Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what Mad_Lad got this time?

Options

Comments

peposhi wrote: »
    You want cheap loan, Mad_Lad ? The Zoe is offered at 0.0% up to a max of 20k for the month of February. So here’s the plan - you trade in your REX and get 2 Zoes for the family - plenty of space and still 3-phase charging :)

Zoe ? eah not sure I could :D

To be honest I was never fond of French cars.

Kramer wrote: »
    Why would you want to inflict that torture on Mad_Lad? An i3 to a Zoe?

haha yeah kind of would be a bit torturous :D

He'll have to leave one in the office charging and drive the other one to work, then swap them around for the journey home :D

Sort of like the EV version of the pony express, the Zoe Express :D

Or better still, someone to drive me while I sleep on the long commute. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Or better still, someone to drive me while I sleep on the long commute. :D

There is only one reasonably affordable car that you can buy now has a half chance of doing that a few years down the road ;)

unkel wrote: »
    There is only one reasonably affordable car that you can buy now has a half chance of doing that a few years down the road ;)

Yeah only my mileage is far too much to buy a 50K car. :mad:

• Advertisement

Eh? The more you drive, the more the depreciation is spread out over your cost per km and the more the fuel consumption counts (bad when you use REx every day)

Unless of course you are not buying the car, but renting it (PCP) and you get punished for going over the set kms per year allowed. You need to change your ways! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭frozen3

You want cheap loan, Mad_Lad ? The Zoe is offered at 0.0% up to a max of 20k for the month of February. So here’s the plan - you trade in your REX and get 2 Zoes for the family - plenty of space and still 3-phase charging :)

Had me curious there when i saw 20k as I like the Zoe

Went onto Renault site and saw the basic model is 27k with no metallic paint, which is insane money

Yes it's insane for a supermini. Now I'd say you can get a very substantial discount off that price though if you're a cash buyer.

Eh? The more you drive, the more the depreciation is spread out over your cost per km and the more the fuel consumption counts (bad when you use REx every day)

Unless of course you are not buying the car, but renting it (PCP) and you get punished for going over the set kms per year allowed. You need to change your ways! :D

I think I'm beyond now where PCP makes sense.

Still mad paying 50 K for car including giving the Government 12,100 Euro's for free, that's the real sickening part.

I got the charge point today without any sh1t. Hopefully next week I won't be on this site for the whole week.

• Advertisement

I think I'm beyond now where PCP makes sense.

Nice one. Lift off the shackles of the PCP and be thousands better off :cool:
    giving the Government 12,100 Euro's for free, that's the real sickening part.

Nobody likes paying taxes, but we do have our nurses, teachers, guards to pay for...
    Still mad paying 50 K for car

It's a lot of money to spend on a car, but you need to do your sums. The total cost of ownership per km might not be that high at all if you buy a car with very low depreciation and a very low variable km cost

Yes it's insane for a supermini. Now I'd say you can get a very substantial discount off that price though if you're a cash buyer.

True on that cash part but its not something I have much of, im buying a 2nd house now in a rural area and honestly 0% finance on a 20k 50kWh Zoe looked a good deal

Think 20k or so is a fair price for a Zoe type car which is Clio, Polo category, I'll have to wait a few more years for that price?

frozen3 wrote: »
    True on that cash part but its not something I have much of, im buying a 2nd house now in a rural area and honestly 0% finance on a 20k 50kWh Zoe looked a good deal

People are taken for a ride with the 0% finance and other deals. You save yourself 2.5 grand in interest, yet you pay 5 grand more for the car (compared to a cash buyer), so this "deal" costs you thousands!

Car finance is bad, don't do it. If you can't afford a new car, buy a second hand car. A banger if that's all your budget allows. Unless of course you don't mind spending thousands more than you need to and don't mind taking on the risk of another loan in uncertain times. It seems to work for about 80% of car buyers in Ireland, happy days, no worries :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Especially when you consider the Zoe is starting to show it's age. You can get the Corsa-E or E-208 for similar money and they're probably better cars

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

People are taken for a ride with the 0% finance and other deals. You save yourself 2.5 grand in interest, yet you pay 5 grand more for the car (compared to a cash buyer), so this "deal" costs you thousands!

Car finance is bad, don't do it. If you can't afford a new car, buy a second hand car. A banger if that's all your budget allows. Unless of course you don't mind spending thousands more than you need to and don't mind taking on the risk of another loan in uncertain times. It seems to work for about 80% of car buyers in Ireland, happy days, no worries :p

Buying with cash is the ideal scenario but there would be very few cars sold without finance in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,628 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You dont negotiate the finance terms (Cash, HP, PCP ) until you negotiate the price. Same as you dont mention a trade in until you get a negotiated cash price.

Unless you're buying a Tesla, where you click buy now and accept 50% reduction on your trade in

ELM327 wrote: »
    You dont negotiate the finance terms (Cash, HP, PCP ) until you negotiate the price. Same as you dont mention a trade in until you get a negotiated cash price.

Yep, stage negotiation. Very, very few people seem to be aware of this tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Had me curious there when i saw 20k as I like the Zoe

Went onto Renault site and saw the basic model is 27k with no metallic paint, which is insane money

They will give you a 0.0% interest to an up to 20k of the cost of the car, the rest is covered by the buyer either paid cash or trade-in...
    32k for the 135hp GTE 50kWh is way too much, having in mind you could buy a year old 64kwh eSoul for about 33k...

They will give you a 0.0% interest to an up to 20k of the cost of the car, the rest is covered by the buyer either paid cash or trade-in...
    32k for the 135hp GTE 50kWh is way too much, having in mind you could buy a year old 64kwh eSoul for about 33k...

True it is mad

I misread your post and saw Zoe 0% and 20k

Sounded good to me :-)

I guess in 2026 or so a 50kWh/135bhp will be 20k

Nobody likes paying taxes, but we do have our nurses, teachers, guards to pay for...

It's a lot of money to spend on a car, but you need to do your sums. The total cost of ownership per km might not be that high at all if you buy a car with very low depreciation and a very low variable km cost

You're not fooled by that are you ? we're screwed in this country and the big multinationals are getting away with murder, if they taxed them more we'd not be landed with most of the tax.

The Government squander our tax money and a lot of it is going to pay the bank bail out.

50K is 50K no matter how you swing it :D

I'm not even sure if I'd like the M3 + what's the range compared to the 80 something Kwh id.3 or 64 Kwh E-Niro? I think the m3 might be on the low side.

• Advertisement

True it is mad

I misread your post and saw Zoe 0% and 20k

Sounded good to me :-)

I guess in 2026 or so a 50kWh/135bhp will be 20k

I doubt it will still be 50 Kwh by then.

Yep, stage negotiation. Very, very few people seem to be aware of this tactic.

I didn't have to negotiate anything on the i3, it was an absolute killer deal.....:D

It's very hard to haggle with country dealers, I've often asked for a discount for cash and very few will knock more than a few hundred off.

You do have to weigh up the cash price discount if any against whether you actually have the cash or get another loan somewhere else the interest might make the cost the same anyway.

+ dealers are getting the money for the car whether you have cash or HP or whatever so there's no real incentive for them to give you money off when they get it from the finance company anyway.

I'm not even sure if I'd like the M3 + what's the range compared to the 80 something Kwh id.3 or 64 Kwh E-Niro? I think the m3 might be on the low side.

No idea what the range is, but fact is that Ioniq and Model 3 are the most efficient EVs ever, by a long shot. So they will go further per kWh available than any other EV.

And because they are both very aerodynamic, this effect is even stronger at motorway speeds (these are barely represented in official consumption / range figures like WLTP / EPA) compared to less aerodynamic cars like most other EVs, including the ID.3 and eNiro you mention...

No idea what the range is, but fact is that Ioniq and Model 3 are the most efficient EVs ever, by a long shot. So they will go further per kWh available than any other EV.

And because they are both very aerodynamic, this effect is even stronger at motorway speeds (these are barely represented in official consumption / range figures like WLTP / EPA) compared to less aerodynamic cars like most other EVs, including the ID.3 and eNiro you mention...

Time to find out, lets see if we can get some figures for the m3 SR+ and id.3 Long range vs E-Niro Long range.

Do a test at 160km/h and I'd say the EV with the smallest battery will go the furthest :D

Don't buy that 4 seater ID.3 whatever you do. It will depreciate like a brick.

I doubt it will still be 50 Kwh by then.

I can't see them increasing Fiesta sized cars too much, would be too heavy, even if batteries get much cheaper with the removal of cobalt and nickel

60kWh useable would be a sweet spot for them, 80kWh Focus, 100kWh Mondeo, 120kWh+ then for your Galaxy 7 seaters and big SUVs.

Do a test at 160km/h and I'd say the EV with the smallest battery will go the furthest :D

Don't buy that 4 seater ID.3 whatever you do. It will depreciate like a brick.

150km?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Time to find out, lets see if we can get some figures for the m3 SR+ and id.3 Long range vs E-Niro Long range.

Was there a lovely blue M3 for sale a few days ago for circa €40k, Mad_Lad?

• Advertisement

Was there a lovely blue M3 for sale a few days ago for circa €40k, Mad_Lad?

There was but the interest was something crazy like 8.5%. You won't get a much cheaper bank loan they're robbing b1stards.

Not sure what the deposit was.

VW of course can offer a lot less because they have their own bank. The banks are taking the p1ss.

I'd be nervous buying an older M3, the quality on some models is supposed to be ****, the bodywork, paint etc. newer ones are better I think.

It amazes me that I never see 2nd hand m3 on the Tesla site.

Advertisement