Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man squeezes woman's boobs too hard - it ends up in court - should it have?

Options
  • 03-11-2017 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

Be interested to hear people's views on the following recent case in the UK.

Full (very long) article can be read here but the crux of it is below:

Junior doctor's career is in ruins after he indecently assaulted his Tinder date by grabbing and bruising her breasts during CONSENSUAL sex

A junior doctor convicted of indecent assault after grabbing a woman's breasts during consensual sex despite her asking him not to claimed he was 'pretty passionate' because it was their 'first time'.

Philip Queree, 37, was taken to court for repeatedly grabbing the woman's breasts and pulling her hair while the couple had intercourse after meeting on Tinder.

Despite consenting to having sex with Queree, the victim told him she did not want her breasts touched and accused him of using 'excessive force'.

Queree has now been placed on the Sex Offender's Register for five years - ruining his dream of becoming a doctor, according to his barrister.

The defendant, then 36, was a mature student in the third year of study at a London medical school who was staying with his parents in Jersey in the summer holidays when he met the female healthcare worker.

Mrs Shaw said after meeting via Tinder and getting on well during their first date they agreed to meet again two days later.

She said on Friday, August 19 they went for a walk on the beach and had a surprise dinner at a harbour side restaurant.

She said they agreed to stop using Tinder and to date exclusively.

'Later that evening they went to her flat where they engaged in sexual intercourse.

'The woman's evidence was that during intercourse he grabbed her breasts very forcibly.

'She was in pain. At first she said nothing but moved position to avoid her breasts being touched. Again he grabbed her breasts.

'She wanted to continue sexual intercourse but was in pain and did not want her breasts to be touched again.

'She was crying and told him that he had been rough. She told him not to grab her breasts.

'He apologised and agreed, after which they recommenced sexual intercourse.

'However he grabbed her breasts again twice more in the same manner as before, causing her severe pain.'

She said the victim was very shaken and went to the bathroom where she noticed red marks on her breasts which had developed into significant bruising.

Queree told the court he agreed that the encounter took place but insisted that all acts were consensual.

In his defence, Queree claimed that at no time did she tell him not to touch her breasts although he said she did at one stage ask him, in non specific terms, to be more gentle and he complied.

The court was told: 'She had given consent to sexual intercourse and therefore had implicitly given consent to her breasts being touched in a sexual manner.

'By her account she later specifically withdrew consent for her breasts being touched even though she continued otherwise to consent to sexual intercourse.

'She said that he had continued to grab her breasts despite the withdrawal of consent and in the knowledge that consent had been withdrawn.'

'After she showed him the bruise he responded that he had had rougher sex than that.

'She did not want him to leave and did not want to believe what had happened.

'She wanted him to stay and discuss it. His demeanour then changed. He had tears in his eyes and said he needed to go and think about what he had done to her.

'He then stormed out the door. She was in complete and utter shock and texted him, imploring him to return.

'She wanted him to come back and give an explanation and just could not equate his behaviour in the bedroom with his previous charming behaviour.

In police interview Queree agreed that he had touched her breasts during sexual intercourse but felt that that was reasonable behaviour.

Queree said the intercourse was 'pretty passionate as befits two people engaging in their first sexual encounter.'

But Mrs Shaw rejected his version of events and found him guilty of indecent assault.

In conclusion, she said: 'I am sure that she withdrew her consent for him to grab her breasts; but he knew this and continued to do so forcefully, causing her severe pain.

'This was an assault. He touched a sexual and intimate part of her body in a sexual manner without her consent.

'Irrespective of her consent to other sexual conduct, I am sure that the touching was in circumstances of indecency and thus he is guilty of indecent assault.

'I find it credible that she wanted to continue sexual intercourse but that she tried to put a limit on his conduct and asked him not to grab her painful breasts again.

In deciding to put Queree on the Sex Offenders Register, she said: 'I am concerned that you pose a risk of sexual harm to others.'

Advocate David Steenson, defending, said that the case had ruined the defendant's life.

On a personal level: I've had women scratch my back (so bad it's drawn blood after having told them to quit) and also once had a woman bite my feckin tongue so bad it swelled up. So, simply decided not to see either nut job again. Unless I was drunk. But, do I feel that either of them should have been charged and placed on the sexual offenders register? No, of course I bloody well don't.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that if some woman went full Catherine Tramell on me that I'd feel it okay for her to have done so given that I'd consented to have sexual intercourse with her, but surely there is a level of personal responsibility that people need to take for what happens them when engaged in sexual hi-jinks and I don't see that line was really crossed here. If he whipped out some metal nipple clamps and started dragging her round the room, resulting in her ending up in casualty.... course the guy (or girl) should be charged, and conceivably for some things not so violent to (just using that as a an example).

Imo, this girl should just have asked this guy to leave once it became apparent that he had no consideration for how she felt.

So, what says you...................

Should this have ended up in court? Or did this fall within the boundaries of personal responsibility?

Should this case have ended up in court? 310 votes

Yes, of course it should, in fact I'd like to see it happen more often.
    0%
    No it shouldn't, are you mad!
    27%
    GraysonVictorMrPuddingSteve_oJupiterKidScraggsIshmaelhatrickpatrickdeisemumShenshenSham SquireHoagyMr. Incognitomacrubiconredfacedbear[Deleted User]TootssupermouseLollipops23Pixied 86 votes
    I can't decide. I'm on the fence. Perhaps. Maybe. Who's to say really.
    55%
    BigConCalhounTony HNollog[Deleted User]xabiRhymePixelTrawlerhomerjay2005MorporkBlaasForRafaphill106twilight_singertoxicity234fatbhoyomega manPappacharliejohnnysmackMiss OMMCJohnnio13 172 votes
    I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.
    16%
    SimiSand[Deleted User]tony-odCinaDave147WibbsFergusFSlippin Jimmypunk_one82FloppybitsphilstartrellheimCB19KevomahamageehadPotential-MonkeCruelCoinSIRREXcharlietheminxxSeaFields 52 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Title reads like the boob is having its day in court.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So, simply decided not to see either nut job again. Unless I was drunk.

I lolled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Must have been bad if she went that far with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Jaysus the fcuking head in him :)

Some women like it rough some dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

"woman squeezes man's balls too hard during consensual sex, after which consent was withdrawn, amounting to assault. It ends up in court. Should it have?"

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

#myboobstoo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

#MAGA

Bad enough your surname being Queree but to be on the sex offenders registry too :0

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭DaithiMa

This is absolutely mental. What is going on in the world. Squeeze boobs while having sex? Sex offenders register for 5 years!! Surely that is a bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Considering ireland is short of doctors , i think we should employee a moneyball strategy to hiring doctors that are shafted for something minor like.
    We'd save a fortune, doctor is greatful for a job, we gain a doctor to our hse register...everyone's a winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Consented to sex but didn't want her tits touched.

He should've brought the handcuffs or cable ties.

For himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sounds like a booby trap...

DaithiMa wrote: »
    This is absolutely mental. What is going on in the world. Squeeze boobs while having sex? Sex offenders register for 5 years!!
    No.

He repeatedly injured her after he was asked to stop, ie consent was withdrawn.

I can only hope that anyone who thinks it's appropriate to injure a woman during sex, against her wishes, is some virgin who's been spending too much time on adult video sites.

Donal55 wrote: »
    Consented to sex but didn't want her tits touched!

Thats the part I dont understand. I thought a womans vagina would be more of a sacred ground than her diddies. Were they on display with a sign saying look but dont touch maybe she should has said that before having sex.

The way I see it is the guy got too rough and let his knob do the thinking but to be on the sex offenders list is a little too far.

Lesson to future guys if your going to have sex make sure you ask questions first it might kill the mood somewhat but its better than been branded a rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He repeatedly injured her after he was asked to stop, ie consent was withdrawn.

To what degree though? Not like she needed medical treatment.

If she did, I'd agree, but she didn't and so I don't.

To further my earlier point: if a woman scratches me and I tell her to stop, and she continues, surely I have to take an element of responsibility if she does so again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Was he swinging off them or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Once had my back cut up with long nails, drew blood, was just passionate and got a bit outta hand. But I was like whatever no harm done long term. I wish people would just have a bit of cop on

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

To further my earlier point: if a woman scratches me and I tell her to stop, and she continues, surely I have to take an element of responsibility if she does so again.

Ah Mr. Hook there you are.

She asked him repeatedly to stop touching her breasts. He didn't, he continued to the point of causing her trauma (bruising). Where's his responsibility here?

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.
    She did not want him to leave and did not want to believe what had happened.

'She wanted him to stay and discuss it. His demeanour then changed. He had tears in his eyes and said he needed to go and think about what he had done to her.

'He then stormed out the door. She was in complete and utter shock and texted him, imploring him to return.

She wanted him to stay and discuss it which to me she didnt seem to shook up.
    It wasnt like a full on rape it was sex that got a bit rough and he squeezed her breast abit hard, yes he was a right fool for doing it but to be on the sex offenders list......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

jonon9 wrote: »
    Lesson to future guys if your going to have sex make sure you ask questions first it might kill the mood somewhat but its better than been branded a rapist.

Alternatively, just listen to the person with whom you're having sex. If they tell you not to grab a specific part of their body, don't grab it... and definitely don't bruise it.

Ignorance of the whole concept of consent on After Hours never ceases to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Well, if the complaint the degree of force used (which it is here) then yes I do. How else can we measure if someone has been too forceful otherwise.

I think in any case where a person injures another, causes severe pain, bruising, bleeding...well they're straying into territory where they take their chances. The simplest course would be to refrain, rather than continue and hope that the consent was so clear and unequivocal that they'd have no grounds for complaint afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Jaysus the fcuking head in him :)

Some women like it rough some dont.

He looks like a right tosser. The kind of guy lots of women go mad for but lots of guys see him for the wanker he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.
    Thats the part I dont understand. I thought a womans vagina would be more of a sacred ground than her diddies. Were they on display with a sign saying look but dont touch maybe she should has said that before having sex.

She only said that after he grabbed them "forcibly", causing her pain...

Lesson to future guys and gals, if someone tells you you're hurting them, stop doing what you're doing, you're clearly doing it wrong.

So, what... If I grab a woman by the vagina, it isn't as assault because she doesn't need medical treatment??

Genuine question. Not sure I understand what point you're making here.

• Advertisement

RayM wrote: »
    Alternatively, just listen to the person with whom you're having sex. If they tell you not to grab a specific part of their body, don't grab it... and definitely don't bruise it.

Ignorance of the whole concept of consent on After Hours never ceases to amaze me.

If she didnt want her breast touched than she should have made it clear from the start guys are mind readers.

Advertisement