Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy Show - 18 Nov 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Things seem to have picked up in Belgium since their Euro 2016 exit.

8-)

About 15 people in the house, but only one helps to find stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Yes national tv is "personal life", people that volunteer for the limelight subject themselves for added postive or negative scrutiny.

Yes it's your personal life if you're in certain fields of work on television.

Your rational is if she's having fun on tv lip synching Rhianna then she's fair game for hate mail, unwanted sexual attention in work :confused: Bizarre.

She's entitled to her personality and she didn't do anything outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ive been rumbled :)

You's will have to compare spelling mistakes :P
    nagdefy wrote: »
    She did post it online and maybe she's right.

People do things differently. She likes social media and giving little tributes 'no rain purple or otherwise' (Prince) on the death of celebs. But that's her personality.

Others might say nothing about hate mail. There's no right or wrong. She's far from a 'deluded git'. She has her style, good luck to her. And she's far from mutton dressed as lamb. She's in her late 40s but can dress as she please. Very toned fit body.

She's totally right in posting it,
    like Susan Keough of Todayfm, got a hate tweet saying she should stay at home & be a mum, she's pinned it on her twitter,

A bit difficult to hear him Ray, with the Hawaii Five-O theme tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Things seem to have picked up in Belgium since their Euro 2016 exit.

8-)

Don't be bringing up international football right now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

There is nothing sexy about that Joanna wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Brent Pope, I was thinking it was Conor Pope.

lufties wrote: »
    There is nothing sexy about that Joanna wan.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, each to their own:)

This is what Saturday night was made for, folks.

• Advertisement
    M

In the olden days they would say "their nerves were at them..." so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, each to their own:)

Men dressing up as women ain't my thing

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Your rational is if she's having fun on tv lip synching Rhianna then she's fair game for hate mail, unwanted sexual attention in work :confused: Bizzare

Yup cos thats exactly what I said(2+2=5), appearance aside she has stuttered through any weather forecast Ive seen her on, just not a fan. I unashamedly begrudge all Irish people and particularly weather men/women though so that must be it, thanks Oprah :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Never was a truer word spoken

Your rational is if she's having fun on tv lip synching Rhianna then she's fair game for hate mail, unwanted sexual attention in work :confused: Bizzare

Yup cos thats exactly what I said(2+2=5), appearance aside she has stuttered through any weather forecast Ive seen her on, just not a fan. I unashamedly begrudge all Irish people and particularly weather men/women though so that must be it, thanks Oprah :)

One thing's for sure, I felt a warm front approaching when Michelle was dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

You's will have to compare spelling mistakes

Yes WE'S will, YOU's better realise that grammar nazism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. :)

M

Never worry about things you can't control.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Brent is such a good guy

• Advertisement

lufties wrote: »
    Men dressing up as women ain't my thing

Ah now Joanna isn't a man!! Specsavers maybe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wx

I dont know the exact arrangement but I remember RTE producing a gushing documentary a few years ago proudly proclaiming the fact that all their newsreaders are Met Eireann meteorologists.

Met Eireann meteorologists present the main RTE TV weather broadcasts, the 6 and 9 pm broadcasts and the late night and weekly Farming forecast. They also prepare the forecasts for the RTE presenters who present the other forecasts viz, 1pm on RTE 1 the European Forecast before the 6pm news and the RTE2 broadcasts.
    Met Eireann meteorologists broadcast all the live radio RTE Radio 1 from their HQ in Glasnevin

Two weeks in a row, and Ray doesn't say where the winner is from!

:angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Honestly could there be less derogatory stuff about women in the thread please

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My wife'sgrandfather used to talk to women on TV as if they were in the room and if it was a soap he'd call them by their real name. for example if he was watching Emmerdale and Kim Tate got out of her Mercedes, he'd say, "Nice car Claire".

One evening we were watching the news and Evelyn Cusack came on for the first time after RTE started reusing the Met people.

Evelyn: Good evening everybody. It's great to be back.

Paddy: Good evening Evelyn. It's great to have you back.

That's fair enough not being a fan but a string of comments like mutton dressed as lamb etc is hardly necessary. She must really annoy you! Personally i don't like anyone getting to me that much as it leads to negativity.

By far and away, my favourite Acca Dacca song...turn it up!

sligojoek wrote: »
    My wife'sgrandfather used to talk to women on TV as if they were in the room and if it was a soap he'd call them by their real name. for example if he was watching Emmerdale and Kim Tate got out of her Mercedes, he'd say, "Nice car Claire".

One evening we were watching the news and Evelyn Cusack came on for the first time after RTE started reusing the Met people.

Evelyn: Good evening everybody. It's great to be back.

Paddy: Good evening Evelyn. It's great to have you back.

My dad did the same in his later years! Around 90yrs he'd start winking at Maura Durrane on The Afternoon Show and tell the rest of us she was really into him!!

I know people say oh no not another depression story when Majella and Brent were on the show but... no matter how frequently we have such items on talk shows they are necessary. If someone makes that phone call and a life is saved that's a major success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What the flip?

I couldn't bring myself to watch this utter, utter nonsense (not you, Popey), and the thread turns into an AC/DC fest?

Jeaney mack.

Advertisement