Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what Mad_Lad got this time?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Soarer wrote: »
    What is "Tesco Value" about the battery chemistry in the Leaf?

Implying it's inferior to LG, Samsung etc like a value brand compared to them eg Coca Cola vs Tesco Cola

This is a good laugh :pac:

Degradation stories on Leaf

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25773&start=340

Even the 40kWh is entertaining, owners losing 8% SOH in a year of ownership with 14,000km done

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Implying it's inferior to LG, Samsung etc like a value brand compared to them eg Coca Cola vs Tesco Cola

Even the 40kWh is entertaining, owners losing 8% SOH in a year of ownership with 14,000km done

Careful there you'll get butthurt leaf owners chasing you for that comment (a comment I agree with btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mike9832 wrote: »

I understand the premise.

But explain why the chemistry is so bad.

Is the 40 Kwh looking Kwh already ?

Probably mainly down to the complete lack of cooling and worst of all is that they now allow a hot battery to charge faster to eliminate or reduce rapid gate.

I would hope the Chinese make a better battery now that Nissan no longer own AESC. Though I read there with a quick check that the 62 Kwh will also be NESC but not being a Nissan company any more perhaps they will at least add cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

its still chademo so it's limited to 125a for charging (as no >50kW chademo exists in EU), should there fore experience less rapidgate as its slow charging anyway (only 0.8C)

• Advertisement

Below was the battery Kwh reading from 27-11-17 @9,870 Kms and I will post today's reading @66,121 kms.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057812141&page=5

5slw7aa.jpg

Time now also to get front tyres, will be almost 70,000 kms on them.

I will need to do the alignment again, seems to go out of alignment easy enough but to be honest I do thrash it about a lot more than I would have the Leaf, but the Leaf had other issues like uneven tyre wear due to rear axle Nissan in Kilkenny wouldn't admit to and even though there was many instances of this on the internet they still would not acknowledge it.

Unfortunately my choice of tyres is severely limited, looks like it will be back to the EP500's, but they are decent enough and they last a long, long time even with the way I have thrashed it about but I would suggest , if you own an i3 to getting the alignment done at least twice a year if you drive like me and especially on back roads and driving roughly 30,000 Kms a year but get the alignment done at least once a year regardless whether you change tyres or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Got to be happy with 70,000km's from a tyre, especially if you are handy with the right foot. Given the odd size tyre will this be a dealer fit or are sourcing yourself?

Also on a separate note, do you ever get the front window steaming up to the point you have to give it a blast with the demister setting now and again? I will attempt to change my cabin filters at the weekend to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,837 ✭✭✭✭unkel

krissovo wrote: »
    Got to be happy with 70,000km's from a tyre, especially if you are handy with the right foot.

Car is RWD so I would expect 70k km from the fronts too. My own car is FWD and the front tyres are ready to be replaced soon when a bit over 40k km. Rears are only about half worn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Also on a separate note, do you ever get the front window steaming up to the point you have to give it a blast with the demister setting now and again? I will attempt to change my cabin filters at the weekend to see if that helps.

Yes to this but only when there's the four of us in the car. I'd have the air con on all the time when that happens if the wife didn't get cold :-)

• Advertisement

Got to be happy with 70,000km's from a tyre, especially if you are handy with the right foot. Given the odd size tyre will this be a dealer fit or are sourcing yourself?

I'm not handy with the right foot at all for a good amount of the time, I thrash it about a lot.

Yes I get the front window steaming up, usually on damp humid days but I leave it in auto with AC on and it will clear up quick enough, just leave it next time and you should see it clear.

Most cars steam up especially if the AC is not on, Ireland is an extremely humid country, I can't remember the last time the house hydrometer showed below 65% inside at times this Summer it was 75% "inside".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My summer tyres are getting a bit low, I'd say they'll need replaced shortly after they go back on next year.

I'll be swapping to the winters in mid October.

The summers will have done about 30k km by the time I change them.

I was debating whether to get proper winter tyres, I decided against it because it's not common the be driving at below about 5 Deg C and I'd rather use them only in Snow and they don't perform as good above about 7 deg C.

With our Winters it would be best alright to have Summer tyres as normal and put winters on when there's snow forecast and at that any show that falls might last until midday.

There are exceptions of course and those living in hilly areas.

I wouldn't get the benefit of two sets of tyres and rims.

OH I forgot to post the latest battery report, I'll do that after lunch.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

OH I forgot to post the latest battery report, I'll do that after lunch.

More lies! :D

More lies! :D

Crap forgot , I'll post it within 30 mins.

There you go

FRlHl8U.jpg

I swear it was 29.5 a few weeks ago lol.

i3 could very well turn out to have the slowest degrading battery so far in EVs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

How do you find the battery info? its not an option on mine.

EDIT: Sorry quick google using SOH and not SOB helps a lot. I have it now.

• Advertisement

How do you find the battery info? its not an option on mine.

See here

https://bmwi3owner.com/2016/01/secrets/

unkel wrote: »
    i3 could very well turn out to have the slowest degrading battery so far in EVs :)

well we'll see but so far reports are excellent.

if it is the case it's only 200 watt hrs of loss lol, nothing.

What's that in % ? 0.2 or less ? in 2.5 years and 66, 300 odd kms. Pretty amazing really.

It's amazing, but Ioniqs have zero degradation after a couple of years driving!

This stone that I have keeps bears away...

This stone that I have keeps bears away...

Have you got a way to test ?

Send screen shot I'd be interested to see.

No they don't :p

Don't believe everything the car tells you!

No they don't :p

Don't believe everything the car tells you!

That's my point re. the i3.

We won't know until a few years from now, but my money is on the i3 battery having the lowest degradation of them all (excluding cars not sold in this country yet)

We won't know until a few years from now, but my money is on the i3 battery having the lowest degradation of them all (excluding cars not sold in this country yet)

I agree.

But I doubt it'll be as low 0.1kWh every 30k km per year.

Agreed. A very good result would be 90% capacity left after 10 years and 150k km

• Advertisement

Agreed. A very good result would be 90% capacity left after 10 years and 150k km

Hmm, I'd have 310,000 ish Kms if I kept it 10 years lol.

But, the beauty of the Rex is that it's there to compensate for any capacity loss.

Advertisement