Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

errlloyd wrote: »
    Have we ever lost to Saracens?

Sarawho?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Lowe and Byrne on both wings? :eek:

Oh I do love a good ol "no defence needed we'll just score more than you" game, that said I'd bite your hand off if you offered me a 3-0 win now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I've heard Conan is definitely out but Ruddock is potentially on the bench instead of Deegan.

Same person told me Carbery is on the bench and Lowe is starting.

Ruddocks on the bench. Overheard Jordi Murphy mention it to some lad on the street outside work

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Daly can consider himself unlucky to be there.

Strange to see Bent on the bench. Possible he will still be 24th man for the seniors on Sunday?

I thought if he was to play, he can't be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Oh I do love a good ol "no defence needed we'll just score more than you" game, that said I'd bite your hand off if you offered me a 3-0 win now

Can't beat the super rugby defence optional approach

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Ruddocks on the bench. Overheard Jordi Murphy mention it to some lad on the street outside work

This city is comically small at times :pac:

I thought if he was to play, he can't be?

Really? I'm not sure of the official rule.

Porter was 24th man for Ireland in November having played for Leinster the night before

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Really? I'm not sure of the official rule.

Porter was 24th man for Ireland in November having played for Leinster the night before

Well I recall a few years ago Boss was listed on bench for the Senior team, didn't make an appearance, then came on for the A's later that night. But i believe if he did make an appearance for the seniors, he wouldn't have been able to play for the A's.

I think it's only 1 club appearance a weekend, or is that only in our amatuer leagues? I recall reading about it when there were clubs that had multiple teams and sometimes they'd have seniors fill out in lower rated sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Well I recall a few years ago Boss was listed on bench for the Senior team, didn't make an appearance, then came on for the A's later that night. But i believe if he did make an appearance for the seniors, he wouldn't have been able to play for the A's.

I think it's only 1 club appearance a weekend, or is that only in our amatuer leagues? I recall reading about it when there were clubs that had multiple teams and sometimes they'd have seniors fill out in lower rated sides.
    Depends on time played.
    Amatuer rugby you can be involved in two games in a weekend. Just you cant start 2 games in a weekend/play more than game and a half a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sarries are the team with the pedigree going into this one. They have also won, in Dublin, in a European Cup knockout before. I can't help but shake the idea that if it's close going into the final quarter, they'll slowly pull away. Especially if, by then, Leinster are down to a patch quilt in their backline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Sarries are the team with the pedigree going into this one. They have also won, in Dublin, in a European Cup knockout before. I can't help but shake the idea that if it's close going into the final quarter, they'll slowly pull away. Especially if, by then, Leinster are down to a patch quilt in their backline.

Leinster had 14 players in the 23 for the England game two weeks ago. There is no question of pedigree here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Leinster had 14 players in the 23 for the England game two weeks ago. There is no question of pedigree here.

doesnt really matter.

Saracens have 100% of the Heineken Cups since 2015. Including, as I mention above, a win in Dublin in a knock-out game. I'm not sure how having a few internationals gives Leinster the edge in terms of tournament pedigree.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Saracens have 100% of the Heineken Cups since 2015. Including, as I mention above, a win in Dublin in a knock-out game. I'm not sure how having a few internationals gives Leinster the edge in terms of tournament pedigree.

And Toulon had won 100% of cups in the three years before them and Leinster had won 100% of cups in the two years before that. Those records stand until they don't. The majority of this Leinster team have just won a much bigger prize than the European Cup. I don't see how them winning in Dublin last year matters a jot, they were playing a very poor Munster team, not Leinster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

And Toulon had won 100% of cups in the three years before them and Leinster had won 100% of cups in the two years before that. Those records stand until they don't. The majority of this Leinster team have just won a much bigger prize than the European Cup. I don't see how them winning in Dublin last year matters a jot, they were playing a very poor Munster team, not Leinster.

and this leinster team havent played together in 2+ months and the likely 15 have never played together.

irishfan9 wrote: »
    and this leinster team havent played together in 2+ months and the likely 15 have never played together.

And maybe they'll go out and get beaten by the better team. But I'm not buying this don't have the pedigree (which is a synonym for experience basically) to win it. Because the talent is quite obviously there and home advantage is massive.

It matters because this won't be new to them and they won't have anywhere near the same fear factor of a traveling quarter-finalist this weekend; not just winning an away knock-out, but winning an away knock-out in that very stadium. Leinster's internationals will be used to winning, but not in this team, in this tournament. That's where Sarries have the edge for me. They also have a few grand slammers from 2016 knocking around to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Would we prefer Farrell to start this weekend or not? Sounds like a silly question but he's not in good form with ball in hand or from the tee. He'll play 10 which isn't his best position either.

D14Rugby wrote: »

My thinking is - by the time Sarries go wide, it doesn't really matter who is defending out there, so just throw caution to the wind and play the ballers!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

We won't be, they'll be chasing a try in the last quarter to give some respectability to the score but the contest will be over before 50 minutes.

Delusional

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Would we prefer Farrell to start this weekend or not? Sounds like a silly question but he's not in good form with ball in hand or from the tee. He'll play 10 which isn't his best position either.

He was England’s best player and bagged 2 tries in the 6 nations, whether it’s his best descion or not is up for debate but he was good enough to start 10 for the lions and won european player of the year playing there

Leinster should dominate the battle upfront and set the tempo with sarries without Koch,Rhodes,vunipola, Skelton and Clark all likely would have played some part Sunday if fit bar maybe Skelton

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

#ibelieveher dogooders organising a march on sunday in city centre. Seen one or two suggestions it may end up in a protest march out to aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I mean I don't know what they are protesting if they end up in the Aviva. Rumours and getting people out there on a Sunday for a protest at the Aviva that makes no sense are two very different things, I doubt they'd get the numbers. Makes more sense to protest at ravenhill if anything.

I think we should edge it, we have better preparation than sarries despite injuries and 6n and we have very good coaching and experience.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    #ibelieveher dogooders organising a march on sunday in city centre. Seen one or two suggestions it may end up in a protest march out to aviva

oh for fcuk sake.

oh for fcuk sake.

And now online petitions imploring the IRFU to sack the 4 of them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

March is Saturday. Match is Sunday.

Unless they're planning to walk reeeeealllly slowly I think we'll be ok.

Can we please not discuss this any further on the Leinster thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭durthacht

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    And now online petitions imploring the IRFU to sack the 4 of them :(

Do McIlroy and Harrison work for the IRFU? :confused:

March is Saturday. Match is Sunday.

Unless they're planning to walk reeeeealllly slowly I think we'll be ok.

Can we please not discuss this any further on the Leinster thread?

Some people are trying to organise one for Sunday to try and get some hangers on from whatever event takes place on oconnell street

Anyway. Leinster by 4

What time is team announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

MDunne14 wrote: »
    Clegg wrote: »

He was England’s best player and bagged 2 tries in the 6 nations, whether it’s his best descion or not is up for debate but he was good enough to start 10 for the lions and won european player of the year playing there
    I thought he was far from England's best player of the 6N. Was a liability in defence and failed to spark England's attack.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but one that's playing so poorly that a different 10 starting may be bad news for Leinster. He's also a better 12 than 10 in my view.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement