Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man squeezes woman's boobs too hard - it ends up in court - should it have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

I can't decide. I'm on the fence. Perhaps. Maybe. Who's to say really.
    First off there are two wrongs here. He should have just reigned it in when she asked the first time. Secondly, and far worse, she reported him for using excessive force when she could have just said 'Its not my thing, so can you please leave'. The punishment does not fit the crime here, and I do wonder is there more to this than meets the eye.

It may be a case that she felt jilted by him and wanted to get him into some kind of trouble. Did she mean for it to go this far? As far as ruining his career?
    She felt she was falling in love with him. She thought they were at the beginning of a relationship; a relationship she wanted to continue

Did the doctor stop returning her calls and texts? If a man hurt you so badly, why would you try to get him to return?
    He then stormed out the door. She was in complete and utter shock and texted him, imploring him to return

That doesn't make sense to me. Nor does the severity of his punishment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

His surname made me laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.
    it happened to Frank Drebin as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Ridiculous poll options so I didn't vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What happened to the kicked in the balls thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Considering ireland is short of doctors , i think we should employee a moneyball strategy to hiring doctors that are shafted for something minor like.
    We'd save a fortune, doctor is greatful for a job, we gain a doctor to our hse register...everyone's a winner

Hardly a loss to the profession, if he doesn't know how hard is too hard.

They're not apples ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Fair play to her. Consenting to sex is not an open invitation to do what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

No.

He repeatedly injured her after he was asked to stop, ie consent was withdrawn.

I can only hope that anyone who thinks it's appropriate to injure a woman during sex, against her wishes, is some virgin who's been spending too much time on adult video sites.

It's assault, sure, but it's not sexual assault.

Sex was consensual, the physicality was not. To put a label of sexual predator on a person who had consensual sex but didn't give a damn about causing physical pain is stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

With a set of gnashers like that, she's lucky he didn't bite them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

No it shouldn't, are you mad!
    Estrellita wrote: »
    First off there are two wrongs here. He should have just reigned it in when she asked the first time. Secondly, and far worse, she reported him for using excessive force when she could have just said 'Its not my thing, so can you please leave'. The punishment does not fit the crime here, and I do wonder is there more to this than meets the eye.

Here's the thing though. If someone grabs your arm and squeezes, you tell them to stop and they squeeze harder, then it's a type of assault.
    The OP mentioned a woman scratching him on the back, something similar happened to me. I didn't like it, I told her to stop but I put up with it because i was drunk and horny and having sex at the time.
    Now if a woman came up to me on the street or in the pub and scratched me, then did it again after I told her to stop, then it's definitely assault.

Different actions become acceptable during sex but there's still a line that can be crossed. Even people who are into BDSM and inflict/receive pain have a safe word and they take it seriously.
    In this case the woman told him not to, was in pain and was crying. He did it again and even caused bruising. He was obviously repeatedly using excessive force and doing something against her will. I'm definitely on her side with this.

I will say one thing though, I don't know if this guy belongs on a sex offenders list. A conviction alone would have been enough.

9or10 wrote: »
    Hardly a loss to the profession, if he doesn't know how hard is too hard.

They're not apples ffs.

melons?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

No.

He repeatedly injured her after he was asked to stop, ie consent was withdrawn.

I can only hope that anyone who thinks it's appropriate to injure a woman during sex, against her wishes, is some virgin who's been spending too much time on adult video sites.

It's assault, sure, but it's not sexual assault.

Sex was consensual, the physicality was not. To put a label of sexual predator on a person who had consensual sex but didn't give a damn about causing physical pain is stupid.

Your argument makes a lot of sense. He's obviously not a rapist and quite likely not a predator. The only counterargument to him being treated as a common assailant rather than a sexual one would be it was her breasts he did the damage too. Had he just pulled her hair and left it at that then charge him with affray, hair, at least on the head, not being a sexual body part. The sexual assault is present though because of where on the body it was. If he randomly attacked a woman's breasts in the street, he would be charged along sexual assault lines.

Well, if the complaint the degree of force used (which it is here) then yes I do. How else can we measure if someone has been too forceful otherwise.

I've mentioned the time I was jumped by scumbags. Knocked to the ground and had the **** kicked out of me. Only one thing needed medical attention and that's where they smashed a bottle over the back of my head.
    According to your standards my bruised and swollen face wouldn't have counted as assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Grayson wrote: »
    I've mentioned the time I was jumped by scumbags. Knocked to the ground and had the **** kicked out of me. Only one thing needed medical attention and that's where they smashed a bottle over the back of my head.
    According to your standards my bruised and swollen face wouldn't have counted as assault.

Poor comprehension there, Grayson, to say the least.

How the hell could your complaint be the "degree of force used" (which is what I specified).

Did you consent to a lighter beating from them or something?

No, you didn't and so therefore your analogy is a poor one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He sounds and looks like an absolute weirdo. He also acted mad aggressively by the sounds of it. Sex offender's list is some rough going, all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

100%. Delighted it went to court and is getting publicity.

I'm into BDSM and ironically enough, people who are into BDSM seem to be far better at understanding this than vanilla folk - people have what we call hard limits - things they 100% do not want to experience as part of sexual activity - and the number one most important thing is to never, ever breach those limits, unless the person in question specifically states that they've had a change of heart about it and would like to try it. Vanilla sex should be no different - if there are specific things which people don't like for one reason or another and they're very clear about communicating that (which it sounds like the alleged victim here was) then violating that is a massive breach of trust, and not something anyone should be ok with.

You can analogise this fairly easily to be honest. If you consent to sex with a woman and you tell her in no uncertain terms that you have no interest in - indeed, you have a serious aversion to - being pegged, only to suddenly feel the slimy, slippery head of a lubed up strap on dildo sliding its way between your butt cheeks while you're lying face down on her bed thinking she was just going to give you a blowjob, would you not be fairly appalled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The more I think about it the more I wonder if she did feel scorned because he didn't get in touch with her again and that's why she pressed charges. She may have let if go if they'd continued to see each other. Now either way what he did was sh1tty (if he did indeed do it and I'd be inclined to think he did). She probably asked him to come back to talk about why he did it but also to sort things out, I think it could have been adding insult to injury that he did assault her and then after he got what he wanted he fecked off and she realised that he didn't want anything exclusive. I am just speculating though and I assume the judge had a lot more to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

while you're lying face down on her bed thinking she was just going to give you a blowjob,?

Is your mickey at the back?

Mine is just a regular front mounted!:D

• Advertisement

"Grayson wrote:
    In this case the woman told him not to, was in pain and was crying. He did it again and even caused bruising. He was obviously repeatedly using excessive force and doing something against her will. I'm definitely on her side with this.
    The first time she said she felt pain, she didn't tell him. She moved position and carried on. He's not a mind reader. If she had gotten to the point of crying, why did I she still want him there?

They carried on and then she told him he was being rough. So, why is it that despite being hurt several times she never asked him to leave. In fact, she asked him to return? More curiously, decide make a report to the police later? The doctor wasn't coming back, assumably.
    I will say one thing though, I don't know if this guy belongs on a sex offenders list. A conviction alone would have been enough.

We can agree on this point.

The more I think about it the more I wonder if she did feel scorned because he didn't get in touch with her again and that's why she pressed charges. She may have let if go if they'd continued to see each other.
    At the risk of a little detail, the first time myself and Mr Est got together... we were wankered drunk. A lot of pent up frustration I can tell you. Now being a boob man he went to town on the melons, they didn't look right for over a week. I told him to chill a little, and he did. As things got more heated he appeared to have forgotten somewhat... Like I said, we were hot to go for each other and totally trollied. I knew he probably wouldn't have been quite as rough (or forgetful) if he'd a little less to drink and if it wasn't our first time. We were both nervous. I wasn't wrong. As we got to know each other and our bodies better, things adjusted. Still very much so a boob man, but thankfully far less toothy while giving them attention..

I didn't call the feds on him, I'm marrying him ffs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

"She felt she was falling in love with him. She thought they were at the beginning of a relationship; a relationship she wanted to continue."

I wonder if they'd continued a relationship, would she have filed a complaint...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

100%. Delighted it went to court and is getting publicity.

I'm into BDSM and ironically enough, people who are into BDSM seem to be far better at understanding this than vanilla folk - people have what we call hard limits - things they 100% do not want to experience as part of sexual activity - and the number one most important thing is to never, ever breach those limits, unless the person in question specifically states that they've had a change of heart about it and would like to try it. Vanilla sex should be no different - if there are specific things which people don't like for one reason or another and they're very clear about communicating that (which it sounds like the alleged victim here was) then violating that is a massive breach of trust, and not something anyone should be ok with.

You can analogise this fairly easily to be honest. If you consent to sex with a woman and you tell her in no uncertain terms that you have no interest in - indeed, you have a serious aversion to - being pegged, only to suddenly feel the slimy, slippery head of a lubed up strap on dildo sliding its way between your butt cheeks while you're lying face down on her bed thinking she was just going to give you a blowjob, would you not be fairly appalled?

Ah here, you position yourself as someone who has more knowledge about such matters, compared to regular folk, and then you compare a man squeezing a woman's boobs harder than she'd have liked...... to being raped?? (which it would be if the guy had refused consent to such a sex act beforehand). Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

only to suddenly feel the slimy, slippery head of a lubed up strap on dildo sliding its way between your butt cheeks while you're lying face down on her bed thinking she was just going to give you a blowjob, would you not be fairly appalled?

1 - how am I going to get a blowjob while lying face down on the bed?

2 - in your example, would it not be a bit daft if I receive this unexpected anal violation, object strenuously, put an end to said entry, continue on and have regular sex with this woman and then once she leaves, report her for assault?

Once sex changes to assault, you don't go back and finish the sex before you report the assault. It's ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

DrPhilG wrote: »

Your mind is limited by just vanilla sex
    I myself prefer pistachio, you should see what we get up to!
    Let's just say there's a frog, unicycle and a sombrero involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Tsssk Vanilla :D

Mellor wrote: »
    You can't with draw consent after the fact/
    'Consent' isn't a unitary 'carte blanche' that permits anything that might enter your head to do in the bedroom.

She consented to sex, she expressly withdrew consent for other things. What separates man from the rest of the animal kingdom, is consciousness over our own actions, our place in the world, and the consequent capacity for self-control.

It isn't rocket science.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Use your imagination...

Hatrickpatrick's point illustrates the issue perfectly well. It doesn't take a great deal of concentration to grasp it. Consent was given in this case, with clear, expressed limits as to where it did not extend, i.e. the infliction of pain to the woman's breasts. Obtaining consent does not give you the right to do whatever the hell you want, going beyond the other partner's limits.

If that's too 'legalistic' for some people, then don't have sex with that partner at all. But you can't just choose to go further than was permitted.
    Ridiculous poll options so I didn't vote.
    For Jesus' sake lads. This shit grinds my gears. It's called "a democracy"

Was it for this, the son's of Roisín died...?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Generally they can be moved in different directions... Is mine more flexible than most? :D
    Ah here, you position yourself as someone who has more knowledge about such matters, compared to regular folk, and then you compare a man squeezing a woman's boobs harder than she'd have liked...... to being raped?? (which it would be if the guy had refused consent to such a sex act beforehand). Laughable.

So let me get this straight: The sex act in my example, when performed without consent, constitutes sexual assault - but the sex act in the article, when performed without consent, does not?

EVERY sex act is sexual assault in the absence of consent. There are certain sex acts which are considered part and parcel of consensual sexual activity, sure - unless one of the parties specifically states that they are not comfortable with that particular act, at which point it becomes non-consensual if the other party(s) ignores this and performs it anyway.

Since the pegging thing is obviously considered in a different category to everything else for whatever reason, let's go again. Supposing you've only consented to a vanilla sexual encounter, you explicitly told the other person that you wern't comfortable with facesitting, and they climb onto your face regardless. Is that legitimate sexual assault in your view?

Where do you draw the line, and why? It's so much simpler to just agree that any sex act which a person has explicitly stated they are not comfortable with is non-consensual if somebody ignores that statement and performs it anyway. The woman in this article told the guy she didn't want her breasts touched. Touching them after this fact constitutes a non-consensual sex act - no two ways about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Fair enough he got a charge of indecent assault and must do 180 hours of community service. That's where it should have ended. To me that's justice given their testimony. He was being a prat and he will likely think twice about acting the same again hopefully. Isn't that the point? To be placed on the register list is an extreme punishment given the details provided by both parties and the consequences for him personally. He was treating her roughly and she wasn't having it.

I've been slapped across the head by one particular loon who after being told to cut it out thought it was hilarious when she tried it twice more until I got up to leave, I've had two women bite me in the 'throes of passion' on separate occasions leaving marks which weren't welcome, I've had one woman forcibly stick her thumb up my hole and after being told to stop then tried to do it again. These were all first time occasions too, so while the consent was there my consent to getting slapped, bitten and bum thumbed wasn't.

I could have reported all of them in the same manner as the woman in that article but I didn't. I just moved on with my life.

Advertisement