Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

So only Monday tickets are on sale first? What if you wanted to go to the other day and you weren't sure until you saw the line up? You don't get the advantage of the 109 two day price; you'd have to pay over 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So only Monday tickets are on sale first? What if you wanted to go to the other day and you weren't sure until you saw the line up? You don't get the advantage of the 109 two day price; you'd have to pay over 120.
    you wait until the other days are announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

They did this last year with Bon Iver as well - they want to put some tickets on sale in advance of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good lineup so far! Monday is usually a sized down day, am I correct in saying that? With Saturday & Sunday the main two days.

Another poster nailed it on the head for me last year though when they said that Forbidden Fruit is always liable to do something crazy like announce 50 cent or someone as the third headliner :pac: It never seems to know what kind of crowd it is aiming for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Birneybau wrote: »
    Monday acts announced:

The War On Drugs
    Thundercat
    Spoon

These acts have released 3 of my favorite albums of 2017.. no chance on earth I will get to FF :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Good lineup so far! Monday is usually a sized down day, am I correct in saying that? With Saturday & Sunday the main two days.

Another poster nailed it on the head for me last year though when they said that Forbidden Fruit is always liable to do something crazy like announce 50 cent or someone as the third headliner :pac: It never seems to know what kind of crowd it is aiming for.
    I'd day they are aiming for something like what they had last year, where the Monday was separate with a more indie/band type lineup(Bon Iver, Lisa Hannigan) and the weekend days were more electronic.

I'm happy with Warpaint and War on Drugs, and Thundercat will put on a great show.

Saying that, I'm not buying a two day ticket without knowing who's on the bill. Nor am I prepared to wait for the bill to be announced, and miss the chance of getting tickets for the Monday.

Rock ->me <- hard place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Never been to this festival before. Was watching Jools Holland the other week and Superorganism were on it. I was actually fast forwarding the programme when I saw them. The whole thing looked so weird and different I rewinded and played their sets. They were strangely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Safe enough to wait a bit before buying Monday ticket?
    Really want to go for War on Drugs but Christmas coming up so would rather wait a bit,does this normally sell out way in advance?

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Safe enough to wait a bit before buying Monday ticket?
    Really want to go for War on Drugs but Christmas coming up so would rather wait a bit,does this normally sell out way in advance?

I'm in the same boat, especially now that Pearl Jam have announced European (but no Irish) dates.

• Advertisement

from looking at Toutless, it doesn't seem like Monday tickets (Bon Iver etc) sold out until around April/May, and even then there were loads of face value tickets on there in the weeks before.
    I wouldn't be too stressed about them selling out any time soon TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm a big fan of the War on Drugs, Grizzly Bear, etc and I'd be surprised if this sells out long in advance.

None of them are at the level of Bon Iver, the National or even Future Islands here realistically, so I'd say it'll be a great show with tickets still going just beforehand.

Which is great news for indecisive indie kids like myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Several new acts have been added to the Forbidden Fruit 2018 line-up today including Bonobo, Glass Animals and more.

The latest artists to set to play Forbidden Fruit 2018 next summer in Dublin are: JUSTICE | BONOBO | VINCE STAPLES | GLASS ANIMALS | BICEP (LIVE) | DENIS SULTA | HUNEE | ROSS FROM FRIENDS (LIVE).

Some great bookings there. Justice, Bonobo and Vince Staples are great. I don't get the Glass Animals hype but people love them so I'd say there'll be some very happy people this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Some great bookings there. Justice, Bonobo and Vince Staples are great. I don't get the Glass Animals hype but people love them so I'd say there'll be some very happy people this morning!

I'll have me some of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Doesn't look like I can make it to this this year, and I'm absolutely gutted. Love that lineup

Not a fan of theirs but they do put on a great live show to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Any idea what night Justice are playing? Also is Bonobo a headliner or on the undercard for Justice? I'm guessing not a headliner but it's not very clear from the announcement.

Cheers

Wow, seriously strong announcement from Forbidden Fruit. Didn't expect to be going to it this year but it will be hard to resist now! I personally wouldn't think Bonobo would be big enough to be a headliner but he did headline Body & Soul this year, even if he was a headliner I wouldn't complain as the other two are so strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭buried

'Justice' are a great live show and that 'Bicep' LP from this year is a really really good listen, will definitely go to this again now, the FF people really know what the current good proper electronic craic is. Would love to see 'Lee Gamble' up on there

https://ninjatune.net/release/bicep/bicep

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m €162.50 poorer. I hope some of my friends are going.

• Advertisement

Wow, seriously strong announcement from Forbidden Fruit. Didn't expect to be going to it this year but it will be hard to resist now! I personally wouldn't think Bonobo would be big enough to be a headliner but he did headline Body & Soul this year, even if he was a headliner I wouldn't complain as the other two are so strong.

I thought Bonobo was amazing at B&S. Again, I'm a massive fan anyway, so I'm going to be bias, but it was one of my favourite shows this year, and I pretty much went to every festival in 2017.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What about Robert Plant as the final headliner? Just announced for a festival in Bath in the UK the weekend before FF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

What about Robert Plant as the final headliner? Just announced for a festival in Bath in the UK the weekend before FF

I doubt he'd fit in with the general vibe of the Sat & Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Justice, Glass Animals, Bicep all on Sat+Sun? The website is not very clear, all the monday bands are in the sat + Sun line up too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

26952310_1608968515816734_4853593276998694722_o.jpg?oh=c0beb2c9832d415a63200f3c21a41a63&oe=5B263011

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

surprised that Bonobo is headlining Sunday. he's good and all, but not exactly a well-known name, and can be quite mellow/jazz-y at times, which I'm not sure will go down great last on an outdoor stage.
    could imagine Four Tet headlining the biggest tent at the same time and packing it out.

surprised that Bonobo is headlining Sunday. he's good and all, but not exactly a well-known name, and can be quite mellow/jazz-y at times, which I'm not sure will go down great last on an outdoor stage.
    could imagine Four Tet headlining the biggest tent at the same time and packing it out.

Yeah I thought they would have announced another headliner with Bonobo playing before them. Richie Hawtin who is playing on the Saturday would arguably have been more suitable to be a headliner instead of Bonobo.

The new names don't do too much for me, overall still a strong line up when you factor in the Monday as well.. It is going to be Forbidden Fruit or Primavera for me depending on their lineup announcement!

Rhye and Unknown Mortal Orchestra added to Monday
    Monday

The War On Drugs
    Grizzly Bear
    Warpaint
    Thundercat
    Superorganism
    Spoon
    Rhye
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra

• Advertisement

Rhye and Unknown Mortal Orchestra added to Monday

Class. Will be getting a Monday ticket for definite now!

Advertisement