Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say that the Undergrowth stage is going to be rammed tomorrow night with Denis Sulta & Bicep playing in there. If capacity in the tent wasn't an issue I'd argue that they would attract a bigger crowd than Bonobo & Four Tet who will be on the main stage at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'd say that the Undergrowth stage is going to be rammed tomorrow night with Denis Sulta & Bicep playing in there. If capacity in the tent wasn't an issue I'd argue that they would attract a bigger crowd than Bonobo & Four Tet who will be on the main stage at the same time.

100%. Sulta on before Bicep and no break in between. Gonna be lethal:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any reports? While yer waiting for yer pint to be poured at one of the after parties.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Any reports? Did anyone play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ross from friends has cancelled , took a tumble yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Anyone any tips on where's best to park and walk in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Toast

Hows the ground holding up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Could anyone tell me what Booze was on offer.

Is it five lamps lager again? any Ale of any sorts? Gin Bar? Cheers

Could anyone tell me what Booze was on offer.

Is it five lamps lager again? any Ale of any sorts? Gin Bar? Cheers

Seemed limited enough. Five lamps; bulmere and a few "cocktails'. €6 a pint as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Seemed limited enough. Five lamps; bulmere and a few "cocktails'. €6 a pint as well.
    Yeah, it's completely c&c. Dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yeah, it's completely c&c. Dirt.

i have to hope AllTogetherNow isn't the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Ben UFO was excellent fun

Probably Heineken like most camping festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

I was in the Royal Hospital this morning and was able to watch The War of Drugs soundcheck. they sounded great and did a cover of
    Secret Garden by Bruce Springsteen
    . it was amazing, not sure if they include it in any setlists or if its just a warmup tune. Would be great to hear it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Mad jellus of anyone going today.

Would love feedback on Thundercat if anyone catches his set.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,083 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is that the Waterboys playing now???

Sounds remarkably like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Toast

Crazy searches on the way in. The stairs passage from James' is closed off. Gardai searching on the way up. Full bag searches inside. Had a tiny travel hand sanitizer taken off us because it was liquid. Allow plenty of time to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Toast wrote: »
    Crazy searches on the way in. The stairs passage from James' is closed off. Gardai searching on the way up. Full bag searches inside. Had a tiny travel hand sanitizer taken off us because it was liquid. Allow plenty of time to come up.

The War on Drugs in effect

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Lying on my bed with the windows open listening to The War on Drugs, sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dasdog

Warpaint were great and I'm so impressed with how the twenty something youth conduct themselves I gave out to a busker afterwards for only knowing the well known Van Morrison songs. War on Drugs were going through the motions. Can't really blame them for that. Ground looks like its holding up well for Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got horrendous during Denis Sulta - ended up leaving the tent and standing outside, then they took down the sides of the tent.

Same happened last year for Fatima Yamaha - they really need to do some crowd control on the tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dasdog

Got horrendous during Denis Sulta - ended up leaving the tent and standing outside, then they took down the sides of the tent.

Same happened last year for Fatima Yamaha - they really need to do some crowd control on the tents.

I made the fifteen minute stumble to Henman Hill so I didn't see the end. God it was so white middle class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dasdog wrote: »
    God it was so white middle class.

:confused: tickets are on sale to everyone should they want to go.

Wow I was extremely impressed with the War on Drugs!! Absolutely brilliant band and setting to see them with the sun setting behind the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭SW1985

dasdog wrote: »
    I made the fifteen minute stumble to Henman Hill so I didn't see the end. God it was so white middle class.

Sure aren't they as entitled to enjoy a concert as much as anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

White middle class, like most of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

At least that has operation free flow so we can bring in whatever we like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Wow I was extremely impressed with the War on Drugs!! Absolutely brilliant band and setting to see them with the sun setting behind the main stage.
    During their show the thought struck me that I was watching one of the best bands playing together that I had ever seen. And I’ve seen a few in my time. Every song was brilliant and all sounded so individual, no one song sounded like another which is so often the case. Great band playing great music. I would dearly love to see them play indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

who_ru wrote: »
    During their show the thought struck me that I was watching one of the best bands playing together that I had ever seen. And I’ve seen a few in my time. Every song was brilliant and all sounded so individual, no one song sounded like another which is so often the case. Great band playing great music. I would dearly love to see them play indoors.

Saw them in Vicar Street the other year *smug emoji*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Didn't see them last night, but heard some of it quite clear from the back garden. Sounded really good. I had a check on Setlist, and it only names 9 songs. Couldn't be right surely, for a 1.5 hour gig?
    I was at the Vicar Street gig too, and some parts were excellent. But overall, it felt a bit disappointing. I think it went on too long, and there were too many lulls for the gig to get going. Our Adam can be a little bit self-indulgent.

Advertisement