Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time does trick or treating start?

Options
  • 31-10-2017 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

What time is it start tonight.

I want to know what time to have the cats in at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Is it ok to stick an electrical charge to the doorbell? I'm thinking 2.5v, not trying to kill them or anything - just a nasty sting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

when the sun goes down,

The sugar hungry monsters emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

begbysback wrote: »
    Is it ok to stick an electrical charge to the doorbell? I'm thinking 2.5v, not trying to kill them or anything - just a nasty sting

Get out now and buy loads of sweets while you still can you fool!

Normally dark between 6 and half 6 - kicks off then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

2 lots - about 8 kids - here already. They were 5 years old or younger, so out before it got dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I used to start as soon as it got dark, so I'd have time to get to as many housing estates as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

More importantly, what time does it bloody finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

begbysback wrote: »

Try and aim for about 24v , 2.5v is just a tickle.

Keep the current down , ya don't want to be cremating any little ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I know the trick or treat I'll give them.

A good crack on the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd say after 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

when the sun goes down,

The sugar hungry monsters emerge.
    I've seen more out and about from 3-5pm than later in recent years. I'm in a relatively quiet area for trick or treaters but I'd say a good 80% have come and gone before it even starts to get bright.

Either we're at the start of the route for most of them, or I've got to feel sympathy for those kids. Being allowed out and about after dark on Halloween as a young kid (while looting all the sweets you could and quietly learning to curse the monkey nut houses - what is the deal with that!?) was one of the most fun nights of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I started at lunch time, few more houses to do in the area then its off to the next housing estate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

GBX wrote: »
    I started at lunch time, few more houses to do in the area then its off to the next housing estate

What kind of stuff are they giving you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Grouchy fcuk that lived close to us when I was a lad used to dip raw onions in chocolate and then stick a lollipop stick in them for the trick or treaters:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What kind of stuff are they giving you?

Abuse and foul language

• Registered Users Posts: 51,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It is not an Irish tradition and i'm against allowing children out after dark to knock strangers doors. That could be very dangerous and not a good message to be giving to children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Brussell sprouts dipped in chocolate.

We head out with the kids about 5.30/6.00 I find before that a lot of people aren't ready

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Once it's dark so usually starts about 5.30. I remember as a kid beibg dressed up early on + wait for it to be dark so you would be allowed out. Never had calls when it's bright. No need for kids to go out that early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We are expecting the 1st few younger kids any time soon, then from 6 till 9, I may as well just stand outside with bags of sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

There's more Christmas movies on tonight than horrors.

Load of ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I would expect trick-or-treaters between 5.30 and 8.30. Bangers have been going off since 10am though, and every day for the past two months, so the cat is already in. I wouldn't view the trick-or-treaters as the problem when it comes to posing a threat to pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It is not an Irish tradition and i'm against allowing children out after dark to knock strangers doors. That could be very dangerous and not a good message to be giving to children.

It is an Irish tradition - my grandparents would have knocked on doors asking for help with the Halloween party and it is probably far older than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I would expect trick-or-treaters between 5.30 and 8.30. Bangers have been going off since 10am though, and every day for the past two months, so the cat is already in. I wouldn't view the trick-or-treaters as the problem when it comes to posing a threat to pets.

I have one cat in, just waiting for the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I have one cat in, just waiting for the other one.

Waiting for my fecker to come back too, he's been out since early morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Pity they hand out sweets and not towels at Halloween because you should dry the f*ck up. It's a bit of harmless fun.

Lux23 wrote: »
    It is an Irish tradition - my grandparents would have knocked on doors asking for help with the Halloween party and it is probably far older than that.

Not really. It was a night for tricks and pranks certainly but the calling door to door is relatively new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I know the trick or treat I'll give them.

A good crack on the arse.

is that you kevin spacey

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LLL11

Is 8:30 too late to start? I won't be home to bring the little fella before that but don't want to annoy people either

Oh give over. It's a bit of fun for them. The 'message' is just your mind running riot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jaysis, some awful miserable ****ers in this thread!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement