Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man squeezes woman's boobs too hard - it ends up in court - should it have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

No it shouldn't, are you mad!
    i dont know one women that hasnt experienced sexual abuse of some form, we just plough on and get on with it. but sure thats not right, but then ye cant pull every wanker into court over it either, its all he says she says ****e. ugh, my daughter is going to experience this at some stage, and what, we just have to accept it?!
    anyway, this particular case, he was asked to stop, he didnt, over and over again, fcuk him! cnut needs to learn. if it didnt tell us that it was a trainee doc and it was some scobie bollox would anyone be on his side? doubt it!

(also havent read past the first page of this thread :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.
    Exclusive after two dates (both in one week)? That's intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

I'd say it's assault alright. Sounds like very immature sex...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i dont know one women that hasnt experienced sexual abuse of some form, we just plough on and get on with it. but sure thats not right, but then ye cant pull every wanker into court over it either, its all he says she says ****e. ugh, my daughter is going to experience this at some stage, and what, we just have to accept it?!
    anyway, this particular case, he was asked to stop, he didnt, over and over again, fcuk him! cnut needs to learn. if it didnt tell us that it was a trainee doc and it was some scobie bollox would anyone be on his side? doubt it!

(also havent read past the first page of this thread :P)

i feel that the sexual abuse bar has been lowered soo much that every human over the age of 25 has experianced sexual abuse

it kind of belittles those hunans that have experianced "real" abuse

Tigger wrote: »
    i feel that the sexual abuse bar has been lowered soo much that every human over the age of 25 has experianced sexual abuse

it kind of belittles those hunans that have experianced "real" abuse
    I'm not talking about slaps on the arse. Actual rape in most cases, it's just life and expected. Quite sad tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm not talking about slaps on the arse. Actual rape in most cases, it's just life and expected. Quite sad tbh.

You don't know one woman who hasn't been raped or seriously sexually assaulted? Really?

You don't know one woman who hasn't been raped or seriously sexually assaulted? Really?

Yes that's what I said. Obviously I don't know if mary in the shop has been assaulted but any girl I am close with, yes.

Most women have experienced actual rape?

Cool

Yes that's what I said. Obviously I don't know if mary in the shop has been assaulted but any girl I am close with, yes.

I find that extremely difficult to believe.

And it's certainly not "life and just expected". That's utter bullsh*t.

I do not expect to get raped or seriously sexually assaulted. My female friends do not expect to get raped or seriously sexually assaulted. It's a bizarre thing to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I do not expect to get raped or seriously sexually assaulted. My female friends do not expect to get raped or seriously sexually assaulted. It's a bizarre thing to expect.

Can't speak for we'llallhavetea and her friends, but I interpreted what she meant as for those of her friends who have experienced sexual abuse and rape, that it will happen to them again at some point in their lives, or even throughout their lives. They would hopefully be wrong, but research suggests otherwise -

Abstract

This article reviews the literature on sexual revictimization, covering approximately 90 empirical studies and includes a discussion of prevalence, risk factors, and correlates of sexual revictimization. Research suggests that two of three individuals who are sexually victimized will be revictimized. The occurrence of childhood sexual abuse and its severity are the best documented and researched predictors of sexual revictimization. Multiple traumas, especially childhood physical abuse, and recency of sexual victimization are also associated with higher risk. There is preliminary evidence that membership in some ethnic groups or coming from a dysfunctional family places an individual at a greater risk. Revictimization is associated with higher distress and certain psychiatric disorders. People who were revictimized show difficulty in interpersonal relationships, coping, self-representations, and affect regulation and exhibit greater self-blame and shame. Existing research on prevention efforts and treatment is discussed. More longitudinal studies on sexual revictimization are needed.

Sexual Revictimization
    A Review of the Empirical Literature

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

'She was in pain. At first she said nothing but moved position to avoid her breasts being touched. Again he grabbed her breasts.

'She wanted to continue sexual intercourse but was in pain and did not want her breasts to be touched again.

'She was crying and told him that he had been rough. She told him not to grab her breasts.

'He apologised and agreed, after which they recommenced sexual intercourse.

If it was bothering her that much she should have told to fuck off altogether as opposed to telling him to stop squeezing her breasts but to carry on having sex with her.

Can't speak for we'llallhavetea and her friends, but I interpreted what she meant as for those of her friends who have experienced sexual abuse and rape, that it will happen to them again at some point in their lives, or even throughout their lives. They would hopefully be wrong, but research suggests otherwise -

Abstract

This article reviews the literature on sexual revictimization, covering approximately 90 empirical studies and includes a discussion of prevalence, risk factors, and correlates of sexual revictimization. Research suggests that two of three individuals who are sexually victimized will be revictimized. The occurrence of childhood sexual abuse and its severity are the best documented and researched predictors of sexual revictimization. Multiple traumas, especially childhood physical abuse, and recency of sexual victimization are also associated with higher risk. There is preliminary evidence that membership in some ethnic groups or coming from a dysfunctional family places an individual at a greater risk. Revictimization is associated with higher distress and certain psychiatric disorders. People who were revictimized show difficulty in interpersonal relationships, coping, self-representations, and affect regulation and exhibit greater self-blame and shame. Existing research on prevention efforts and treatment is discussed. More longitudinal studies on sexual revictimization are needed.

Sexual Revictimization
    A Review of the Empirical Literature

She says her daughter will experience rape or serious sexual assault at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

while obviously the serious sexual abuse stuff is terrible i dont think its just life
    like every woman you know has been raped?
    is that what your saying

donyou work or live in an area that might skew the numbers
    like do you work in a brothel in 1970's new york ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

lmimmfn wrote: »
    What if its "No No No" followed by "Yes Yes Yes"?

If they say no, stop. If they want you to recommence they'll tell you to.

If saying 'no' or 'stop' is part of role play then agree a safe word beforehand.

It's as if people need an interpreter to understand what is meant by STOP.

If someone say stop, then stop. It's really that easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I'm a woman. I've been sexually assaulted.

If it was bothering her that much she should have told to fuck off altogether as opposed to telling him to stop squeezing her breasts but to carry on having sex with her.

Say that to the judge that convicted him.

She consented to sex. She didnt consent to being injured.

Whoopsadoodles so what do you think of the many, many women who have come out lately and accused:
    Hollywood directors
    Hollywood actors
    Company C.E.O's
    Bosses
    British M.P's
    Scottish M.P's
    ......of rape and sexual assault.

Have you been reading the news at all?

• Advertisement

The same post to you Permabear:

What do you think of the many, many women who have come out lately and accused:
    Hollywood directors
    Hollywood actors
    Company C.E.O's
    Bosses
    British M.P's
    Scottish M.P's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

The same post to you Permabear:

What do you think of the many, many women who have come out lately and accused:
    Hollywood directors
    Hollywood actors
    Company C.E.O's
    Bosses
    British M.P's
    Scottish M.P's

How does that prove that all women have exlerienced, and expect, rape and sexual assault?

neonsofa wrote: »
    How does that prove that all women have exlerienced, and expect, rape and sexual assault?

Who said ALL women have experienced rape and sexual assaurt. I didnt say it. Can you show me who did?

Whoopsadoodles so what do you think of the many, many women who have come out lately and accused:
    Hollywood directors
    Hollywood actors
    Company C.E.O's
    Bosses
    British M.P's
    Scottish M.P's

What's that got to do with what I posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Who said ALL women have experienced rape and sexual assaurt. I didnt say it. Can you show me who did?

So what exactly was the point of your post then...?

Why are you choosing them over the male Hollywod directors, hollywood actors, bosses, company CEO's, MPs from other geographical area that have also been accused of sexual assault towards women in the last few weeks?
    Do you have a valid reason?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

I can't decide. I'm on the fence. Perhaps. Maybe. Who's to say really.
    Jaysus ! This could put an end to games of slap-a-bap up and down the country !

Advertisement