Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to America for a UFC Event - Advice, Tips, Costs etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Has anyone seen any info regarding the press Conf tomorrow? First access to fight club members I hope/assume?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Doors open 4pm
    VIP check in from 4:15 - 4:45
    Weigh-in starts 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

many irish visable yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looks like fighters staying mgm park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Doors open 4pm
    VIP check in from 4:15 - 4:45
    Weigh-in starts 5pm

Anyone ever attended presser before? Would you want to be queuing a good bit in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

No need to queue really, there usually is a massive queue but you could easily stroll in 10 mins before it starts and avoid all that. Unless your particular about where you want to sit, which doesn't really matter. the seats up close are reserved for media etc.

Girl on check in at airport said a lot going to vegas this morning had no fight tickets.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Girl on check in at airport said a lot going to vegas this morning had no fight tickets.
    The person I spoke to checking into the hotel said the same. Fair few irish around already but Vegas is fairly quiet, maybe its just cos its a Wednesday.

Any word on official times for the door etc for the presser tomorrow? Fairly wrecked now after the day of travel but gonna be up early tomorrow and make a day of it

Think it was 2pm doors its on one of the threads here. Im going to just miss it.

Hope the person who missed their flight on Norweigan this morning doesnt have a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

No need to queue really, there usually is a massive queue but you could easily stroll in 10 mins before it starts and avoid all that. Unless your particular about where you want to sit, which doesn't really matter. the seats up close are reserved for media etc.

I showed up 5 minutes late to the UFC 100 weigh in and wasn't allowed in. Fight Club member or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Reports on Twitter of loads of lads at the airport not being allowed on their flight this morning by US immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Reports on Twitter of loads of lads at the airport not being allowed on their flight this morning by US immigration.

Good. The lads were probably all decked out in their finest tracksuits, tricolors and singing away with a belly full of booze by 11am. I had to sit through hours of insufferable ***** when I went over for the Aldo fight.

I remember reports of flights being turned around and fights on board before take off previously. I'd feel sorry for any genuine respectable fan who got caught up in this but zero sympathy towards the other scrotes.

Whelo79 wrote: »

Good. The lads were probably all decked out in their finest tracksuits, tricolors and singing away with a belly full of booze by 11am. I had to sit through hours of insufferable ***** when I went over for the Aldo fight.

I remember reports of flights being turned around and fights on board before take off previously. I'd feel sorry for any genuine respectable fan who got caught up in this but zero sympathy towards the other scrotes.

The lad I saw tweeting about it insisted that he was kosher but some of the other lads had "past convictions"

Actually lads something I posted in the main CMG thread which may be of some use. We landed in immigration yesterday in Vegas and the que was already insane - if you already have your esta form done, there's a self service on the right hand side where you just scan your passport and I was genuinely through in about five mins. Met a guy from our flight earlier in the day later on in the mgm who said they were 2.5hrs getting through immigration.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You need to have your ESTA done to leave Dublin/London anyways..if you dont have it they will make you go do it there and then online.

Axwell wrote: »
    You need to have your ESTA done to leave Dublin/London anyways..if you dont have it they will make you go do it there and then online.
    Yeah I always thought that myself but it was a strange moment, one of the staff at the airport came upto me and asked if I had my esta completed (which I thought went without saying) and he almost whispered that there was a self service terminal for people who've already had their esta approved. I thought everyone getting off the flight would already have their esta approved, and maybe they did tbf. Now for all I know the self service could have gotten much busier when people saw us breezing through it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well not every country can apply for an ESTA so it was maybe they meant if you have an ESTA you can self service as its matched to your passport and can be read electronically. Someone who cant get an ESTA has to go through customs, they cant do it electronically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

dulux99 wrote: »
    Actually lads something I posted in the main CMG thread which may be of some use. We landed in immigration yesterday in Vegas and the que was already insane - if you already have your esta form done, there's a self service on the right hand side where you just scan your passport and I was genuinely through in about five mins. Met a guy from our flight earlier in the day later on in the mgm who said they were 2.5hrs getting through immigration.
    Ah sorry, man. I guess I was just lucky last time I visited (VERY lucky, by the sounds of it).

Tickets for sale on my flight earlier. Mates refused entey of the guys selling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Tickets for sale on my flight earlier. Mates refused entey of the guys selling

Any idea why they were refused?

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »

The mate selling didnt hide why but that shouldn't be said on public forums. Not massive offences

xtal191 wrote: »

The mate selling didnt hide why but that shouldn't be said on public forums. Not massive offences

Were they honest on the ESTA application? If you lie and are caught they'll tell you to **** off every time.

Trying to enter the US with a conviction on your record is a risky game

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Funny McGregor mentioned this at the presser. Might have been some of his family

6am mgm poker tables im in heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

6am mgm poker tables im in heaven

You'll lose a fortune. No way you can concentrate on Poker when you know official weigh ins are a couple of hours away!

Ok so far however nearly time for breakfast

Christ it was some sh*tshow trying to get into the press conference yesterday. They really underestimated the amount of people that showed up

What times are for today?

Ryan Laflare would want to negotiate a better room is a few doors down from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

What times are for today?

open to correction but Ceremonial Weigh-ins 1am IST

Advertisement