Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

7.15 Wolves SHEPHERD'S PURSE 7/1 PP

Drawn very wide here in the 10 box. Has won a grade 5 here over C & D about a year ago. Nothing stands out in the race, and the selection will need some sort of luck to be involved at the business end from the widest berth; so 'Midge' Mullen will probably need to angle him as close as possible to the rail to save as much ground as possible, as the horse likes to race close to the pace. The first furlong will be very important here, so hoping the jockey will be able to secure a good position to give punters a run for their money.

Mrs Carr's horse has dropped a few pounds recently, and has ran a few good races here since his win last October, so the form box gets a tick here.

I feel it can win, or finish mid div (which is nowhere) tonight, so a tentative win bet here at the tempting price of 7s.

Shepherd's Purse no good today; drop a couple of lbs for next time -
    with a better draw hopefully. 1st furlong was where he lost the race
    imo. Used up a lot of speed early doors for no advantage whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lucky 15 for me today. 4 horses from the tracker. Market is up and down on them. All have a good chance imo.

1.10 arthur fonzarelli

1.55 addeybb

2.25 ask henry

3.50 ocean wind

Last

1st

4th

1st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The 1.30 at Chelmsford is a trappy contest over 7 furlongs and it is possible that any of the 7 runners could win it,i am having a few quid on KIMIFIVE who has won some good races and has run even better races in defeat,notably when runner up to Summerghand.

Not particularly well handicapped but is too big a price at 7/1 so worth a bet.

Three in with a chance in the listed race at 2.40 Bev.
    The one i like is the 2nd fav ALJADY who gives a little weight away,has plenty of form over 6 furlongs but is not lacking pace for this 5 furlong race.

I expect ALJADY to jump off in front and prove too quick for the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Three in with a chance in the listed race at 2.40 Bev.
    The one i like is the 2nd fav ALJADY who gives a little weight away,has plenty of form over 6 furlongs but is not lacking pace for this 5 furlong race.

I expect ALJADY to jump off in front and prove too quick for the rest.

Great call Zimmer....

PETTOCHSIDE is a favourite of mine when conditions are right.

Right means running at Goodwood (has won 6 times there ) and if the word soft is in the going description then congitions are really right though PETTOCHSIDE has won on good but is better on soft. I looked at the forecast for Goodwood and there is some rain expected tonight and tomorrow which will help.

Its an apprentice race and he is ridden by Saffie Osborne,a daughter of Jamie the trainer,she has only ridden 4 winners but looks ok in the saddle and will probably be told to go off hard in this race and just keep going.

The horse is 11 which will put some punters off but not me as he will hardly be ridden with the future in mind.

An ew bet around 5 or 6 to 1 his chance will increase with lots of rain and is a bit of value with just 8 runners and might drift a bit due to age.Runs at 4.30.

An Each Way Lucky for me

Goodwood
    2.55 ANNA NERIUM
    4.05 PINNATA
    4.40 SHAMSHON

Perth
    3.05 LAS TUNAS

One more for wednesday,MOTAMAYIZ in the 3.50 Redcar for the inform Roger Varian,has a 6 lb penalty for latest win but seems to be still improving.

Won well last time and galloped on well when challenged,worth a few quid ew.

LA barrosa is odds on to win the 3 oc at Newmarket today,cost 750.000 gns and came out and won his only race in good style.

He could turn out very good in time but is a very poor price (8/11)for what he has achieved now running in a group 3,my idea of a value bet is YAZAMAN who has run 2nd in two group 2s and is 4/1 for todays contest,there is a suggestion that he may not be straight forward but in my book he has done very little wrong and ran very well in a valuable sales race last time.

Trainer and jockey in top form so i have backed YAZAMAN ew as it looks a bet to nothing and the horse has only to run to form to take all the beating today.

• Advertisement

Breath Caught is too big a price for the 4.45 at Newmarket.
    His 2nd at Epsom last time out is by far the best form of any horse in the race,has had a few changes of stable but now back with Ralph Becket this year is ready to win again.

This a competitive handicap and Breath Caught has been off the track for 83 days,but that is probably a plus as he has won twice and finished 2nd once following breaks such as this and at 8 to1 ew is the days best bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Sorry for late post Diamond River fancied in the 12.30 Uttoxeter

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Breath Caught is too big a price for the 4.45 at Newmarket.
    His 2nd at Epsom last time out is by far the best form of any horse in the race,has had a few changes of stable but now back with Ralph Becket this year is ready to win again.

This a competitive handicap and Breath Caught has been off the track for 83 days,but that is probably a plus as he has won twice and finished 2nd once following breaks such as this and at 8 to1 ew is the days best bet for me.

Great shout Zimmer. Backed last night so got the price. Well done.

Seas of Elzaam won well last time and is fancied to defy a 6 lb penalty in the 7 oc at Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Seas of Elzaam won well last time and is fancied to defy a 6 lb penalty in the 7 oc at Newcastle.

Great shout, I missed it due to fortnight duties with my son on PS4 :(

I backed FIFTH POSITION for the 3.35 Newmarket weeks ago at 16/1 antepost 5 places,could have got a bigger price today 6 or 7 places but thats the problem with antepost betting,FIFTH has a lot of weight but has a touch of class and if the ground has not dried out too much he has a good chance.

I also backed GOOD BIRTHDAY in the same race,he was third in this last year off 8 lbs higher and would appear to have been campaigned with the race in mind this year and is an ew bet at 16 or 20/1 pp going 7 places.

In the 4.40 at Newmarket DOCUMENTING has a very big weight but has run some very good races this year and its hard to see him being beaten,Cry Havoc is a short price but was only 2 lengths in front of Seas of Elzaam and while it would boost the value of Sea of Elzaam i cant see it happening and DOCUMENTING is the bet.

HEY MR is short enough 5 or 6/4 in the 2. 20 at Ripon but should win.

Final selections made on day when some excellent racing takes place.

A 3 euro ew yankee.

Dandalla 9 to 2 2.25 New.
    Supremacy 6 to1 3.oc New
    Documenting 7 to 2 4.40 New.
    Summerghand 3.50 Curr. 3 to 1

Summerghand has had a long tough campaign but if anyway right is the thrown in at the weights.

Precisely is very well fancied in the 5.20 at Bath.

Great shout, made up for my weekends losses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Billy Dylan 50-1 6.45

Good ew, ran a good race last time out, looked well held. Has dropped down the ratings a lot.
    Should be an honest run here, owner loves a big price winner/place

• Advertisement

REDARNA runs in the 3.15 at Ayr tomorrow in a class 3 seven furlong handicap.

He has been running well enough over 8 and 10 furlongs and did manage to win over 8 and a half furlongs at Hamilton in july off a mark of 89.

REDARNA runs very well at Ayr and his last 5 runs over 7 furlongs yielded 4 wins and a 2nd to Wise Council at level weights around this time last year off 88,the mark he runs off tomorrow. At 13/2 he rates a good ew bet over a course and distance that suits him very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Magic Zim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

He has been running well enough over 8 and 10 furlongs and did manage to win over 8 and a half furlongs at Hamilton in july off a mark of 89.

REDARNA runs very well at Ayr and his last 5 runs over 7 furlongs yielded 4 wins and a 2nd to Wise Council at level weights around this time last year off 88,the mark he runs off tomorrow. At 13/2 he rates a good ew bet over a course and distance that suits him very well.

You absolute legend sir. Thank you yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Zimmer your some boyo.. 9/1 I got in boyles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Ah stop Zim, where am I going to hide all this dough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Well done the Zimmo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Ah damn, Redarna in my tracker and also saw Zimmermania’s write up and still forgot about it.

Sky bet paying 3/1 for the phrase "unfit for office" to be said by either candidate during tonight's presidential election debate has to be easy money?

Cant do multiples but have also done either candidate to say "Greatest president ever" (most likely Trump obviously) at 6/1.

7.10 Wolves TURANGA LEELA 40/1 gen

This mare is down to her last winning mark of 65, and at a trip
    of 6fs which should be right in her wheelhouse. Last 3 runs were
    disappointing, but excuses can be made as she was drawn pretty
    wide in all of those, and 2 of those runs were at 7fs.

Drawn in the five box tonight, and has the in - form Saffiar aboard
    who takes 7lbs off. John Mackie's mare has won at least once every year
    since 2016, and has yet to win this year, so hopefully that can change tonight.

Using her low weight the jockey can make all here - if that's the plan -
    at very nice odds.

Gluck

• Advertisement

^^^^^^

Not good enough tonight unfortunately.

Advertisement