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭bladespin

chopperp wrote: »
    what race is Albaret in ?

3.05 Ascot

Wise Eagle disappointed and may not be in love with the game ,lost a few quid but at the price (mostly 33/1) not enough to break the bank and i think i may get it back with interest with a decent bet on one tomorrow.

ARBALET has not won for a while but has been running very well in the main,ran well enough in the Ayr Silver Cup over 6 furlongs (too short for him) last time and last of 5 on the AW over a mile (3 of the 4 in front of him have run since and they all won) in his previous run he was beaten half a length over C and D in a class 2 handicap.

He likes big field handicaps with a strong pace to aim at and should be very competitive in this class 3 handicap at the very generous price of 14/1 PP4 places and 16/1 with others.

The danger could come from EBURY ridden by a good claimer,is 11/2 and i will be having a saver on him as he is another who likes this type of handicap.
    A couple of free bets as Arbalet was 4th to the fav Ladbrokes,better than nothing.

Two good handicaps at Ascot and 5 places available. The 3.05 is particularly competitive.

There is not much between KYNREN and WISE COUNCEL on their running in the Ayr Gold Cup,both running on well,WISE COUNCEL IS 22/1 and KYNREN (won this last year) is 6/1,i have already backed WISE COUNCEL,SHELIR is not without a chance in the race also and i will do ew doubles the 3 with ARECIBO who runs in the other big handicap at at 4.15 Ascot (who also ran well in the Ayr gold cup) 3 ew doubles for modest stakes and small stakes forecasts.

ARECIBO looks to have a very good chance in the 4.15 and it is hard to imagine him not going very close,most books go 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Taking a chance on Thunderoad in the 2:10 at Bath tomorrow. Horse far prefers the all weather but I think the 8/1 is fair.

Back on the all weather this evening - 16:50. At lowest mark on the all weather too. Frustrating one but at 10s I’ll have a play

Best meeting gone so having just 2 bets at Newmarket.

Inclyne 5 to 1 3.20 ew and Oti Ma Boati 2 .10 4 to1,money back on that race if 2nd 3rd 4th to the fav.

Two ew singles and a tenner ew double.

Back on the all weather this evening - 16:50. At lowest mark on the all weather too. Frustrating one but at 10s I’ll have a play

3rd. Not a bad run, will keep an eye for next time again

Small bet on International Law in the 8:30 7/1

Small bet on International Law in the 8:30 7/1

A one paced 4th

HY EALES 5.20 Wol has less mileage than most in this handicap,finished well when just behind Berkshire Philly over the course and distance lto.

Pulled early that day before flying at the finish and a hood now fitted may help and could reverse placings at 11/1.

Shining might be a tad overpriced in the 8pm, looking at form with the favourite and still on a nice mark. 9/1 with Paddypower, only 6s with bet365

• Advertisement

Richard Johnson going for two rides in Leicester before heading to Southwell this evening, might be a worthy double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

but1er wrote: »
    Richard Johnson going for two rides in Leicester before heading to Southwell this evening, might be a worthy double

Who??

maximo31 wrote: »

Who??

Sorry completely typed the wrong thing. Richard Hughes sends two horses to Leicester 1.15 and 2.20 both have chances

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

A short priced fancy (4/5 with Bet365) but can't see Tide of Time not being placed in the 3:50 @ Navan today.

Held onto a little too long last time it ran over C/D, only asked for effort two out but was very eye catching and made up lots of ground only managing 3rd but with Orr on board again can't see him leaving it so late again.

7/2 to win on BF but Miacomet (who came 2nd in that race) is also a good horse so that puts me off the win bet. Although, 9/4 (on Bet365) w/o Miacomet looks tempting too but think I'll just max bet the place as just can't see him out of the frame in this.

EDIT: 4th. Dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭BagheeraBlue

7.00 top breeze 5/1

DINO VELVET 22/1 PP is overpriced 5 places in a good handicap hurdle at Chepstow 3.57.

KYNREN 3.10 York an a blinder in the Ayr Gold Cup,if ridden to come late can win at 11/1 5 places.

DALTON HIGHWAY 22/1 is closeley matched with the Mullins trained fav in the 3.35 Newmarket,has the worst of the draw but i am hoping the trainer and jockey, Weld and Marquand can have a plan to overcome the disadvantage.Not So Sleepy and Lynwood Gold also have chances in this 35 runner handicap pp 7 PLACES.

LUCANDER 4.50 Newmarket is up in class but this a weak group 3 and his run in the Camebridgeshire when 2nd gives him a chance at around 12/1 also ran well when winning at York in his previous run.

The races above are all very competitive but can repay ew support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Nada for prada at 12.55 hexham. Around 3s.

Looks like it could make a useful type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Nada for prada at 12.55 hexham. Around 3s.

Looks like it could make a useful type.

2nd

Two each way darts today

DIOCLETIAN 3.35 Newmarket 28/1 Boyles

One in the Cesarewitch 2m. 2f. Going - Soft.
    Shapes as though this trip and ground will suit. Was staying on well last time out at Haydock over a mile and six on soft ground. Has every chance of making the frame here; albeit from a wide draw, but a waiting ride should help his chances, so the wide draw should be okay today.

ANNIEMATION 4.08 Chelmsford 28/1 Paddy

Am going to give this one one more chance at a trip he has won at before. He is back at 7f today for the first time since he won in July of last year at Musselburgh. Has not appeared to stay over the longer trips since then, ranging from 8 - 10fs, and consequently has taken a fair drop in the weights. Cheekpieces are used for the first time today and, to me, it's a good thing to see the 'equipment' being used in these low grade affairs as 'every little helps' :) when trying to find one at a price.

This bloody lockdown :mad: Feels like an ordeal just to go to the betting shop nowadays what with all the restrictions. May not be a wholesale lockdown, but it's demoralising for the shop punter regardless - 10.30 am opening times etc... :(

Anyway; a winner would do summit for morale, so here's hoping. :P :pac:

Gluck

• Advertisement

No joy today :o

Diocletian never got involved, and Anniemation blew his chance at the start.

Only way is up :pac:

Advertisement