Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to America for a UFC Event - Advice, Tips, Costs etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Aren’t those face offs for media only in the fighters hotel?

According to the UFC’s 229 schedule, Conor and Khabib will take part in another press conference in Las Vegas next Thursday. This time, it will be open to the public. - Ariel Helwani

My bad, should be a good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

According to MMAFighting.com (Facebook page) ...

“Next Thursday, the #UFC229 Press Conference will be open to the public at 3 pm, at the Park Theater (2 pm doors). “

https://www.facebook.com/6176684478/posts/10156839030384479/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Gonna eat and drink a lot. Going to cirque show somewhere think its there original vegas show. Would love to go to Le Reve again its amazing however having seen it tickets pricey for a 2nd visit.

LV fight shop, zip wire maybe, freemont and take it from there maybe shooting again or zombies, stratosphere etc all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

It's the Derek Warfield version of the Wolfe Tones, ie 1/4 of the Wolfe Tones.

i see people asking on facebook is it the real deal or not and no reply so thought as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Karlakakarlo

Is any one flying with american airlines thursday we stop off in charllote for just under two hours does anyone know if the aiport is big last thing i want to be doing is running to the terminal. The last two times ive been to vegas wore via gatwick and they wore both disasters air lingues wore delayed on the run way so missed the virgin flight had to go up to heathrow and fly seven hours later. Hopfully no hassle as we clear us customs in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Charlotte is tiny, been there twice this year. Very easy to get from one terminal to another on foot. Sometimes you can be lucky and fly out of the same one you land in. First time I was there the gate was about 2 mins way. Last time it was only 20 mins walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Karlakakarlo

Axwell wrote: »
    Charlotte is tiny, been there twice this year. Very easy to get from one terminal to another on foot. Sometimes you can be lucky and fly out of the same one you land in. First time I was there the gate was about 2 mins way. Last time it was only 20 mins walk.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

F*ck it anyway, reports that Sean OMalley is out injured. Annoyed about that. Was really looking forward to seeing him live.

Dont see anything on twitter whats the source?

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Dont see anything on twitter whats the source?

A lad posted it in the general mma thread. You're right though I've not seen anything substantial. Hopefully it's nothing.

• Advertisement

Conor and Khabib on ariel mma show tomorrow eve

dulux99 wrote: »
    F*ck it anyway, reports that Sean OMalley is out injured. Annoyed about that. Was really looking forward to seeing him live.

He’s failed a drugs test :(

Sean O'Malley says he's out of UFC 229 fight vs. Quinonez due to USADA violation https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/sean-omalley-out-ufc-229-vs-jose-quinonez-usada-violation/

Caffeine pills argh, that would have been a great one to watch too.

Anyone going to watch City match Sunday morning? If so where?

if flying dublin to london and then direct to vegas - where do you enter us border patrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

sc86 wrote: »
    if flying dublin to london and then direct to vegas - where do you enter us border patrol?

When you arrive in Vegas you'll go through immigration.

so its not done in london?

last time i went dublin to charlet and it was done leaving dublin

so its not done in london?

last time i went dublin to charlet and it was done leaving dublin

Irelands the only country in Europe with pre clearance before you get to America. I'm in the same boat, going to Heathrow first. Its not ideal

Anyone gone through immigration in Vegas itself before?

dulux99 wrote: »
    Anyone gone through immigration in Vegas itself before?

Yes and it was a really easy, hassle-free experience. Went through very quickly (much faster than Dublin).

The flight attendants hand out immigration forms on the flight: get them filled up on-board for quicker processing on the ground.

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Yes and it was a really easy, hassle-free experience. Went through very quickly (much faster than Dublin).

The flight attendants hand out immigration forms on the flight: get them filled up on-board for quicker processing on the ground.

Excellent! Cheers.

• Advertisement

not so bad! im gonabe in a race to make the presser

not so bad! im gonabe in a race to make the presser

When are you flying? If you're going on Wednesday you should have plenty of time, the presser isn't til Thursday afternoon

flying out 11am thur morning from heathrow
    due in vegas 1pm or 1.30 pm

flying out 11am thur morning from heathrow
    due in vegas 1pm or 1.30 pm

Sorry I had it in my head you said you were going Wednesday. Depending where you're staying the killer could be checking in at the hotel. I was a good hour waiting to check in at the MGM one time.

mgm is hit or miss yep!

wilkie2006 wrote: »

Looks to be all sorted now thank f*ck.

Safe travels lads I'm off at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Won't be many Irish over there this time I reckon so who knows might bump into one of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Enjoy lads/ladies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just arrived at the hotel. Let's goooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Petermc83

Cannot wait for this!! v jealous of you guys with the longer trip.
    Unfortunately due to work commitments my trip is short&sweet. Flying Friday 9am, Dub - Newark - Vegas and returning Sunday 1pm.. itll be painful but totally worth it!!!
    might bump into a few of ye over there!

Advertisement