Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Free Girt Arrived eventually today 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Dunno if this has been posted before and hopefully it works here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Best place too position oneself when going GA Standing? Going tomorrow night.

I'd say aim for the middle of the screen, but hold back enough to ensure you have a decent view of it when it's raised a few metres above it's starting position. You'll have a decent view of the main stage from there too, but the walkway and mini stage is where I'd focus on

Oh... for a lot of the walkway stuff they face the river end, for the mini stage they gave the luas end more. I think both are pretty equal

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

I'd say aim for the middle of the screen, but hold back enough to ensure you have a decent view of it when it's raised a few metres above it's starting position. You'll have a decent view of the main stage from there too, but the walkway and mini stage is where I'd focus on

Oh... for a lot of the walkway stuff they face the river end, for the mini stage they gave the luas end more. I think both are pretty equal

What time do you need to be there to get the good GA spot secured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭tritriagain

rathlyon wrote: »
    What time do you need to be there to get the good GA spot secured

We went in at 6:30. But to be honest I'd say if we had gone in at 8 we would maybe have been 4/5 rows back. It was all very civilised. Weekend .might be different of course as prob more drink consumed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

We went in at 6:30. But to be honest I'd say if we had gone in at 8 we would maybe have been 4/5 rows back. It was all very civilised. Weekend .might be different of course as prob more drink consumed.

Yeah, we were running late. Turned up at 7:45 and were probably with 5 metres of the ideal position. The stage set up means so much more of the floor space is a good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

I wouldn't get overly worried, lads. All spots are good spots really in the GA. In fact, sometimes the further back the better perspective you have of what's going on on the screen.

As previously mentioned, even if you're at the very margins, you're still about as close as you would be around the outside of the pit at Slane or Croker and you'd be delighted at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

The biggest issue with getting to the front is the absolute grind to go to the toilet and back. I stayed off the drink on Tuesday and dehydrated myself so I wouldn't have to give up my spot about half way back from the E-Stage. However on Friday I'd like to have some pints before and then when I get to the venue. Problem with that is I'll be pissing like a tap and from experience (pardon the pun) in 2015, I know how much of a pain it is to get back to where you were standing. Took me about 10 minutes to wrestle through the crowd and find my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

Chivito550 wrote: »
    The biggest issue with getting to the front is the absolute grind to go to the toilet and back. I stayed off the drink on Tuesday and dehydrated myself so I wouldn't have to give up my spot about half way back from the E-Stage. However on Friday I'd like to have some pints before and then when I get to the venue. Problem with that is I'll be pissing like a tap and from experience (pardon the pun) in 2015, I know how much of a pain it is to get back to where you were standing. Took me about 10 minutes to wrestle through the crowd and find my mate.

You’ll have to learn to hold it in

lyoness wrote: »
    You’ll have to learn to hold it in

It's actually impossible. If you've been drinking then it only goes one way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It's actually impossible. If you've been drinking then it only goes one way.

You need to get this

HTB1lc2eNXXXXXc2XFXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭phonypony

U2 missing out on an iNNOCENCE marketing gimmick there, they could stack the merch stands with An Catheter Dubh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Redo91

Loved the show. Thanks to advice on here we didn’t bother going in until 6:30 when the gates opened. Couldn’t believe how close we managed to get considering we didn’t queue. Had an unobstructed view of the stage and close to the walkway/screen so good for when the band were out there. Was brilliant to be so close as we were miles back for the JT tour.

Like the JT show in Croker there was a great spread of nationalities which was great. Only negative was the person stinking the place out for a good 90 mins before the band came out! Clearly the Guinness didn’t agree with them!

Preferred the set list for the JT tour as it obviously had some classics which we missed this time around. Also disappointed they didn’t play “With or Without you” which is one of the my favourites. Also thought the ending was awful the way the band just walked off in pitch dark. People didn’t even get to give them a proper reception.

I agree also that the amount of phones in front of you can take away from the experience although I thought the audience were fairly engaging. Personally I recorded the entirety of “Beautiful Day” as it was favourite song as a kid (focus of the video is only alright as I didn’t want to watch through the phone when I was recording) and I took a good few photos but only during songs I wasn’t a fan of or briefly when any of the lads were right in front of us.

For those going I agree about the positioning others have mentioned for standing. Maybe weekend shows will be busier but turning up at 6:30 was fine for me. Enjoy the show!

As for the gift my JT vinyl finally arrived the other day. Said it was dispatched 3 weeks ago so takes some patience after having to message them constantly for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

I’ve seats in Block L - does that mean I’m not going to see anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spindex

Apologies if it's already covered, Iv paperless tickets for Saturday night, Do I swipe the credit card to get in ? Do I show the card and I'm ticked off a list or what ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

spindex wrote: »
    Apologies if it's already covered, Iv paperless tickets for Saturday night, Do I swipe the credit card to get in ? Do I show the card and I'm ticked off a list or what ?
    Cheers

Card is swiped - doesn't matter if it's out of date / cancelled, in my experience on Monday..

Bring your booking reference also, in case it doesn't scan for any reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Is anyone going windmill Lane tomorrow if so what time is your tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Going tonight, really looking forward to it! Saw the show in Madison Square Garden in July and loved it. Was seated that time so was looking forward to getting a good standing position tonight..... until the gf produced the tickets last night and we are up in the nosebleeds

Does anyone have any experience of being allowed into GA/standing in the Point despite having a seated ticket for the show? Definitely going to chance my arm anyway as am bummed about this, but some expectation tailoring might be a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Going tonight, really looking forward to it! Saw the show in Madison Square Garden in July and loved it. Was seated that time so was looking forward to getting a good standing position tonight..... until the gf produced the tickets last night and we are up in the nosebleeds

Does anyone have any experience of being allowed into GA/standing in the Point despite having a seated ticket for the show? Definitely going to chance my arm anyway as am bummed about this, but some expectation tailoring might be a good idea!
    Zero chance.

And it's all different entrances within the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I sold a seat to a guy in 2015 who without fail, got to GA every time with a seated ticket. It is possible, but I don't know how. Although 3 years is a long time, his plan might be obsolete now!

• Advertisement

Years ago, in 2005 I went to all 3 gigs at Croke Park on the Vertigo Tour. The first night I was sitting way back. It was ok, but nothing special. The Saturday night I was standing and it was the best gig I've ever been at. I was on a high after it, and I didn't have a drop of booze in me! For the Monday night, we couldn't go back to seating. It would be such a let down after Saturday. However all we had were seats.

So once inside the grounds of Croke Park, we decided to have no shame and ask people who had standing tickets could they get us into the standing area. The first few ignored us, but fortunately we found a lad who was sound as a pound. He had 3 tickets on him (for himself and his 2 mates). He left the 2 mates momentarily, and brought the 2 of us in (while he was holding onto the tickets at all times of course). Once we were in, he went back out for his mates. We never saw him again once we were inside, but I'll always be thankful to those guys for doing this for us.

The gig ended up being right up there with Saturday night. They completely shook up the setlist that night and played songs they hadn't played on tour yet up to that point. Gloria, Bad, The Electric Co. They also closed with 40 after Yahweh, which they hadn't done the previous 2 nights, when it finished on Vertigo after Yahweh, so that was an epic surprise.

With the credit card system in place now, it's probably impossible to manage this for this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

TheJet wrote: »
    I’ve seats in Block L - does that mean I’m not going to see anything?

Was in Block L on Monday, you will see plenty. I was sitting dead centre and could see the band down the middle of the screen when it kicks off, and on the second stage. You wont see the 4 members together on the main stage though as the big screen blocks, however with Bono moving around so much you won't miss him. There will be a big screen right in front of you too, so you will see the visuals that are displayed.

For 40 euro for a U2 ticket, I didn't complain its great value for money as I knew what I was getting, the 3 arena isn't that big compared to a restricted view at Croke Park or a larger stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Going tonight and scheduled in to do the tour at 4.30.
    Anyone recommend a pub near Ringsend Road for a few drinks before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭SteM

iggy wrote: »
    Going tonight and scheduled in to do the tour at 4.30.
    Anyone recommend a pub near Ringsend Road for a few drinks before the gig?

Wander over to The Ferryman on Sir John Rogerson's Quay would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Years ago, in 2005 I went to all 3 gigs at Croke Park on the Vertigo Tour. The first night I was sitting way back. It was ok, but nothing special. The Saturday night I was standing and it was the best gig I've ever been at. I was on a high after it, and I didn't have a drop of booze in me! For the Monday night, we couldn't go back to seating. It would be such a let down after Saturday. However all we had were seats.

So once inside the grounds of Croke Park, we decided to have no shame and ask people who had standing tickets could they get us into the standing area. The first few ignored us, but fortunately we found a lad who was sound as a pound. He had 3 tickets on him (for himself and his 2 mates). He left the 2 mates momentarily, and brought the 2 of us in (while he was holding onto the tickets at all times of course). Once we were in, he went back out for his mates. We never saw him again once we were inside, but I'll always be thankful to those guys for doing this for us.

The gig ended up being right up there with Saturday night. They completely shook up the setlist that night and played songs they hadn't played on tour yet up to that point. Gloria, Bad, The Electric Co. They also closed with 40 after Yahweh, which they hadn't done the previous 2 nights, when it finished on Vertigo after Yahweh, so that was an epic surprise.

With the credit card system in place now, it's probably impossible to manage this for this tour.

Was at those 3 gigs too. The Monday gig was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Was at those 3 gigs too. The Monday gig was amazing.

That version of Bad on the Monday was incredible. One of the best ever maybe?

Bono's voice was stunning

I remember that Monday night! Did all 3 gigs that time too

I sold a seat to a guy in 2015 who without fail, got to GA every time with a seated ticket. It is possible, but I don't know how. Although 3 years is a long time, his plan might be obsolete now!

Sorry hopefully not being too pc but if everyone had that plan it would be fire risk etc GA has a capacity for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I paid a worker a score at noel gallagher to let me into the lift that goes down to standing. Worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

bclar12 wrote: »
    That version of Bad on the Monday was incredible. One of the best ever maybe?

Bono's voice was stunning

One song i'd never get tired of seeing Live. That and Streets.

Advertisement