Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saudi Arabia and Iran war talk!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

jackboy wrote: »
    You are talking about easily replaceable soldiers. Of course a lot of the soldiers went through hell and were good for nothing at the end of the war. The capabilities of the US military were not significantly depleted. They were then and are now the strongest military force in history. Despite their dodgy motives sometimes the world would be vastly worse without them.

They are not.

They are useless. A female USAF Staff Sargeant that is a "life" and with whom I was briefly slutting around with told me that it's a farce. The US military is like a massive joke mixed with Soviet style bureaucracy, staggering levels of theft, corruption, waste and general piss-taking. It's one MASSIVE scam.

Do you think the Viet Cong or the Iraq Resistance or the Afghan Pashtun resistance or the Syrian Army or anyone else squandered the taxpayers money on setting up burger joints, massage parlours and swimming pools in the positions that they were fighting for?

The average American arsehole (and you might follow his lead) will think that that is normal. They think war is kinda like a cruise where you arrive and give out T-shirts.

It doesn't take a very clever person to determine that winning a war doesn't cost that much. It costs bravery, suffering and mental fortitude coupled with a collective spiirit and hopefully a method of outwitting and outclassing your adversary until the killing has been ultimately brought to a stop.

Look at the victims of America's sleazy little power wars that have shown this on the part of those who they tried to destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭jackboy

Chrongen wrote: »
    I've considered all aspects and I have come up with one irrefutable fact and that is that the US, the "greatest military machine in the world" could not win a fight against anybody.

Ah come on, you can't really believe that. Comical Ali wouldn't go that far.

Advertisement