Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caitlyn Jenner

Options
  • 11-11-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭

If Caitlyn Jenner insists that she has always felt that she was a woman, should she not return the Decathlon Olympic Gold Medal that Bruce Jenner (now a non existent entity) won in 1976, as the Decathlon is, always has been and will continue to be an exclusively male event ( as the heptathlon is exclusively female).
    And by extension, return all the sponsorship money which, perhaps fraudulently, made the now non existent Bruce Jenner a millionaire ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

He only declared he was a she afterwards so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Its an interesting point I suppose.

But as Bruce he did win those events in full compliance with the rules. Physically a male regardless of his own personal thoughts, so id say he should keep the records and trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

If he/she was originally a woman, competing against women, then you might have a point, but there was nothing fraudulent about his/her win in 1976. Men's events are generally 'Open'. Anyone can enter them. Women don't because they generally have no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No. Deciding to become a woman in your later years doesn't invalidate you of everything you've ever done when you lived as a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Physically a male 

A male in a dress is a male in a dress is a male.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

If she was a woman and beat all the men then she should get even more medals \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What makes my skin crawl about this person is the fact that they have not ONCE come out publicly to apologize to the family of the motorist that she killed a few years back. I know it was an accident but that man is dead and his family have nothing but a grave to visit and yet Jenner just uses the whole thing as a narcissistic excuse to flaunt how SHE feels about it and how HER life is so complicated and hard.
    FFS, show a tiny bit of humility and say how sorry you are for their loss instead of turning the whole episode into another whoring reality tv photo opportunity to get more column inches. If that were me, I would be guilty for the rest of my life and if I had her money id be giving the family some compensation. Jenner only cares about herself. Disgusting human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Do you need to have a full sex change before you can play sport in codes for that sex? Like I’d love to win an All Ireland medal for Galway, and would stand a fair chance of making the camogie team, but I don’t want to have my balls removed and my cock turned inside out to create a fanny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

anna080 wrote: »
    No. Deciding to become a woman in your later years doesn't invalidate you of everything you've ever done when you lived as a man.

But if you are now insisting that only the female part of you be recognized then you can’t really say “... but what about that time I won the Decathlon...” as was the way Bruce accumulated his fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

splinter65 wrote: »
    If Caitlyn Jenner insists that she has always felt that she was a woman,

Gonna stop ya right there.

It doesn't matter what Jenner feels. And the surgery and name change don't matter either.

Jenner is a man and he won his medals fairly.

I hope that answers your question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She has said in the past that coming out as a conservative GOP supporter in Hollywood was a lot tougher than coming out as trans.

But if you are now insisting that only the female part of you be recognized then you can’t really say “... but what about that time I won the Decathlon...” as was the way Bruce accumulated his fortune.

The person still won it. She won it when she was male, she's now a woman. You want her to externalise her achievements and say "remember when that dude won those medals?"..
    The body achieved the medals not the gender

Do you need to have a full sex change before you can play sport in codes for that sex? Like I’d love to win an All Ireland medal for Galway, and would stand a fair chance of making the camogie team, but I don’t want to have my balls removed and my cock turned inside out to create a fanny.

Not sure about GAA but in other sports athletes are no longer subject to "humiliating gender tests" (which typically meant being watched pee when taking a drugs test.. women who remained standing were disqualified on account of not being women)

Previously the definition of "woman" in addition to "pees sitting down" was "doesn't have Y chromosomes" . Now because of tireless efforts by scientists (the social science kind) we know that a woman is someone who "identifies as a woman" and to make things fairer to actual women, the fake women should have low testosterone.

So there you have it. If you want to compete as a girl, change your name to Miss Rumpy Pumpy and take drugs to reduce your testosterone levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

What thats so silly..shes still the same person who just identifies by a different name and gender now

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If Caitlyn Jenner insists that she has always felt that she was a woman, should she not return the Decathlon Olympic Gold Medal that Bruce Jenner (now a non existent entity) won in 1976, as the Decathlon is, always has been and will continue to be an exclusively male event ( as the heptathlon is exclusively female).
    And by extension, return all the sponsorship money which, perhaps fraudulently, made the now non existent Bruce Jenner a millionaire ?

Why does this matter so much to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If my aunt had balls she could play snooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

The person still won it. She won it when she was male, she's now a woman. You want her to externalise her achievements and say "remember when that dude won those medals?"..

This distinction between body and gender is beginning to feel quasi religious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Tenigate wrote: »
    Gonna stop ya right there.

It doesn't matter what Jenner feels. And the surgery and name change don't matter either.

Jenner is a man and he won his medals fairly.

I hope that answers your question.
    Hmmm.. won his medals fairly at the time, now appears to be asking for a history rewrite.
    Agree though Bruce Jenner is a man and Caitlyn Jenner is a figment if an imagination I suspect is befuddled by the side effects of much steroid abuse back in the day.
    Just my opinion.

Mod-Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-thread reopened. As per the charter any transphobia of any kind is forbidden. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I see some people got warnings and bans for various reasons regarding jenners gender.

The way i see it is if you are born a man you are a man. Surgery, medication and anything else humans come up with cannot change what nature has designed. Jenner may think, sound, act and on some levels look like a woman but by design can never be one.

This is not transphobia as the mod mentioned previously this is accepting humans cannot change natures design.

Really?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Autochange wrote: »
    The way i see it is if you are born a man you are a man. Surgery, medication and anything else humans come up with cannot change what nature has designed. Jenner may think, sound, act and on some levels look like a woman but by design can never be one.

Meanwhile other people disagree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's politically incorrect to say this but this kind of thing seems unfair as fuck.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/weightlifting/transgender-weight-lifter-wins-female-title-bc-5365529663001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Did he/she feel like a woman when he/she was shooting sperm into his wife with his penis??

Every cell in his body has a Y chromosome, apart from some of his sperm cells

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

What about if it was done for the sole purpose of a bloody reality tv show .......which it was, I don't buy all the other bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It's politically incorrect to say this but this kind of thing seems unfair as fuck.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/weightlifting/transgender-weight-lifter-wins-female-title-bc-5365529663001

Yeah, i honestly do not know how I feel about that.

sonofenoch wrote: »
    What about if it was done for the sole purpose of a bloody reality tv show .......which it was, I don't buy all the other bull****

Yep. Chop of my misters and change genders all for my tv show you guys. Gotta get those ratings!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sorry but no. I will not participate in this charade. The Caitlin Jenner saga will be judged by history as a saga of ghoulish fascination into a deeply crass and unpleasant family.

Advertisement