Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what Mad_Lad got this time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

There was but the interest was something crazy like 8.5%. You won't get a much cheaper bank loan they're robbing b1stards.

Not sure what the deposit was.

VW of course can offer a lot less because they have their own bank. The banks are taking the p1ss.

I'd be nervous buying an older M3, the quality on some models is supposed to be ****, the bodywork, paint etc. newer ones are better I think.

It amazes me that I never see 2nd hand m3 on the Tesla site.

8.5% is high enough... Avantcard lads are doing 5.7% on 40k loans currently for up to 7 years. Might be an option for you if you’re looking to finance a big chunk of your purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 64,876 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It amazes me that I never see 2nd hand m3 on the Tesla site.

Tesla don't do trade-ins, so they don't sell second hand cars

(well technically they do, but they just ring a few traders and you end up getting whatever those traders give you which is many thousands under market value)

peposhi wrote: »
    8.5% is high enough... Avantcard lads are doing 5.7% on 40k loans currently for up to 7 years. Might be an option for you if you’re looking to finance a big chunk of your purchase

No wouldn't do that over 7 years that would be mad.

5.7% is too high.

Considering what we put into the banks it's pretty bad.

unkel wrote: »
    Tesla don't do trade-ins, so they don't sell second hand cars

(well technically they do, but they just ring a few traders and you end up getting whatever those traders give you which is many thousands under market value)

Which is the same as what every dealer does. The only way to get a decent price would be to bring the i3 back to Frank Keane for another BMW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭frozen3

peposhi wrote: »
    Was there a lovely blue M3 for sale a few days ago for circa €40k, Mad_Lad?

Someone was selling a M3P here as well for in the 50's

Would be a far better buy, 40% larger battery, way faster, won't depreciate as much imo

SR+ isn't great value imo, end of the day it has the same size battery as a 27k Zoe, I know it's aerodynamic and everything, but it's a puny battery compared to LR/Performance.

• Advertisement

frozen3 wrote: »
    Someone was selling a M3P here as well for in the 50's

Would be a far better buy, 40% larger battery, way faster, won't depreciate as much imo

SR+ isn't great value imo, end of the day it has the same size battery as a 27k Zoe, I know it's aerodynamic and everything, but it's a puny battery compared to LR/Performance.

Yeah the larger battery M3 would be good. I think the range of the SR+ is a little on the low side.

I can't wait for a test drive, I'm not sure I would like a car so low down though, the i3 is great getting in and out very spacious not sure what the M3 would be like, I remember the 3 series Frank Kean gave me and it felt a lot more cramped and I kept whacking my head getting in and out.

Charge point stuff sorted, only have to ask for the charge point access card now at security and they hand it out no questions asked, happy days.

The other site only has a normal outdoor socket so I use the granny lead, got from 51-85% in 5 hrs today on that so will still get me home foot to the floor no bother worst of weather.

Great stuff. So you can postpone buying another car. Every day you postpone, saves you substantial money. Save it up and buy your next car without finance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,890 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Charge point stuff sorted, only have to ask for the charge point access card now at security and they hand it out no questions asked, happy days.

The other site only has a normal outdoor socket so I use the granny lead, got from 51-85% in 5 hrs today on that so will still get me home foot to the floor no bother worst of weather.

Have you started bringing an axe with you when you ask for the charging key? :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Great stuff. So you can postpone buying another car. Every day you postpone, saves you substantial money. Save it up and buy your next car without finance :D

Yes I can postpone buying another car for the time being.

• Advertisement

Have you started bringing an axe with you when you ask for the charging key? :D

Oh any more sh1t and I pull the main fibres to the data centre lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Worst case on the charger is there anywhere to plug the granny cable?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Do you have a PoE connector for your granny charger :D

That's where the axe can come in quite handy as well :D

Worst case on the charger is there anywhere to plug the granny cable?

Totally OT but I did notice a lot of the 22kW chargers in France advertise having a 3kW schuko plug as well. I guess it's handy for the few older EVs around

I wonder do they ever have problems of it being abused, someone plugging in their campervan for example

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Totally OT but I did notice a lot of the 22kW chargers in France advertise having a 3kW schuko plug as well. I guess it's handy for the few older EVs around

I wonder do they ever have problems of it being abused, someone plugging in their campervan for example
    Sorry meant elsewhere to charger as they don't like him using charger

Sorry meant elsewhere to charger as they don't like him using charger

Oh I know, I'm just dragging the thread off on a tangent as usual :D

EDIT: There was a thread going a while back about using outdoor sockets to charge. A lot of businesses will generally have one somewhere and if you can get permission then it's an easy option for charging

liamog wrote: »
    Do you have a PoE connector for your granny charger :D

That would be some trickle charge lol

Passed NCT today, haven't had NCT since I had the MK II Prius.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone care to hazard a guess at a sensible sale price for a 162 94ah i3 REx, 65km on the clock. Well specced with the bigger screen, park assist, HK speakers etc. Doesn't have leather or comfort access.

I also have a set of winter wheels that I could flog separately or haggle into the deal.

• Advertisement

Hard to say, you're in Donegal during a level 5 lockdown, that doesn't help. I'd say a REx is worth less than a BEV and someone sold a late 2016 94Ah BEV recently privately in the Dublin area for €13k, so I guess that is your ballpark. Now, I know nothing about the specs on these, so adjust the figure for how desirable your spec is.

Put it in the for sale thread, you'll get a lot more traffic than here

And - - - - - - what are you buying? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd guess you should do better than 13k just off the top of my head. For 13k I'd expect a 60ah rex.

This is the cheapest listed 90AH rex and it's at 16k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-bmw-i3-94ah/27188398

EDIT: Thats not a rex it's a bev, the cheapest 94ah rex is 2k more

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-i3-range-extender-aa-approved-full-history/27485023

As I learned from selling my S, if you price it right the buyer will come quickly. If not the car will sit for ages. There's a 7 seat model S that is listed for more than what I asked, despite being a 75, and has not sold in months of listing.

I'd say to anyone with half a brain and the state of our charging infrastructure that the Rex would be far more desirable especially with the shorter range.

And it's perfectly suitable for anyone on the fence unsure whether to make the transition from ICE to BEV only.

The other issue is that going to a VW dealer with a BMW is always going to get you less the same as going with a VW to a BMW dealer. Guarnteed, if you go trade in the id.3 for another id.3 or vw you will get more that's the way of keeping you with them, they don't want to loose you and get you into another car in 2 or 3 years.

Agree @Madlad, the rex is more desirable, not less. There's plenty of people (myself included) that dont particularly like the i3 but are considering one specifically because of the rex

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You'd have to balance the utility of the REx with the fact that there will soon be a bunch of 120Ah i3s (not i3ses, although those too) coming into the second-hand market soon. So then the REx becomes a space hog, rather than something with a real benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I would agree on the REX. Best part of it i always thought is that you ca avail of all the battery as you have a guaranteed safety net. That makes up for the extra servicing.

Hope to pick up an i3s rex when prices fall further to keep for long term. Always thought of it as a future classic.

Guessing BMW must not be selling any i3’s in any great quantities these days with the Id beating it on price and range.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

I'd say a REx is worth less than a BEV

The REx is always priced higher than the BEV, was the same back when I bought mine too. Why do you reckon it would be the other way around?

Cheapest REx I can find online that's a similar vintage is €18k. Most dealer ads are around €21k.

Most of those are lower spec than mine as none that I spotted have the park assist package, although some do have the bigger nav/info screen.

And - - - - - - what are you buying? :D

Still speculative, but e-Niro is most likely.

If a used Tesla is not an option (and you've ruled out my pick of the triplets, the esoul) then the eniro makes sense.
    Lots of space and lots of range. You could easily get from Donegal to the east side of antrim and back in a day.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Why do you reckon it would be the other way around?

Less desirable, considerably slower, heavier, less efficient, costs more to tax and way more in maintenance

If you don't desperately need the utility of the REx, then I would stay away. It was different in 2016, but this is 2021 now

This is of course dependent on the buyer's needs. If they need the extra range occasionally or regularly and don't really care much about the drawbacks, the REx is attractive. Personally I would never even consider a REx, particularly not in the 94Ah model. BMW agrees with me, they have phased it out completely now. It's a thing of the past. But hey, some people are still buying diesels :p

Advertisement