Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy Show - 18 Nov 17

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Never worry about things you can't control.

With respect Atlantic Dawn that's the essence of anxiety and depression. Despite your best efforts you feel very unwell about things you can't control and also little things you can :)

And it's the knowing you shouldn't worry about these things that makes you feel so guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

nagdefy wrote: »
    That's fair enough not being a fan but a string of comments like mutton dressed as lamb etc is hardly necessary. She must really annoy you! Personally i don't like anyone getting to me that much as it leads to negativity.

We ll agree to disagree then. John Lyndon on TG4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

We ll agree to disagree then.

The funny thing Tyler is i felt the same about her Met forecasts at first and had a few arguments on the weather forum!! Somehow she has grown on me.

Yeah no hassle at all mate, i'm sure there are plenty of things we'll agree on in the future:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What the flip?

I couldn't bring myself to watch this utter, utter nonsense (not you, Popey), and the thread turns into an AC/DC fest?

Jeaney mack.

Now, have you learned your lesson Donie?? Do NOT bail out......EVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Why all the AC/DC stuff tonight ?.I know Malcolm Young has died,but this thread should not be hijacked by it.

• Advertisement

Why all the AC/DC stuff tonight ?.I know Malcolm Young has died,but this thread should not be hijacked by it.

ah judging by the hour prob a few beers involved, normal service will resume midweek. :)

The funny thing Tyler is i felt the same about her Met forecasts at first and had a few arguments on the weather forum!! Somehow she has grown on me.

Yeah no hassle at all mate, i'm sure there are plenty of things we'll agree on in the future:)

Ah im pretty pissed tbh, cant beat a bit of drunken contrarianism. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

monkey9 wrote: »
    Now, have you learned your lesson Donie?? Do NOT bail out......EVER!!!

But....the karaoke...the run around your own house nonsense...
    The karaoke...
    the interviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The karaoke...
    the interviews...

AC/DC is what happens when you go missing. Always expect the unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What the flip?

I couldn't bring myself to watch this utter, utter nonsense (not you, Popey), and the thread turns into an AC/DC fest?

Jeaney mack.

Dave Gilmour was on BBC2 Live at Pompeii.

Feck Ray Darcy. I'll probably look at a repeat of the weather gang. Great bunch of lads in fairness but RTE have a habit of finding something something and overkilling it. I've had an interest in the weather all my life but I could only watch one of those "Specials" during the week. Too much silly nonsense.

Good crack here as always.

RIP Malcolm.

I'm going to have a scroll back and watch the YT stuff posted earlier. It'll have to be headphones for the rest of the night. My daughter is trying to sleep three feet above my speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Her personal life does include having fun on a chat show and lip synching. She was hardly going to sing 'All Things Bright and Beautiful'.

No one will give out about Gerry Murphy's excellent Bono!

I don't know, I was stuck in a moment, after that ;)
    Yes WE'S will, YOU's better realise that grammar nazism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. :)

Well have to agree on that ;)

But then even the weather can get it wrong too :D

weather.jpg
    Two weeks in a row, and Ray doesn't say where the winner is from!

:angry:

emailbag@rte.ie :D

Whenever there's frosty nights, sometimes the warm front approaching doesn't always help as her as her screen actually froze
    Must have been her Blue Steel pose ;):P

weather3.jpg

I'll leave the last word with Phil Connors :P

tumblr_o1e534FaCh1tjakueo1_250.gif

I know people say oh no not another depression story when Majella and Brent were on the show but... no matter how frequently we have such items on talk shows they are necessary. If someone makes that phone call and a life is saved that's a major success.

I read somewhere, she & others fundraised for FREE 6x2hr courses on Mindfulness & they travel to a few counties, nice to give back.
    The karaoke...
    the interviews...

"Dont Blame It On The Weather (men)"

HI Donie, was your fave on tonite?

A few years and a lot of stuff later.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I read somewhere, she & others fundraised for FREE 6x2hr courses on Mindfulness & they travel to a few counties, nice to give back.

"Dont Blame It On The Weather (men)"

HI Donie, was your fave on tonite?

My fave? Not sure which fave you mean. I got like several favourites of all the things in the world. MOTD was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

What's your favourite weather related song?

Unintentional funniest line of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Happened to catch clip of the lip syncing..

Seriously, what d fook is wrong with the world?

My fave? Not sure which fave you mean. I got like several favourites of all the things in the world. MOTD was good!

I mean fave weather forecaster ;)

Here's a fave at the moment & sounds better in Gaelic :D

a8e31a446338f8fe8dce6019a7260f42_hd.jpg?w=1358&h=905

She also pops up in one of my fave shows too: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wx

Its official, Joanne saved the world

Joanna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wx

Never understood the whole Met Eireann snobbery towards weather readers from other stations when it comes to being qualified meteorologists. Just like TG4 (actual serious eye candy) etc they arent personally researching/writing the reports to be read, merely presenting them.

It is the Met Eireann Meteorologists who research and write all the broadcasts for RTE and a number of them also present the broadcasts.

The RTE Radio broadcasts are done from CAFO (Central Analysis and Forecast Office) Met HQ, Glasnevin Hill.

Advertisement