Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Peatys wrote: »
    After last night's unbelievable gig, was reading your post,

Thank you thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thanks to you, i got 2 tickets at 17.30 then texted my brother who camped out for our 05 croker tickets..

Texted him, what are you at, **** all why? Want to go to u2 tonight? ****in sure!

Thats why this board is brilliant during U2 season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Memories are made of this

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Looks like it will be a while before we all need to chat & help each other out again but unless something catestrophic happens or Larry’s acting career takes off I think we will see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sad to think this might be the last time u2 could play in Ireland

Prob not the case but there have been rumours of this being the last tour
    After tonight's rendition of Beautiful Day, Bono said something like, 'very sad day'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

After tonight's rendition of Beautiful Day, Bono said something like, 'very sad day'

I think that was in relation to the California fires though.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    I think that was in relation to the California fires though.

Edge had house there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sad to think this might be the last time u2 could play in Ireland

Prob not the case but there have been rumours of this being the last tour

Well Bono said tonight that it was the last time they will play in their hometown for what could be a very long time.

I for One;) do think we will see them again.

Edit.... Re the above posts about Bono saying it was a sad day...... Wasn't that to do with what I just said about the last shot for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Very good gig but little bit too much politics for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭dasdog

Probably get crucified for saying it but I thought they were boring ask fvck. Laboured songs.

So for those who were there last night... Bono teased us with a bit of the Miracle as he walked off. Tonight he flat out took the piss, a total Mickey tease.... Went on for ages. Stopped..... Then started again. Really though for a while that they were going to go for one more tune

• Advertisement

dasdog wrote: »
    Probably get crucified for saying it but I thought they were boring ask fvck. Laboured songs.

I thought it was epic.

Better tonight than last night.

Noticed though this tour seems to utilize the big screen a bit less than I&E...maybe just me. Tonight though there was no big screen for beautiful day.... But it was last night... Same for another song I think, just can't remember which one

Seve OB wrote: »
    I thought it was epic.

Better tonight than last night.

Noticed though this tour seems to utilize the big screen a bit less than I&E...maybe just me. Tonight though there was no big screen for beautiful day.... But it was last night... Same for another song I think, just can't remember which one

There is no talk of follow up album so I say we might be 3-5 years again away from it. Ali did say she hopes they will continue to tour long term. Time will tell we all change and our priorities change.

My 9 year old just told me that she knew concerts would be good, but that was on a different level. Super amazing she tells me. Wants to go again.... Right now. What a first gig, a night for the memorybank, that's for sure

And even though we had cheap seats (though I can't really consider 90 bucks cheap) , Block D but close to front of block at edge so could see a decent bit, she reckons had the best seats in the house.

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    There is no talk of follow up album so I say we might be 3-5 years again away from it. Ali did say she hopes they will continue to tour long term. Time will tell we all change and our priorities change.

She just wants him out of the house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

dasdog wrote: »

My fiancé thinks the same.

I havw already memtioned too much politics but also add that thought they will finish with Red Flag Day

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

After last night's unbelievable gig, was reading your post,

Thank you thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thanks to you, i got 2 tickets at 17.30 then texted my brother who camped out for our 05 croker tickets..

Texted him, what are you at, **** all why? Want to go to u2 tonight? ****in sure!
    I have got to see the last 3 tours solely due to the people on this site. Just returning the favour.

She just wants him out of the house :D

A lot of truth in that.

Bono referenced sons & parents in law tonight. I would have thought that daughters would be there if last gig unless everyone attends Berlin. I just got the feeling they were enjoying the hometown gigs.

I think we all should be at the official wrap party tonight as well ........ we deserve it at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

My 9 year old just told me that she knew concerts would be good, but that was on a different level. Super amazing she tells me. Wants to go again.... Right now. What a first gig, a night for the memorybank, that's for sure

And even though we had cheap seats (though I can't really consider 90 bucks cheap) , Block D but close to front of block at edge so could see a decent bit, she reckons had the best seats in the house.

Just think of the favour you did your 9 year old! My Mam brought me to Joshua tree 87 in Crocker when I was 12. Still remember it and still going to u2 31 years later. Still love them as I did then! Very sorry not to be there tonight but 3/4 Dublin shows ain't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Enjoyed the gig, a lot of idiots blocked being annoying in GA

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭weadick

boyznoise wrote: »
    Enjoyed the gig, a lot of idiots blocked being annoying in GA

Some were so drunk I don't know how they actually got in. Middle aged men and woman hopping and lepping around like a bunch of idiots. Seating for me in future, whenever that is.

I love 90's U2 but I definitely think the JT songs were missed. No song from Pop either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

'we're not going to be playing again in Dublin for a long, long time' Bono said on stage.

It was a great gig and I wouldn't take things for granted, like another tour or album.

Too much politics? you realise you were at a U2 gig? It was standard, if not as much political stuff than
    any other gig I've been to.

'The Miracle...' isn't a tease. It's hardly a closer. It's the first track on innocence, thereby, the last gigs he is chanting it at the end as they are closing the circle on the I and E part of their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Great night again tonight...

Sad it could possibly be it but, grateful I've had their music in my life and the amazing times I've seen them live

Guy on Luas back 'yeah I though they would have played, what that one -'where the streets have no name, and 'bloody sunday'.

Elevation and Vertigo are huge with the ****ing boozy fans but they are dog**** songs compared to what they have in their catalogue.

'we're not going to be playing again in Dublin for a long, long time' Bono said on stage.

It was a great gig and I wouldn't take things for granted, like another tour or album.

Too much politics? you realise you were at a U2 gig? It was standard, if not as much political stuff than
    any other gig I've been to.

'The Miracle...' isn't a tease. It's hardly a closer. It's the first track on innocence, thereby, the last gigs he is chanting it at the end as they are closing the circle on the I and E part of their career.

The idea I got from The Miracle at the end was that, it's a song written based on why they wanted to start playing music and why they formed a band.

The closing song, theatrically, is of Bono going home... And he's humming The Miracle, which in my mind says, he won't be home for long.

Reading wayyyyyy too much into it obviously and it's not what it means but, would have been nice ha

yeah but why is he doing it though? There would be no reason. They've come full circle and I'd say now it's if they're arsed doing anything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

It was a fun gig and I enjoyed the setlist, especially them ditching the awful ‘ABOY’ for the anthemic ‘Gloria’.

My main issue was the GA crowd around me spoiled the night. Too many phones/camera aloft by people around me continuously.

A woman in front of me said she had seen them on Tuesday and on a few other dates, yet she decided to basically record the entire show and even FaceTimed a pal.

yeah but why is he doing it though? There would be no reason. They've come full circle and I'd say now it's if they're arsed doing anything again.

Well, I can't answer why he's doing it, I can only give you what was my view on it, which I gave already.

They might not do anything ever again. Who knows?! I don't!

Well, they have a charity single out next year. A cover of a T-Rex song I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keith06

Great gig tonight, the setlist was brilliant and getting landlady was a nice little bonus. My only negative definitely doesn't come from the show/band, Idiots standing in the aisles blocking others watching. I get standing up during songs but moving away from your seat onto the aisle so u can have a better view to me is disrespectful to everyone else behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Elevation and Vertigo are huge with the ****ing boozy fans but they are dog**** songs compared to what they have in their catalogue.

Preach. They released some awful muck this millennium. I'd love if they did some kind of a deep cuts tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

bclar12 wrote: »
    The idea I got from The Miracle at the end was that, it's a song written based on why they wanted to start playing music and why they formed a band.

The closing song, theatrically, is of Bono going home... And he's humming The Miracle, which in my mind says, he won't be home for long.

Reading wayyyyyy too much into it obviously and it's not what it means but, would have been nice ha
    Exactly . They have gotten back to the start of their innocence as a band. Bono has constantly said the whole conceptof this tour was for the 4 of them to to regain their innocence from their experience.

Advertisement