Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    10:35 -10:45

Thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hope ur all having a blast there tonight and 2morrow night too

I bought tuesday tickets before the fri/sat were announced :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Hoping Landlady will make it tomorrow night .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Is Edge stressing about Malibu home tonight? Wildfires are horrific there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Church bar is going good, the place is filling up already. A new tribute is playing tonight called zooropa. Sound checks are very promising!

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »
    Church bar is going good, the place is filling up already. A new tribute is playing tonight called zooropa. Sound checks are very promising!

Arrived too late last Tuesday pre gig for the tribute band but enjoyed the pics around the place. Didnt think much of the overseas fans there and the drink prices but it's a great venue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Arrived too late last Tuesday pre gig for the tribute band but enjoyed the pics around the place. Didnt think much of the overseas fans there and the drink prices but it's a great venue

What does that even mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Just home.

Lads were in full flow. Have to say it's the most humble/grass roots I've heard the lads.. vat 2001 obv..

Great to see them in full on..

What does that even mean?

The fans I saw there were pretty rude and not that friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭emo72

Twas a good gig. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Only down side here in the church is plastic glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

That was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

What a night what a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Unbelievable. Band absolutely on top form tonight, dare I say even more so than on Monday night? I have to say, the adjustments they've made to the setlist for their Irish shows compared with the setlists I've seen from earlier in the tour are absolutely bang on. Couldn't have been a better companion to the Innocence tour if you look at the setlists one after the other IMO.

My only gripe tonight was Bono teasing us all by singing the opening notes to Miracle of Joey Ramone after 13, getting the whole crowd to sing along, and then saying goodnight and fecking off without actually singing the rest of the song :D:D:D

Unbelievable. Band absolutely on top form tonight, dare I say even more so than on Monday night? I have to say, the adjustments they've made to the setlist for their Irish shows compared with the setlists I've seen from earlier in the tour are absolutely bang on. Couldn't have been a better companion to the Innocence tour if you look at the setlists one after the other IMO.

My only gripe tonight was Bono teasing us all by singing the opening notes to Miracle of Joey Ramone after 13, getting the whole crowd to sing along, and then saying goodnight and fecking off without actually singing the rest of the song :D:D:D

Probably reading far too much into it but, I took that as a sign that it's not over for the band....Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The fans I saw there were pretty rude and not that friendly

Just home from there. Got chatting to a very nice woman from the USA who has been to U2 gigs since 1987 when she was just 12 years old. Lots of fascinating stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The gigs since Paris really do p*ss all over the US/early Euro tour to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Wow. Just f###ing wow. What a concert. Was there Tues night which was great but last night was epic. Had my 14 year old daughter in on ga tickets and she was blown away. Heading tonight again with the wife. Anyone who has ever seen U2 live should feel privileged. Epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

bclar12 wrote: »
    Probably reading far too much into it but, I took that as a sign that it's not over for the band....Yet

Yep. We got this on Tuesday and I thought the same thing. Also, a nice bookend for the whole i+E/e+I enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Wooderson wrote: »
    Yep. We got this on Tuesday and I thought the same thing. Also, a nice bookend for the whole i+E/e+I enterprise.

I guess it helps to have the crowd singing The Miracle chant. Instead of the stunned silence that ended the shows previously. Bono previously just walked off without saying a word and audiences seemed a little confused.

Hopefully tonight the exiting singalong is "how long to sing their song!“

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Just on the train home now. My seat wasn't great; sitting a few rows from the back but I was fairly central so I had a good view of the stage.
    I enjoyed the opening montage of Zooropa/Charlie Chaplin which then launched into Zoo Station. It brought back great memories of the information overload theme of the Zoo TV tour which I saw in the RDS in 1993.
    Bono's voice has disimproved a bit but it's been a long tour and he's no spring chicken anymore.

Crowd were amazing last night!

The encore still isn't great but, is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Tickets still intermittently dropping on both the website and app for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭dasdog

lukin wrote: »
    ...which then launched into Zoo Station. It brought back great memories of the information overload theme of the Zoo TV tour which I saw in the RDS in 1993.

I'm not a huge fan but I got a drop ticket for tonight when I found out they were playing an Achtung Baby set. That was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I guess it helps to have the crowd singing The Miracle chant. Instead of the stunned silence that ended the shows previously. Bono previously just walked off without saying a word and audiences seemed a little confused.

Hopefully tonight the exiting singalong is "how long to sing their song!“

We can try make it happen at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

When you look at the technology advances now, it’s such a shame the ZooTV era wasn’t now. Sadly tberell never be a 4K/8k version released as it was recorded on SD equipment. Ironically they can do a HD version of Rattle & Hum as it was shot on film.

I missed out on the Joshua tree tour which pissed me off because it’s the big one, but getting to see achtung baby/zootv made up for it.

Thought the screen was under used, another behind the (lesser used) main stage would have been a great effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

So I have a new credit card but same number. No problems getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Deisler wrote: »
    So I have a new credit card but same number. No problems getting in?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Will there be another ticket drop for standing. Need to get one more for daughter. She'd hooked after last night

• Advertisement

Will there be another ticket drop for standing. Need to get one more for daughter. She'd hooked after last night

Should be now yeah

Advertisement