Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Poor, poor, poor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Great chance from that maul.....butchered.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Lucky to get that penalty for the push. ROL should never have tried to go outside there. Was clear case of coming inside to buy time for support.

Ospreys did well to disrupt that maul. We've looked far, far more interested since the front row changes although I thought Jack McGrath put himself about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Whats the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Whats the score?

Ospreys 29 - 18 Leinster 73 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Painful viewing tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Ospreys seem to have snuffed out the momentum that Leinster had

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Every time a maul is called, we lose the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

ospreys a mile offside.

Why are the backs going in so high getting murdered with hold up for mauls all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

How do our backs keep running into trouble and getting held up? Learn from the mistakes ffs.

So you call use it then they don’t use it and yet give them the put in again???

Candy from a baby when it comes to the choke tackle. AWJ and Tipuric are everywhere and really teaching us a lesson.

Carbery struggling on the back foot. Byrne was no better. No idea why they don't try more kicks through given the two tries came directly from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Painful watching. I hate Lacey as a ref but this lack of performance has nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

more dithering behind the ruck, we've given easy turn overs way too many times

Don't agree with that call at all. Ball was unplayable at a ruck. It hadn't been turned over. Should have been a Leinster put in.

A shocking performance, the worst I have seen from Leinster in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭durthacht

It's like watching England with only one guy in the ruck and not protecting the ball.

It's probably disjointed because so many were away and are only now being reintegrated so mistakes are inevitable I guess. I still think this will be good if it shakes out any complacency in the system.

A-Train wrote: »
    A shocking performance, the worst I have seen from Leinster in a long time.

Meh. It was poor but not as bad as people are making out. It was the first game after we won a GS away in Wales against our bogey team. We played poorly but I'm not too bothered. I've certainly seen us play worse in the last couple of seasons.

Guys like Fardy were completely disinterested relative to how they've performed this season. Definitely some people minding themselves, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Whats the story with Isa? Is he in the frame for next week? We're in trouble if not with Henshaw, Larmour and probably Reid out. O'Laughlin at 13 with Ringrose at 12 if no Isa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Buer wrote: »
    Meh. It was poor but not as bad as people are making out. It was the first game after we won a GS away in Wales against our bogey team. We played poorly but I'm not too bothered. I've certainly seen us play worse in the last couple of seasons.

Guys like Fardy were completely disinterested relative to how they've performed this season. Definitely some people minding themselves, I believe.

You're probably right about people minding themselves, particularly after seeing 3 teammates go off. Only human to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ROL was good.

That was the only positive thing I can say from that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Better to happen this week rather than next. This should focus the mind.

.ak wrote: »
    ROL was good.

That was the only positive thing I can say from that game.

Mixed the good with the bad, I thought. Got stripped in contact at least once. Got himself isolated on the far wing and turned over and also put in a shocker of a kick in the first half that put us in all sorts of trouble.

But he looked more lively with the ball in hand than he has done in a while. Made some decent yards in traffic and didn't look as wobbly in defence as he has done this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Really poor performance.. . .we missed our internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Sean Kinsella

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Really poor performance.. . .we missed our internationals.

Agreed and is that 1 draw and 2 defeats from the last 3 games?

Probably an overreaction as I thought more people would be trying to put their hands up for next week by big performances.

I know the early injuries will have focused minds to look after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Mixed the good with the bad, I thought. Got stripped in contact at least once. Got himself isolated on the far wing and turned over and also put in a shocker of a kick in the first half that put us in all sorts of trouble.

But he looked more lively with the ball in hand than he has done in a while. Made some decent yards in traffic and didn't look as wobbly in defence as he has done this season.

Their 2nd try was directly caused by ROL deciding to get involved in a ruck he never had any chance of making a difference in, when the defensive line was short. He should have seen that and made himself useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah you referring to the break in the 2nd half? C'mon, thats sort of the idea of rugby, make a line break, get towards the opposition try line. He didn't get isolated, he made a simple line break, our support play wasn't alive to the possible break. It's moments like that you start to realize why Sexton runs about 5 yards infront of everyone once he passes the ball, anticipating a break, rather than re-aligning.

Agree with everything else.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Ah you referring to the break in the 2nd half? C'mon, thats sort of the idea of rugby, make a line break, get towards the opposition try line. He didn't get isolated, he made a simple line break, our support play wasn't alive to the possible break. It's moments like that you start to realize why Sexton runs about 5 yards infront of everyone once he passes the ball, anticipating a break, rather than re-aligning.

I thought it was a poor decision from him. He stood up the defenders and then had the option of coming infield and trying to stay alive or taking Tipuric and the full back on the outside with minimal space. He tried to go outside, was put to ground immediately and turned over. All he needed to do was turn inside and buy one or two extra seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement