Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'Arcy Show - 18 Nov 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've never watched a full episode of Bake Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

She's plastered is what she is.

Nah ive read articles about her complaining about being stalked at work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭batistuta9

That is my point, Met Eireann provide services/meteorologists for RTE weather forecasts. I just remember massive resistance from them when rte tried to introduce younger, "untrained" readers years ago.

So met eireann are insisting their employees are reading out the weather on rte?
    Probably getting a nice chunk extra for going on TV.

The BBC are changing from the UK met office for better value but have had to put the change over back 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysis Prue, i wouldn't worry about it that much. It's not really that important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Here's an early one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, if you like your tea a certain way make the effin thing yourself.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Why the begrudgery? The 3 of them were more craic than the stellar stars Mark Wahlberg, Mel Gibson etc last night.

She is a bit of a minx! Michelle great fun. Gerry hidden talents!

Ah yes the lazy, catch-all, irish "begrudgery" argument employed when anyone dares criticises a fellow citizen. Believe it or not i dont blanket "begrudge" all Irish 'celebrities' ( even Jim Corr gets a pass!), just deluded gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

That is my point, Met Eireann provide services/meteorologists for RTE weather forecasts. I just remember massive resistance from them when rte tried to introduce younger, "untrained" readers years ago.

Have you heard of the BBC weather guy is better at painting & its his hobby:P
    Wouldn't have minded seeing Audrey McGrath doing umbrella.

Or Jean Byrne in her techicolour dream dress

Evoke-AY56080208Jean-Byrne-RTE-we.jpg?mtime=20170704142642

Did you say Adorable Audrey McGrath

McGrath1.JPG
    Is this the one who did the early Tweet announcing the winner?

Like Phileas Fogg, she forgot what continent she was in :P

Oh God Ray, you're some man. Just as you tell her you're moving away from the subject you suddenly go back to it like Colombo. "Oh just one more thing. Didn't the Prime Minister of Bhutan comment on you messing up?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

This is your bog standard type of interview on both the LLS and Ray D'arcy that bore people to death.

Way too many of these serious interviews with non entities. At least if your having an interview with minor celebs like the weather folk have a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

A whole interview about this poor woman messing up

I like her

"It's good for us to know that you can mess up". Ray really wants everyone to know that this woman has messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Jebus....A story about a badly made cup of tea.

How much is Ray getting paid again?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    So met eireann are insisting their employees are reading out the weather on rte?
    Probably getting a nice chunk extra for going on TV.

The BBC are changing from the UK met office for better value but have had to put the change over back 2 months

I dont know the exact arrangement but I remember RTE producing a gushing documentary a few years ago proudly proclaiming the fact that all their newsreaders are Met Eireann meteorologists.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

monkey9 wrote: »
    Oh God Ray, you're some man. Just as you tell her you're moving away from the subject you suddenly go back to it like Colombo. "Oh just one more thing. Didn't the Prime Minister of Bhutan comment on you messing up?"

He loves a good sneer at people.

Ah yes the lazy, catch-all, irish "begrudgery" argument employed when anyone dares criticises a fellow citizen. Believe it or not i dont blanket "begrudge" all Irish 'celebrities' ( even Jim Corr gets a pass!), just deluded gits.

Ok i'll rephrase. You have a problem with Joanna Donnelly. You made a comment a moment ago 'i believe she says she was stalked'. Mutton dressed as lamb and such comments. She is allowed to have a bit of fun in her personal life and at the same time not suffer unwanted sexual attention in her workplace.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Criminally underrated tune

I've never watched a full episode of Bake Off.

I watched one ep, left me deflated afterwards :rolleyes:
    Neames wrote: »
    Jebus....A story about a badly made cup of tea.

How much is Ray getting paid again?

I bet there'll be an ad for Lyons tea in the next ad break :rolleyes:
    Ok i'll rephrase. You have a problem with Joanna Donnelly. You made a comment a moment ago 'i believe she says she was stalked'. Mutton dressed as lamb and such comments. She is allowed to have a bit of fun in her personal life and at the same time not suffer unwanted sexual attention in her workplace.

Didn't she get a hate letter in the post recently, & she posted it online! :(

• Advertisement

Never even covered the woman's novels. I'd be fuming if I was her.

Ive been rumbled :)

Actually, i'd like this segment a lot more if they made it into an expat thing every week and had Irish around the world rather than just around the country.

I watched one ep, left me deflated afterwards :rolleyes:

I bet there'll be an ad for Lyons tea in the next ad break :rolleyes:

Not sure if Jon Ronson covered this story in his book but a perfect example of social media types going ape over an honest mistake by someone online. In his book "so you've been publicly shamed"

She did post it online and maybe she's right.

People do things differently. She likes social media and giving little tributes 'no rain purple or otherwise' (Prince) on the death of celebs. But that's her personality.

Others might say nothing about hate mail. There's no right or wrong. She's far from a 'deluded git'. She has her style, good luck to her. And she's far from mutton dressed as lamb. She's in her late 40s but can dress as she please. Very toned fit body.

She is allowed to have a bit of fun in her personal life.

Think about that one :)

Wouldn't be just like classless ray if he got a family in Denmark,

I see the teabags got a mention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Think about that one :)

Her personal life does include having fun on a chat show and lip synching. She was hardly going to sing 'All Things Bright and Beautiful'.

No one will give out about Gerry Murphy's excellent Bono!

• Advertisement

Her personal life does include having fun on a chat show and lip synching. She was hardly going to sing 'All Things Bright and Beautiful'.

No one will give out about Gerry Murphy's excellent Bono!

Yes national tv is "personal life", people that volunteer for the limelight subject themselves for added postive or negative scrutiny.

Advertisement