Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man squeezes woman's boobs too hard - it ends up in court - should it have?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I can't decide. I'm on the fence. Perhaps. Maybe. Who's to say really.
    RayM wrote: »
    Alternatively, just listen to the person with whom you're having sex. If they tell you not to grab a specific part of their body, don't grab it... and definitely don't bruise it.

Ignorance of the whole concept of consent on After Hours never ceases to amaze me.

Its After Hours for a reason.
    Personal Relations is thataway>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Sentence does seem excessive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Would be interesting to read the full court report as to why the magistrate thought he posed a risk of sexual harm to others and a restraining order was necessary...either way, fully expect Mr Queree to appeal against the conviction.

I guess the bottom line is; if someone asks you to stop touching their body in whatever specific fashion, the sensible thing to do is to respect those wishes.

I don't know what to think.

The problem seems to be that the man touched her breasts in such a way as to cause pain. The woman told him to stop and he did so. However he then started again causing further upset. In my opinion this wasn't right and he should have been respectful of her wishes.

If it were me I would have quickly told him to cut it out unless he wanted his balls squeezed in the same manner and that would be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not saying what he did was OK but his career and life destroyed and ending up on the sex offenders register is way OTT in my opinion in this particular case.

I've had someone scratch my back quite badly once, I asked them to stop and they apologised, only to do it again - enough to most definitely visible marks that were visible for days. I told them I was being genuinely seriously, and if they did it again that was it....and they did, and that was it, I was done.

Never would occur to me to consider it a grave sexual assault and that the onus was on me to shine the spotlight of the law of this menace to society to ensure they could never harm anyone ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

No it shouldn't, are you mad!
    jonon9 wrote: »
    If she didnt want her breast touched than she should have made it clear from the start guys are mind readers.

I suggest you read the article.
    Donal55 wrote:
    Its After Hours for a reason.
    Personal Relations is thataway>>>>>>

Your post makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.
    jonon9 wrote: »
    If she didnt want her breast touched than she should have made it clear from the start guys are mind readers.

She probably wanted them touched... just not grabbed and bruised. Theres a not so subtle difference there between the two.

professore wrote: »
    He received a non custodial sentence. His only obligation is to inform the Police of his whereabouts.

She should have grabbed him by the balls and squeezed. When he begged her to stop, squeeze harder. What kind of a wanker pinches a woman's boobs against her will? Pathetic.

On the other hand, she thought she'd snagged a doctor, he just played her until he got the ride, then dumped her, she got bitter and took him to court.

Having seen the photo, he's in the wrong. There you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

RayM wrote: »
    I suggest you read the article.

Your post makes no sense.[/QU

I have read it. Bottom line is the guy is a idiot for doing what he did, The lady didn't seem too traumatized if she wanted her "attacher" to stay and discuss it.

What he should of got was a serious warning and a fine but not the sex offenders list.

• Advertisement

professore wrote: »
    He received a non custodial sentence. His only obligation is to inform the Police of his whereabouts.

His life is ruined though. All his expensive education down the drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

This is the most sensible thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭DaithiMa

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Okay he should have stopped squeezing after being asked to. That is fair enough.But I still think 5 years on a sex offenders register is harsh considering it was during a consensual moment of passion, especially as she continued having sex with him after the first offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Probably an easy explanation for this.

Doc:there seems to be a problem with your breasts, can I weigh them for you?

Her:ok, you’re a qualified doctor after all

Doc: cupping breasts, says “whaaaaaaay”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

To paraphrase "don't let crazy stick a dick in you"

He deserves some punishment for being a sh1t, but the sex offenders register is a bit OTT, in that it might diminish "proper" sexual assaults.

Hope she isn't planning on breastfeeding ever, the poor baby might get an ASBO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

January wrote: »
    She asked him repeatedly to stop touching her breasts.

He didn't, he continued to the point of causing her trauma (bruising).

Aye, that's why in the OP I said that the guy showed:
    ....no consideration for how she felt.

With regards to responsibility: he should have been accepting responsibility for why he had just been told to get the fcuk out of a girl's apartment.

Not saying what he did was OK but his career and life destroyed and ending up on the sex offenders list
    First of all, being on the sex offenders list in this case has a finite limit. I'm not sure what stage of med school he's in, but it will only be five years. Not a lifetime, or even a decade.

Second of all, even if it were a longer time on the sex offenders list, it wouldn't have been an end to his career. Many doctors have lucrative careers outside of practice, such as in the pharmaceutical industry, other research, or even in corporate life- their skills of problem solving and track record in commitment to academic study are highly valued, and well remunerated, by employers.

In short, I wouldn't worry. I genuinely don't think his professional career will suffer, but there has to be a price to pay when you decide to assault someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm actually not sure what to think on this one. On the one hand I think what the fcuk she told him to stop numerous times and not only continued but he caused her physical harm, and he deserves to be punished for that- But on the sex offenders register and potential career struck off over it seems a bit harsh, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

From the snippet that I read, it sounds like she was grand with him touching her diddies at first, it was just when he kept squeezing the bejaysis out of them that it became a problem for her. Fair enough if she's not into having her boobs squeezed until they bruise, I wouldn't be a fan of that myself! The poor girl was crying and he still didn't stop doing it. I've sometimes had to say ''oh that hurts'' or whatever and the fella would stop what he was doing or change it, I wouldn't expect him to keep doing it. I think it was assault. Now would I personally go to court with it? No, I don't think I would. I'd think that he's a prick and I wouldn't talk to him again, but maybe she was worried he'd do the same or worse to someone else. I do feel sorry for him that he will be on the sex offender's register though and that he can no longer continue studying to be a doctor, for a one off minor offence like this then I think it's a harsh penalty to pay.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm actually not sure what to think on this one. On the one hand I think what the fcuk she told him to stop numerous times and not only continued but he caused her physical harm, and he deserves to be punished for that- But on the sex offenders register and potential career struck off over it seems a bit harsh, no?

No need to think about it any further youre 100% right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stingray555

Queree told the court he agreed that the encounter took place but insisted that all acts were consensual.

In his defence, Queree claimed that at no time did she tell him not to touch her breasts although he said she did at one stage ask him, in non specific terms, to be more gentle and he complied.

So it was his word against hers ....
    That gives me an idea, turn on the voice recorder thingy on the phone, just in case ....

anna080 wrote: »

But he hasn't been struck off anything. There may be a year or two when he is ineligible for practice, after he graduates, but he will be eligible to register with the GMC thereafter.

It kinda seems like a fair price to pay for assaulting someone. I'm sure hell decide to do a masters or a PhD before he eventually registers.

That gives me an idea, turn on the voice recorder thingy on the phone, just in case ....

Im not sure id like hearing that back.
    Or maybe:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

How thick was this guy??

They are having sex and she tells him that he's hurting her boobs and not to touch them. She's even crying from the pain. She's still up for sex and he promises not to hurt her again by touching her boobs. Yet he grabs them again!

I don't know about assault or if he should be struck off as a doctor but he should have to get "I'm a selfish pirk" tattooed on his forehead.

Really how thick can you be???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

He really must have lost a few brains cells that night , in his thirties , trainee Doctor , and they didn't use protection ?
    Had he not gotten to the contraception chapter in his studies or what 👵👵

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

First of all, being on the sex offenders list in this case has a finite limit. I'm not sure what stage of med school he's in, but it will only be five years. Not a lifetime, or even a decade.
    Who would employ a doctor that was on the sex offenders list? If any of their clients found out, I'm sure the news headline would along the lines of "hospital employs sex offender".
    She did not want him to leave and did not want to believe what had happened.

'She wanted him to stay and discuss it. His demeanour then changed. He had tears in his eyes and said he needed to go and think about what he had done to her.

'He then stormed out the door. She was in complete and utter shock and texted him, imploring him to return.

'She wanted him to come back and give an explanation and just could not equate his behaviour in the bedroom with his previous charming behaviour.
    In a case of "he said she said", she wanted to continue having sex, and texted for him to come back, but he fled.

I'm unsure why she'd want him back if he hurt her?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

2 things...

1 - what changed for her? After the act, despite her sore boobs, she was worried about him and wanted him to stay. She didn't seem to have felt assaulted at that point. Why did she go from "please stay, let's talk, I think I'm falling for you" to "I'm calling the cops, I've been sexually assaulted".

Sounds a bit like a woman scorned to be honest.

2 - as previously mentioned, it's his word against hers. How can someone possibly have their life destroyed like this on purely one person's testimony? That's a scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Second of all, even if it were a longer time on the sex offenders list, it wouldn't have been an end to his career. Many doctors have lucrative careers outside of practice, such as in the pharmaceutical industry, other research, or even in corporate life- their skills of problem solving and track record in commitment to academic study are highly valued, and well remunerated, by employers.

In short, I wouldn't worry. I genuinely don't think his professional career will suffer, but there has to be a price to pay when you decide to assault someone.

Only five years, as a registered. sex. offender. Nice to have your name added to that list alongside pedos and rapists. You say it so casually as if it's something he can shake off when the five years is done. It's likely something that will stick with him for life- as these things tend to. Yes he is a fcuking idiot for doing what he did but in my view this punishment doesn't at all fit the crime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I thought no but then I seen his picture and changed my mind. I know, unfair, but life's unfair.
    the_syco wrote: »
    In a case of "he said she said", she wanted to continue having sex, and texted for him to come back, but he fled.

I'm unsure why she'd want him back if he hurt her?

Looks like she was originally really attracted to him but he behaved like a maniac and hurt her, but she was originally really attracted to him, but he behaved like a maniac and hurt her... confusion.

Advertisement