Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time does trick or treating start?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Started an hour ago and already half my stash is gone.

One kid (well, about 12) actually asked me was that all I was giving him.

Hopefully he's on the jacks all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

My wife has gone out dressed as a (slutty) witch trick or treating with my eldest, I'm on my 2nd packet of haribo on door duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Can't wait til it's over now. Place is like a warzone. I genuinely fear one of my dogs will die of stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

hairyslug wrote: »
    My wife has gone out dressed as a (slutty) witch trick or treating with my eldest, I'm on my 2nd packet of haribo on door duty.

So she didn't bother with a costume then? Bad form :mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't hear the door with earphones on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Everyone is out here. My 3 younger sisters, the teenager, the adult. Mam's boyfriend went out in his cycle gear (legend) and Mam is gone as well. Even if little sisters weren't going out, I'd still have treats for the little ones. It's one night, about 20 quid in Aldi, well worth it to see how happy they all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

No one yet. First year in this house so not sure what to expect. Starting to hope I'll have to eat all the sweets myself with a movie tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It's one night, about 20 quid in Aldi, well worth it to see how happy they all are.

Same. We always have the hall and porch all lit up and some Halloween tunes pumping out. Only a few hours and our kids and the kids on the street really enjoy the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Just had a fellow old enough to have kids of his own wearing a Michael Myers mask. When he said trick or treat I laughed in his face and closed the door. Jaysus who would be that desperate for a few monkey nuts and a lollipop?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

GBX wrote: »
    Abuse and foul language

That's what you get for dressing up as Gary Glitter. ;)
    Lux23 wrote: »
    It is an Irish tradition - my grandparents would have knocked on doors asking for help with the Halloween party and it is probably far older than that.

The kids going door to door was not a tradition we had growing up.
    Then again it was the 70s and 80s.
    Yes there were parties and bobing for apples, eating loads of nuts, searching to get the ring in the barnbrack, etc
    If you asked a kid about any of those things now they would look at you as if you had two heads and didn't know what a tablet was.
    Not really. It was a night for tricks and pranks certainly but the calling door to door is relatively new.

Very America I think.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Mad isn't it how children weren't mass kidnapped back even in the early/mid 90s on Halloween when we used to go trick or treating?

Ya child.
    You should have been around in the 80s or worst still the 70s.
    Children were made work in those days, no time for kidnapping.
    Horses were the things being kidnapped in those days.
    Augeo wrote: »
    A guy was telling me that in the 80s when himself and his buddies went trick or treating in New Hampshire they'd bring the sweets to the local hospital to be x rayed (for bits of blades etc) before consuming them :eek:

New Hampshire ehhh.
    Did our hospitals even have xrays in the 80s ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've had 4 lots round since about 5.30. Anyone who calls during the bake off final, good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Lackey wrote: »
    Just had a kid wearing yellow rain jacket holding a red balloon
    He got extra sweets!!

I don't get it - what's he dressed up as?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

13 total so far of 3 groups. Not 1 parent said thanks and 1 little ****er asked for 1 more as I given his pal 3 lolipops over his 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

begbysback wrote: »

This:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

begbysback wrote: »

He was dressed up as Michael Myers a deranged serial killer from the movie Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Not one caller so far. The joy of living in a gated apartment block. Oh well, it looks like it's just me and these four bags of fun-size bars for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Not a single child to my door yet. Obviously waiting for the football to start on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

It is not an Irish tradition and i'm against allowing children out after dark to knock strangers doors. That could be very dangerous and not a good message to be giving to children.

The fúck it isn't, I've been doing it since 1983 "Help the Hallowe'en Party" we called it back then. Oranges, apples and all different kinds of nuts instead of sweets and chocolate. Fireworks from the north and sparklers out the front before going to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭axcel

Lost track of number of kids to the door so far, running very low on candy....I'm afraid :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I've had 4 lots round since about 5.30. Anyone who calls during the bake off final, good luck!

Apt username

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm about to go out with the young fella, wish me luck.....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭axcel

Lizcent wrote: »
    Lost track of number of kids to the door so far, running very low on candy....I'm afraid :eek:

Ì've raided our biscuit stash.... am down to the last viscount. Have sent himself on an emergency run to the shops. Hopefully I survive till he returns

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Lights off, headphones in, bag of fruit pastilles. Do not disturb.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Lights off, headphones in, bag of fruit pastilles. Do not disturb.

Ya miserable so and so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We have had about 100 so far, kids are either getting taller or they are still trick or treating well into their teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

It's like being in the middle of the final battle for Raqqa here. I'd love to experience a Halloween elsewhere just once to see if it's any better. Maybe it's like this everywhere. We've only had one child so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've never seen so many kids out for trick or treating as I've seen this year. We ran out of stuff and my mum had made loads. My sister ran up to the shops to get more.

Usually we have loads left and I can binge... not this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ran out of sweets, lights out, pretending noone is here, the shame, yet the bell keeps ringing...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

vicwatson wrote:
    Ya miserable so and so

Some people don't like Christmas. I love it. Some people feel nothing for Halloween, also me. It's called personal choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Have had a few around, two of them were my own. So cute them trying not to laugh at daddy not knowing who they were.

Advertisement