Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

Try out of nothing for Daly, nice kick through by Luke but hardly deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

That’s a much better response

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭THFC198

Looked like his foot was out there..... that’s certainly gone our way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Jesus that was borderline.

durthacht wrote: »
    I dunno. Munster used to always lose their last game before Europe, get pissed off, shake off any complacency, and play well in Europe.

This is probably all part of a cunning plan.

Hopefully, hopefully...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That's one of the worst performances by Leinster I have seen in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Did they just check the grounding or was there no definitive camera angle available?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Watching on a poxy stream. The shot wasn't wide enough for me to see whether his foot had hit the line or not but certainly looked likely.

Fantastic kick through at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Buer wrote: »
    I'd happily let the game end now. This has been a disaster for the Saracens game. The injuries may have made it essential that Lowe features next week now.

Some lads look like they've no interest in being there. I suspect Andrew Porter had a few shandies this week. Blowing out his arse.
    I think it was essential that Lowe start anyway. He's a fantastic player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

THFC198 wrote: »
    Looked like his foot was out there..... that’s certainly gone our way

No, he's allowed ground the ball if he's in touch.

Once again, the crowd are booing the ref because he knows the rules and they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭durthacht

Once again, the crowd are booing the ref because he knows the rules and they don't.

Eh? :confused:

Clegg wrote: »
    I think it was essential that Lowe start anyway. He's a fantastic player.

He'd be a nice player to have for the game but, given our needs with the two foreign spots, he was far from essential. There's still a decent chance that we go with Kearney, Carbery, Daly and Byrne for our back 3 options.

That's the law

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well he can touch it down, but it gets complicated when you're talking about a bouncing ball

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

This game is live on S4C Facebook page for anyone who can't see

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Leinster supporter's club are sharing the s4c stream on facebook if anyone cant find a way to watch.

He's right. As long as the ball is in the in goal area and the player isn't holding the ball, he can be in touch or touch-in-goal.

From the law book for when a try is scored:
    Who is in touch or touch-in-goal, grounds the ball in the opponents’ in-goal provided the player is not holding the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster's forwards are losing the collisions. All of the great performances this season have come from having a tough pack that ground sides into submission. So to see some very good forwards play so poorly is quite disappointing.

We're not out of the game entirely though. We look decent when we can put a few phases together.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Thats a new one to me, suppose it makes sense if you've a scenario where 2 wings are chasing a grubber, prevents the defender simply ushering the attacker into touch.

AWJ is blowing through rucks against 2 and 3 men on his own. He's a fantastic player but our physicality and aggression is pretty poor.

• Advertisement

I swear, if Jack McGrath is injured, I'm going to burn Swansea to the ground.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster been on the pints all week?

Our forwards are just being marched backwards.

Daly and Adam Byrne both carrying far too upright into traffic. Easy stuff for the Ospreys to hold them up.

Which would be the biggest boost to their real estate market in decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Soggy enough place. Would you get it to catch? ;)

awec wrote: »
    Leinster been on the pints all week?

Certainly some of them. Andrew Porter has been utterly anonymous. Fewest tackles of any forward on the part and, impressively, is yet to touch the ball once after 50 minutes. This is the guy who was carrying every second phase in the 6N against Italy.

Shocking just shocking, half assed all over the pitch

Can we just go home now please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Carnage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement