Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Wish Justice and Vince Staples were on the same day. As it is, I can't justify going for just one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Guess you'll just have to go for the full weekend so, join us!

It'll be my first non camping festival, not sure what that's going to be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Wish Justice and Vince Staples were on the same day. As it is, I can't justify going for just one of them.

I can't make it this year, and I'm gutted tbh. Big Vince Staples fan, but Bonobo is one of my favourite artists. Was fantastic as Body & Soul last year too.

Check this out, as it may sway your decision to go on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also added

DJ Seinfeld, Hookworms, David Keenan, Loah, Novelist, Floating points (Live solo), Axel Boman, Agoria (Live), Call Super, Jasper James, Kornél Kovács, Tensnake, George Fitzgerald (Live), Stephan Bodzin (Live), Idris Elba DJ, Sing Along Social, Saoirse, SG Lewis, Trinity Orchestra, Booka Brass, Fehdah and Earl Sweatshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Also added Earl Sweatshirt.

:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Some awesome additions there

Playlist updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

No guitar bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Forbidden fruit has been electronic and hip hop for 3 or 4 years now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

No guitar bands?
    Only on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Nice to see Floating Points there too

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭muloc

Anyone any idea of times the Monday would start/finish?

Is it all one stage?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jimosterberg

muloc wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of times the Monday would start/finish?

Is it all one stage?

Cheers

It will be a stage and a couple of tents. From previous years I would say gates around 2pm and everything finished by around 10:30

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭muloc

It will be a stage and a couple of tents. From previous years I would say gates around 2pm and everything finished by around 10:30

Nice one.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Final Monday main lineup

This will be my first festival of the summer. Getting excited now. I've never done a non camping fest before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Any acts on the Saturday to look out for other than Justice and Richie Hawtin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I’m thinking of going to the Monday for TWOD and Spoon. Will there be a schedule released closer to the time? I’m really not a festival man and don’t want to be there all day if the two acts are several hours apart. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Lads I’m thinking of going to the Monday for TWOD and Spoon. Will there be a schedule released closer to the time? I’m really not a festival man and don’t want to be there all day if the two acts are several hours apart. Thanks.

Yeah there will be a timetable closer to the time. Usually 1-2 weeks before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They are the stage times from last year. TWOD will play roughly the same slot as Bon Iver, no idea what time Spoon will play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Spoon not that popular here, I could see them lower on the bill than Grizzly, Warpaint and UMO. So I'd say either early on main stage or a bit later on the 2nd stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I'm thinking about heading up on Monday only. Does anyone know of any buses from the venue to Galway on that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

LowOdour wrote: »
    I'm thinking about heading up on Monday only. Does anyone know of any buses from the venue to Galway on that night?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dublin+to+galway+late+bus

F*cking Bravo to you!
    And your stupid link didn't answer my question...I asked to the venue, not just to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

F*cking Bravo to you!
    And your stupid link didn't answer my question...I asked to the venue, not just to Dublin

Quite a lot of the roads are closed off around the area, we had a bit of a walk last year coming back from Aphex Twin, took us ages to flag a taxi down, don't know about local city buses though but that late night bus from the Quay to Galway is handy, both Citylink and Gobus. Maybe an actual Dub will answer ya for local buses in the area.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Quite a lot of the roads are closed off around the area, we had a bit of a walk last year coming back from Aphex Twin, took us ages to flag a taxi down, don't know about local city buses though but that late night bus from the Quay to Galway is handy, both Citylink and Gobus. Maybe an actual Dub will answer ya for local buses in the area.

Cheers...ive done the late night gobus/city link bus plenty of times but would have been handy getting something direct from the venue. I see buses running from Kerry/limerick direction running to the festival, was wondering if Galway had something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

F*cking Bravo to you!

Sorry bud, best I can see is https://travelmaster.ie/product/bus-to-forbidden-fruit-festival-2nd-3rd-4th-june-2018/

But no Galway on there, which is odd

Here you go, not too far at all:
    https://imgur.com/hN8W7P6

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Cheers...ive done the late night gobus/city link bus plenty of times but would have been handy getting something direct from the venue. I see buses running from Kerry/limerick direction running to the festival, was wondering if Galway had something similar

Does the GoBus not stop at Heuston? You could pick it up there rather than walking into town?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

32281381_1717878261592425_1613461832620572672_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=edd29f52452ae7f58621b530d8d8ea58&oe=5B95F045

32191035_1717878251592426_4055316478889558016_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=78f4aaaf1a36c067891a03b6f85ecaa2&oe=5B9AEEB4

32260468_1717878254925759_4083606015424069632_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=225b84fd7bfbfcd44075cf19fa140d58&oe=5B8674B7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭usheeeen

Wasn't idris elba supposed to play FF a few years ago but cancelled quietly with no real explanation with just a few days to go? Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Advertisement