Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caitlyn Jenner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sorry but no. I will not participate in this charade. The Caitlin Jenner saga will be judged by history as a saga of ghoulish fascination into a deeply crass and unpleasant family.

And road safety issues.

Yeah, i honestly do not know how I feel about that.

Yeah, a weight lifter named Laurel Hubbard wins a female weight lifting title.

Sounds mundane until you realise this 'Sheila' (as an Aussie might say) was formerly known as Gavin, is built like a fat rugby player and weighs close to 140kgs.

I know exactly how I feel about that. It's a total sham and shouldn't have been allowed. It's unsporting, plain and simple. You need no other reason to object. A sham of an athlete taking advantage of an absolutely unfair physical edge over the other competitors.

As for Caitlyn Jenner, that's a whole other train wreck that's hard to look away from, even when it's clear to see it's going to be a bloody big mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

anna080 wrote: »
    The person still won it. She won it when she was male, she's now a woman. You want her to externalise her achievements and say "remember when that dude won those medals?"..
    The body achieved the medals not the gender

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I wonder will be eventually head towards gender-less sports, instead it will be weight / muscle or speed class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

The body achieved the medals not the gender

What about in cases like this?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/texas-transgender-wrestler-trnd-hold/index.html

"Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas"

Do you think it's fair to the girls competing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Hammer89 wrote: »
    This.

Nope. The man achieved the medals. Because being male was a key criteria. Perhaps the only one. It was not a unisex race and women, whether at an advantage or not, would not have been allowed to compete.

Well done Mr Jenner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

I wonder will be eventually head towards gender-less sports, instead it will be weight / muscle or speed class.

It was. Women traditionally did not compete, except maybe in chariot racing where their weight would give them an advantage.

Women categories allow women to compete, despite their physical disadvantages. By compromising womens' athletics, you are barring real women from sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Even at the same weight, a male would have an advantage over a female in pretty much every physical sport. The way it is now (segregated by biological sex) has allowed women to compete on a level playing field and achieve success in their own right and it should stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Jenner has done much for the cause of transgender people....but she hasn't done much for the reputation of women drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Tenigate wrote: »
    Nope. The man achieved the medals. Because being male was a key criteria. Perhaps the only one. It was not a unisex race and women, whether at an advantage or not, would not have been allowed to compete.

Well done Mr Jenner!

Sorry Anna he's won me over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

splinter65 wrote: »
    If Caitlyn Jenner insists that she has always felt that she was a woman, should she not return the Decathlon Olympic Gold Medal that Bruce Jenner (now a non existent entity) won in 1976, as the Decathlon is, always has been and will continue to be an exclusively male event ( as the heptathlon is exclusively female).
    And by extension, return all the sponsorship money which, perhaps fraudulently, made the now non existent Bruce Jenner a millionaire ?

No because, despite how he "felt", Bruce Jenner is/was a man.

Autochange wrote: »
    I see some people got warnings and bans for various reasons regarding jenners gender.

The way i see it is if you are born a man you are a man. Surgery, medication and anything else humans come up with cannot change what nature has designed. Jenner may think, sound, act and on some levels look like a woman but by design can never be one.

This is not transphobia as the mod mentioned previously this is accepting humans cannot change natures design.

The most irritating (and ridiculous!!) aspect of the whole "gender fluid" phenomenon is the fact that anybody who doesn't conform to popular opinion, ie. dare to have their own opinion, is regarded as "whateverphobic" ........ if we can't give our honest opinions on a discussion forum then what's the point in having said discussion forum at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Caitlyn Jenner came across very well on the Late Late show, and is doing no one any harm.

Live and let live, it is easy to judge other people, and people who judge others usually hate it when they get judged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I do not think it is at all fair for transwomen to compete in women's sports. The advantage is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

Honest question, is it transphobia to refer to Bruce/Caitlyn as he/she?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've asked before if Jenner's kids say "mom" or "dad". Cos both are equally as strange to me. If it's mom, you're kinda saying it's not your dad, if you say dad you're calling a woman your dad. Have I got that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

This person is such a vacuous, self-absorbed, attention seeking narcissist that they are impossible to take at face value. The cause of genuine trans people is set back by assh*les like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anthropomorphic weasel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

The perversion isn't trans ( I couldn't give a hoot what consenting adults do although I think trans is a bit messed up ) but the demand that we all must dance to this tune and change to suit others for fear of being ostracised or worse banned from AH :pac:
    fcuk them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

arayess wrote: »
    The perversion isn't trans ( I couldn't give a hoot what consenting adults do although I think trans is a bit messed up ) but the demand that we all must dance to this tune and change to suit others for fear of being ostracised or worse banned from AH :pac:
    fcuk them all.
    Do what the hell you want with your body and I will treat you with respect and dignity but don't even attempt to tell me to ignore biology. I'm not buying what you're selling. Gender Dysphoria must be difficult to live with (40% suicide rate) but I'm not obliged to celebrate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I wonder does Caitlin still take out the bins, poke the fire, and have a collection of sticks for stirring paint in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Society is amazing. This man kills someone in a crash then they give him a "woman of the year award"

Honest question, is it transphobia to refer to Bruce/Caitlyn as he/she?

It's really a matter of opinion .......... some would adamantly say it's definitely "transphobic" whilst others, like myself, decide not to conform to the whims of individuals just because we're expected to do so in today's society.

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Society is amazing. This man kills someone in a crash then they give him a "woman of the year award"

Yeah, I was thinking about that when reading this thread ........... what was the legal outcome of that case anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

MadDog76 wrote: »
    EPAndlee wrote: »

Yeah, I was thinking about that when reading this thread ........... what was the legal outcome of that case anyway?

Remember reading he was being sued for 18 million but apparently they settled it the lawsuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Lol... Good old After Hours, can always rely on you guys to prove a point.

For the record: I think Jenner is a ****ing joke of a person regardless of gender - but this thread was clearly opened to start a trans bashing sesh.

And kudos to the mods for letting it carry on so long.

Lol... Good old After Hours, can always rely on you guys to prove a point.

For the record: I think Jenner is a ****ing joke of a person regardless of gender - but this thread was clearly opened to start a trans bashing sesh.

And kudos to the mods for letting it carry on so long.

Says the poster who bumped the thread 3 weeks after the last post!!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

I heard AP has a picture of jenner on his wall ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

If I put a penguin suit on me, I am not a penguin.

He's a man dressed like a woman. Doesn't matter what he does, he is a man.
    If I make a pair of wings and glue them to my arms, I am not a seagull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Donald Trump should slap on a dress and wig and self-identify as a woman.

Imagine that, Donald Trump, the first female President of the United States of America. :D

Advertisement