Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Bristol are founders and shareholders, I assume they would be in a 12-team Premiership.

The team who it seems would miss out are London Irish. There has been rumours about Pro 14 membership for them in the past but its a very difficult thing to make work because the RFU would need to approve it. Maybe one day it might be possible for London Welsh and London Irish to join, would certainly be an interesting experiment.

Was there talk of Sale or Bath considering a move to the pro 12 a few years ago?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

It would appear Laporte is back in front of authorities again in France, facing more allegations of corruption is best I can gather from google translate.

Article from l'equipe here

So...Laporte was shown la porte...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

:pac:

This is someone saying explicitly that relegation doesn't necessarily do either of the things! They're equally valid arguments, he says!

He hardly pulled those arguments out of a hat. He used those examples because they were /are in common usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

swiwi_ wrote: »
    So...Laporte was shown la porte...
    Did they not break down la porte of Laporte?

I suppose they could have knocked on la porte of Laporte first.

• Advertisement

Was listening to a podcast this morning on my way in and it was interesting to hear that apparently Tandy had completely lost the dressing room (senior players at least) at Ospreys last season and that Webb and Biggar going was probably as a result of him and not necessarily a desire to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Was listening to a podcast this morning on my way in and it was interesting to hear that apparently Tandy had completely lost the dressing room (senior players at least) at Ospreys last season and that Webb and Biggar going was probably as a result of him and not necessarily a desire to leave.

Which podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Losing the dressing room doesn't mean it's a lost cause. Joe lost the Leinster dressing room remember.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Losing the dressing room doesn't mean it's a lost cause. Joe lost the Leinster dressing room remember.

said George Hook ..... one month into Joe's Leinster career.
    The following day BOD and Leo went into Joes office to tell him to ignore Hook and that the team were fully behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's pretty much impossible to come back on, if it actually happens.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's easy enough to happen, turn left too early and you're in the toilet.

Which podcast?

Blood and mud. Used to listen to it after seeing it referenced on reddit. Then didn't for a while until someone mentioned it on here last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

sydthebeat wrote: »
    said George Hook ..... one month into Joe's Leinster career.
    The following day BOD and Leo went into Joes office to tell him to ignore Hook and that the team were fully behind him.

Whoosh?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Whoosh?

sorry, wasnt obvious to me.

im slow, i need a ;) sometimes to cop these things

;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ho hum....
    One of the dullest and most unanticipated weekends of the year this one...
    What the bloody hell is there to do???

#7moresleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Drama.

"'I'd have to face the indignity of reporting to Rassie': Coetzee blasts SA Rugby in letter to CEO"
    http://www.the42.ie/alistair-coetzee-3820188-Jan2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

MJohnston wrote: »
    Drama.

"'I'd have to face the indignity of reporting to Rassie': Coetzee blasts SA Rugby in letter to CEO"
    Did you read the article? Doesn't reflect well on the SARU tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

MJohnston wrote: »
    Drama.

Whatever about the SARU destroying his reputation and rendering him unemployable, that letter will fairly nail the coffin closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I've always had an opinion of "How hard can it be?" when it comes to linouts, but watching the Canada v Uruguay match makes me appreciate the great second rows and hooker we've had!!

That includes Rory and Paul O'Connell, I'll not stand for provincial bias in this Six nations time.

EDIT But by God it's annoying listening to commentators talking about the "five line"!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Eddie is the American connection that brought the young lad over to the Leinster sub academy

'What happens to the guy who's 6'5", 18 stone and runs a 4.8 second 40-yard dash?' http://the42.ie/3819061

• Advertisement

Eddie is the American connection that brought the young lad over to the Leinster sub academy

'What happens to the guy who's 6'5", 18 stone and runs a 4.8 second 40-yard dash?' http://the42.ie/3819061

It's very interesting that it was Eddie... because it makes IRFU involvement fairly unlikely given their relationship!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

It's very interesting that it was Eddie... because it makes IRFU involvement fairly unlikely given their relationship!

Yeah it looks like they don't really mind what academy in what country bthe lads go into. Just getting people with ability another chance somewhere

Now if there was an American exiles system that could be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The article suggests that it's very much a private enterprise and the initial beneficiaries are the team EOS is coaching now (Old Belvo).

It's an interesting project. They're essentially setting themselves up as am independent scouting contractor for teams in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Buer wrote: »
    The article suggests that it's very much a private enterprise and the initial beneficiaries are the team EOS is coaching now (Old Belvo).

It's an interesting project. They're essentially setting themselves up as am independent scouting contractor for teams in Europe.

That might be incorrect, there was an approach form Leinster to EOS, who in turn contacted Fitzgerald in Hawaii who suggested 3 players, and only one was taken up ... that's what was suggested last month... whatever the truth is, it looks to be a bit of a game changer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That might be incorrect, there was an approach form Leinster to EOS, who in turn contacted Fitzgerald in Hawaii who suggested 3 players, and only one was taken up ... that's what was suggested last month... whatever the truth is, it looks to be a bit of a game changer now.

Is there an article from last month available somewhere?

Is there an article from last month available somewhere?

If you have a look on Facebook and search out the Hawaiin lad, he's an islander called Fitzgerald but is a huge influence in getting Polynesian kids sports scholarships on the mainland

If you have a look on Facebook and search out the Hawaiin lad, he's an islander called Fitzgerald but is a huge influence in getting Polynesian kids sports scholarships on the mainland

So in this version of events Leinster approached EOS who approached someone called Fitzgerald. And Wesley Liddy is who? Someone The42 just invented out of thin air, maybe someone who exists only in the mind of Eddie O'Sullivan?

Actually if you think about it it goes even deeper. Wesley -> Old Wesley -> Old Belvedere. Liddy -> Cappy -> Captain -> Captain Ciaran Fitzgerald! It's obviously a pseudonym. This goes all the way to the top.

So in this version of events Leinster approached EOS who approached someone called Fitzgerald. And Wesley Liddy is who? Someone The42 just invented out of thin air, maybe someone who exists only in the mind of Eddie O'Sullivan?

Actually if you think about it it goes even deeper. Wesley -> Old Wesley -> Old Belvedere. Liddy -> Cappy -> Captain -> Captain Ciaran Fitzgerald! It's obviously a pseudonym. This goes all the way to the top.

If that's what you wish, ok.

This is the guy who facilitated the deal, I messaged him last month if you want to message him and see what's what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I see the Aussie women's 7s team won their home tournament without conceding a single point.

Fair dinkum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement