Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PTH2009 wrote: »

I bought tuesday tickets before the fri/sat were announced :(:(:(

If anything Friday and Saturday were the first to be announced.
    There is no way I wouldn't have signed up for Monday or Tuesday on the chance there was going to be weekend shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Afaik all announced together. Still looking for 1 ga for tonight. Might let daughter go in my place. A father's love and all that. I'll keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blinkwink

First ever u2 concert tonight and I just can’t wait for what they have in store! Would be great to hear some of the Joshua Tree but it is what it is.

Also am hoping for The Little Things.

blinkwink wrote: »
    First ever u2 concert tonight and I just can’t wait for what they have in store! Would be great to hear some of the Joshua Tree but it is what it is.

Also am hoping for The Little Things.

Don't think you're going to get it. Just chancing my arm but does anyone have a spare ga ticket. Could meet you there tonight. I presume not but worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

No

What do I need to do?

• Advertisement

Just got the ga ticket online . Happy days. Enjoy the gig everyone. For anyone who hasn't been yet you're in for a treat

Last night was fantastic. I loved all the Achtung & Zooropa stuff.... especially Dirty Day, that was a treat.

The Church after was a super way to round of the night, a second concert really and the Zooropa boys were very good. Would highly recommend it for anyone going tonight. I think we left about 2 and the band were still on.

Someone said earlier about the Church just serving in plastics...... A bit ****ty really paying top dollar in a pub and you just get plastics. Having said that though, I was OK cause I brought my own glass from the concert.

So here is something trivial.

Rewind a year, in Twickenham all booze was served in a special reusable plastic tour glass. You had to buy it, no choice. £2. But you got a clean one every time you went for a refill. At the end of the night, you could get your £2 back or just bring it home. I reckon most brought it home but I did see a few entrepreneurs gathering loose ones up and cashing in. In fairness though, there was little to no rubbish left around the pitch. A few weeks later in Croke Park. No glasses this time and a sh1t load of crappy plastic glasses left to clean up....... Typical Ireland I remember thinking.

So last night, get in to the point and I see they have the tour glasses. Excellent. €3. Grand. Girl there giving it speil about saving the planet and all. Fair enough in my book. So I go to the bar get 2 drinks and I'm handed ****ty disposable plastic? So unlike Twickenham.... It's optional here..... OK so I tell barmaid I'll get one and she just pours my pint into it. Next time round (different bar) I hand my glass back up and I get looked at as if I have 2 heads.... I can't serve you in that she says. I would have expected a clean on TBH. But oh no, they have to pull the pint into a ****ty plastic disposable, then tip that into your reusable glass. WTF? And they go on about how great they are to save the planet, but at the end of the day, not 1 single ****ty plastic disposable in saved..... Logic? Irish logic........ Daft.

Anyway, I won't be drinking to much tonight, so I'll leave it at home and just use crap plastic:)

Can't wait for later

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Got ga tickets up to 1 hour to go last night , so don't give in.

I'd imagine tonight will be harder .

It genuinely feels the end of something , most fans saying same thing.

Gig is unreal but very deflated end.

I think something deeper in it , there is a light , don't let it go out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

OU812 wrote: »
    When you look at the technology advances now, it’s such a shame the ZooTV era wasn’t now. Sadly tberell never be a 4K/8k version released as it was recorded on SD equipment. Ironically they can do a HD version of Rattle & Hum as it was shot on film.

I missed out on the Joshua tree tour which pissed me off because it’s the big one, but getting to see achtung baby/zootv made up for it.

Thought the screen was under used, another behind the (lesser used) main stage would have been a great effect.

Did you get to either the Vertigo or 360 tours? IMO the epic use of LED technology at both more than makes up for the lack of a HD Zoo recording. Granted though I was 2 years old during the Zoo tour and as such I've only seen it on DVD, so maybe I'm being unfair in ranking Vertigo and 360 as greater technological / visual heights to have reached?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Did anybody get asked to produce photo ID for any of the gigs? I bought a ticket from someone and obviously won't have their ID. will this be a problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Did you get to either the Vertigo or 360 tours? IMO the epic use of LED technology at both more than makes up for the lack of a HD Zoo recording. Granted though I was 2 years old during the Zoo tour and as such I've only seen it on DVD, so maybe I'm being unfair in ranking Vertigo and 360 as greater technological / visual heights to have reached?

I did see both, 360 was the last gig I was at before this one due to not being able to get tickets.

The technology was great, but ZooTV was an absolute spectacle. In the opening Bono says “You didn’t come all the way out here to watch television, no, did you?”

And the answer was “yes, I did”. With bigger screens it would have been incredible.

TBH. I don’t rate the last three albums at all bar a couple of songs across them. They’re kind of like the Rolling Stones now, the best stuff is behind them and is what (most) people want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

Folks, still a few standing tickets dropping. Just keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

On the tm website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

GA tickets still available

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

Greg81 wrote: »
    GA tickets still available

Where are they available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Where are they available?

Ticketmaster.

Just try F5 to reload the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

Greg81 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster.

Just try F5 to reload the page.

No luck but thanks anyway; wishful thinking! Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

OU812 wrote: »
    TBH. I don’t rate the last three albums at all bar a couple of songs across them. They’re kind of like the Rolling Stones now, the best stuff is behind them and is what (most) people want to hear.

I'd agree. A few songs on this album are stormers. But a few songs in the gig from the album are not so special, and then there a few others that should be put out to pasture. Then they do something like wild horses, acrobat or dirty day and you think they have loads left to explore/reexplore and drop beautiful day or elevation/vertigo for a bit, it would feel fresh after 3 seperate tours in 3 years.

I still have that intro to pride ringing in my ears days afterwards. It might have been a bit curtailed in Dublin as they didn't have very far to go to take up their positions.

Nothing wrong with the 75 year old rolling stones still playing their 60s and 70s hits either. Their gig in croke park was gig of the year for me overall, just ahead of this u2 run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Looks as if all the cool merchandise is gone, by the way tickets still available on the website,although there at the €200 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

What entrance is standing bloody deleted the text, bout to head down from hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

boyznoise wrote: »
    What entrance is standing bloody deleted the text, bout to head down from hotel

There’s 3 entrances for GA,when I got off the Luas there just on the right

Tickets still available folks. GA and seats

• Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

Seve OB wrote: »
    Tickets still available folks. GA and seats

That's a real piss off as I could have got GA Tickets at 7pm nut not much use when you are 2 hours from Dublin. They really piss about fans don't they. Was trying regularly all week but none popped up at any stage. Just there had choice of GA and around 10 seated tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

That's a real piss off as I could have got GA Tickets at 7pm nut not much use when you are 2 hours from Dublin. They really piss about fans don't they. Was trying regularly all week but none popped up at any stage. Just there had choice of GA and around 10 seated tickets.

Just checked, tickets at 81€ still available right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Seve OB wrote: »
    Last night was fantastic. I loved all the Achtung & Zooropa stuff.... especially Dirty Day, that was a treat.

The Church after was a super way to round of the night, a second concert really and the Zooropa boys were very good. Would highly recommend it for anyone going tonight. I think we left about 2 and the band were still on.

Someone said earlier about the Church just serving in plastics...... A bit ****ty really paying top dollar in a pub and you just get plastics. Having said that though, I was OK cause I brought my own glass from the concert.

So here is something trivial.

Rewind a year, in Twickenham all booze was served in a special reusable plastic tour glass. You had to buy it, no choice. £2. But you got a clean one every time you went for a refill. At the end of the night, you could get your £2 back or just bring it home. I reckon most brought it home but I did see a few entrepreneurs gathering loose ones up and cashing in. In fairness though, there was little to no rubbish left around the pitch. A few weeks later in Croke Park. No glasses this time and a sh1t load of crappy plastic glasses left to clean up....... Typical Ireland I remember thinking.

So last night, get in to the point and I see they have the tour glasses. Excellent. €3. Grand. Girl there giving it speil about saving the planet and all. Fair enough in my book. So I go to the bar get 2 drinks and I'm handed ****ty disposable plastic? So unlike Twickenham.... It's optional here..... OK so I tell barmaid I'll get one and she just pours my pint into it. Next time round (different bar) I hand my glass back up and I get looked at as if I have 2 heads.... I can't serve you in that she says. I would have expected a clean on TBH. But oh no, they have to pull the pint into a ****ty plastic disposable, then tip that into your reusable glass. WTF? And they go on about how great they are to save the planet, but at the end of the day, not 1 single ****ty plastic disposable in saved..... Logic? Irish logic........ Daft.

Anyway, I won't be drinking to much tonight, so I'll leave it at home and just use crap plastic:)

Can't wait for later

Aw I wanted to get one but didn’t see them on Monday night. Were they on a separate stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

That was special.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blinkwink

Concert was fantastic. No real surprises except Landlady. One blew me away. Very very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sad to think this might be the last time u2 could play in Ireland

Prob not the case but there have been rumours of this being the last tour

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭weadick

Thought it was a bit dissapointing tonight. I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two tours,but then I never think Dublin shows live up to the hype.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

After last night's unbelievable gig, was reading your post,

Thank you thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thanks to you, i got 2 tickets at 17.30 then texted my brother who camped out for our 05 croker tickets..

Texted him, what are you at, **** all why? Want to go to u2 tonight? ****in sure!

Advertisement