Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

4400nk is the max package in Nigeria which is €2.73

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭G1032

Seen the same stats on a couple of websites re netflix prices, that Ireland is the 4th most expensive country in the world for Netflix subscription. Nuts money here. It's not within an asses roar of being even nearly worth it.

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/countries-netflix-cost/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Poolboy19

I just signed up to India with Nord, same account details etc. Took payment with a BOI CC, do ye think that'll be shut down shortly too?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Couldn't get India to work for me using cyberghost vpn but Cambodia would without need for sms-9.99 dollars or 9.24 euros for top package, used an aib debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Does account sharing with the premium Irish account , so if you had 4/5 people sharing the 20 euro per month so it would work out at 60 quid a year or a bit less ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm sure they'll pull you for having it in multiple homes at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I appreciate Netflix can clamp down etc etc but it's very dodgy keeping money for a service not provided. I think that could backfire on them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Very poor form. I couldn't dispute my payment with Revolut either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I couldn't get Pakistan this late, tired, on my phone after discovering after 10pm it was gone. Started a chat with them and got the same run around as everyone else. Noticed I paid 6.29 for 4K on 8th Feb but managed to get Kenya using the Tunnelbear Free VPN. Windscribe and Tunnel bear didn't have Pakistan so maybe when they find the populations of Kenya, India and Pakistan rise even higher they'll catch us out again.

For me, switched to Kenyan VPN all via my phone. Paid with exact same Aib Credit card as Turkey and no text needed just approved from AIB app and went through. Temporary hold on my card appears to be €7.14 and that's for the 4K plan after all. Lot better than €20+ for the little we watch. I did not create a new account or use a different email, same email, same card, same users.

My mother shares my account(I'm very clearly the type of customer Netflix doesn't want) so can't be dealing with her asking what she can't watch the crown or something. Only this evening she asked about who owns her YouTube music account, said that is my Argentinian YouTube account but I don't use that because I've my Spotify "family" instead. Haha, sounds like karma caught up with me.

Whilst trying to get my Kenyan netflix working. I had my Turkish Prime Video on in the background.

What we do to save a few quid eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ECookie13

It's so strange how they seem to be spotting and nuking geo dodging accounts lately, a couple of days after sign up, but not refunding the payment that was taken. That is extremely dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's still cheaper than what others are paying for India, even paying using vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Result tonight with India!

Using the Hola VPN browser on my desktop connecting to India, then open Netflix making sure goes to the Netflix India site. Created a new account with a new email address. Selected the package (make sure it's in India Rupee). Select payment type and put in my Curve card number (which is linked to my Revolut card). It then sends a verification to your Curve app and then confirmed payment taken in Curve/Revolut apps.

Took a bit of trial and error but persisted and got there in the end. Payment went through after the verification @ 649 rupee or just over €7.32 for the full viewing package. Just logged in there and it's working fine. Lets see how long it lasts, got almost 6 years out of the Turkey deal so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'd wonder if some execs sat around a boardroom and thought "if we force them to their own country they'll pay us full whack surely.

Who is old enough to remember Xtravision? They told people that they couldn't rent a DVD because they brought the last one back late or whatever and people just said "ok, can't be ars-ed so" and just before the company crashed financially they said "all debts will be written off if you all just come back" and if was too late.

Nearly every Software company considers their financial future(a mix of other elements also of course) and earnings on ARR or MRR , in this case monthly recurring revenue. If you cull tens of thousands of customers that is a problem. Stock is down today for Netflix as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

used nordvpn to connect to india with my existing account.

didn't accept the revolut card after card verification. bur accepted PTSB debit card.. ah well. 649 rupees. lets see how long that lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Also had my Turkish account shut down this morning.

Set up a new Nigerian account tonight!

Used VPN unlimited to connect to Nigeria on my phone. Signed up using a fresh email address and entered a new card (Irish An Post Mastercard).

Payment screen then took me to verify by mobile number (Nigerian) - signed up (topping up $10) on sms-man.com to get Nigerian number.

Confirmation code received to Nigerian number in sms-man dashboard and then entered code on final screen of signup page on phone.

Success!!! Payment was taken - worked out at €2.63 for Ultra HD plan. Email confirmation of account received.

Checked Netflix app on Firestick, TV and phone with new account and all working.

Hopefully I’ll get a little while out of this account

Probably worthwhile watching through Nigerian VPN once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

I managed to sign up via Mexico but I’m getting errors saying ad region not supported or when I switch on vpn it’s saying to switch it off. Any way around that? Is there a cooling off period or what are the chances of getting money back? Not chancing that for loads of countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Also beware of the phishing texts, b’stards have copped already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Ahh, and they just took payment a few days ago, and Turkish account gone . Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

My Turkish account was shut down as well.

Signed up via Kenya (Thanks Berty!) I needed a verification code so I used the PingMe app, cost about 2 or so euro to top up, got verification code and put it in, Paid with my Curve Card no problem. About 4.46 for standard plan.

It's only myself using the account so no need for the 4K plan. Happy as can be now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

vpn unlimited is not picking India but US server hence USD prices..try windscribe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What Irish card did you get it to work with ?

Tried my PTSB, N26 and Curve cards but no joy signing up for Nigeria. Was able to get the Nigeria prices shown through VPN Unlimited / KeepSolid.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

An Post debit (Mastercard) worked for me for Nigeria. Had tried Revolut and N26 card but both of these declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭bren2001

Everyone said the same thing about their crackdown on password sharing and subscription numbers (and hence revenue) continues to rise.

3 Turkish subs = 1 Irish sub. They only need a 1/3 resignup rate to break even. That’s not hard. I’d expect a higher proportion to sign back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Turkey gone for me too. Had it for about 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 js2010

I had Turkey account for last 3 years, canccelled last night. Anyone signing up again using different email/country?

just have read of the last few pages ...

your mileage may vary

who has copped? Netflix or the mexican cartels;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Failed all attempts to signup.. got on to chat.. sound lad, but could not get him to open up payment window in the chat.. but he kept saying, just use gift cards. I might give it a go.. So tried turgame and its a bit of a nightmare of a site.. OTP is a bit of a PITA on it.. then made the mistake of verifying my account using my Irish number, now only wire transfer is available for payment. Is this the norm or would more card options be available if using a Turkish number? How does everyone else pay on Turgame?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

Are you ppl getting email about cancellation of Turkish sub or just doesnt let you login anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

You don’t get an email you just get shadow banned for breaking terms and conditions

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement