Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭G1032

It lets you log in but when you try watch something it'll bring you to subscription page.

India still working this morning in this house. 🤞🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Nigeria working for under €3 who needs Turkey

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

got no cancellation email or refund. just unsubscribed.

what id be wary off is subscribing with virtual sms provider. me thinks they will use it to for ongoing comms to confirm your status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

I'd say it's far more likely they'll monitor IP usage and do another blanket sweep in 30 days (or less).

A guy on Reddit from the UAE was complaining about being dropped from his cheaper Pakistani subscription, so it's not looking good for simply hiding out in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Don't use vpn to sign up to True Game. You should see prices in Euro. Use Irish phone number to verify.

It's worth the effort to set up. €6 per month for Premium 4k Netflix. For Turkey gift cards have been the most straight forward option for the last few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Can't remember if I used a VPN or not.. if I didn't would I have an option to pay in IE card?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

suppose that is a given now. sms is just an extra tool they can use..

from their T&cs

4.3. You may access the Netflix content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content.

and another great revenue stream.. allow ppl to sign up and then shadowban them next month just after debiting the sub.. with no comeback on payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Do the 200TL gift cards cover the 229TL premium charge? It would be annoying to have to buy multiple cards for each month.

Don't really want to load more that a month given the current situation.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No they don’t, why would they? You would need to my multiple cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

How did you get around the sms verification for Nigeria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Danmj

It didn't look for it. Used vpn unlimited turned on to Nigeria open netflix and got Nigerian price. Entered credit card details turned off vpn to verify card details, once verified turn vpn back on to finish setup

• Registered Users Posts: 28,824 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For me, my sub comes out beginning of month but not a big loss in that regard.

My first thought of as my account had been hacked so it's at least a relief in that regard seeing other posts here.

Tried last night to sign up to Nigeria, turkey and India. India showed in dollars using VPN Unlimited and the revolut didn't work for the other 2. May try with AIB card later, though might get flagged for having small foreign payments taken out. Or may try the turgames route for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Folks, are ye using same account when moving from Turkey or do I need to create new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Been using my AIB Credit Card for paying for Netflix in Turkey, and India now. Has never been an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

PTSB card. Exact same setup as you i.e. VPN unlimited. Luck of the draw I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭gar

Bah

Tried that (as in turned off the VPN for credit card)and then it charged me the full irish price and no streaming service in the account now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used the same one.

Interesting how the chat guy recommended using gift cards. I'll be throwing on a programme every month with a turkish vpn to tick that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

It will be re reverted in about 12 hrs. Same thing happened to me yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 photovoodoo100

Just signed into India but left on the VPN when verifying card and it worked accepted with no problems so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

+1, back in Sep 2019 my Turkish Netflix Premium account was cancelled (reason on chat was suspicious activity) but they automatically refunded the prior 2 months of payments made to my Revolut account. Re-signed up to the Standard plan but couldn't get it to accept Revolut so used an AIB credit card which had been working since.

Also had my Disney Turkish account cancelled after about 5 months into a yearly sub paid upfront (prices had increased a lot from 350 to 650 TRY in interim and suspect that might have been a driving force). That was automatically refunded to Revolut also and signed back up again at the higher price using a fresh email address which is due to expire in Apr.

I'm still hopeful they're refund payments taken for services not rendered as otherwise it's a very grey area. Like others I have a couple of family members on my plan who use it a lot more than me but waiting a few days to see what if anything transpires or if other new accounts are being shut down.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

So, my turkish sub has been cancelled. Tried to login and restart it from india. Everything was going smoothly up until the payment menthod, entered revolut and requested verification from card, pressed ok and then "there was a problem with the payment method"

Im not paying irish prices for this trash that i only keep it for the children

So anyone else managed to resubscribe?

My ipvanish vpn has no nigeria

I wonder what if we manage to subscribe through different country and have always the vpn on while watching. Will this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

my netflix also cancelled, was using n26, cancelled due to "suspicious activity"! Tryin to resubscribe with a different (Revvolut) card in Turkey but not joy!

what is the solution? Is this just the new normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭This is it

I couldn't get anything except an Irish card to work for India, Revolut physical and virtual gave errors. Once I got it working I tried to update the payment details and same again, getting errors. Will just leave it on the Irish card for now.

it is like the same question on repeat, people don't like reading the thread it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

My turkish account stopped working today, just keeps asking me to set up a new account. I had been using my turkisk revolut account for last few years with no problems. Last payment was on 02nd february, so should be still valid.

Is this the end??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I can't register on Turgame.

Anywhere else to buy Turkey vouchers?

Post edited by cullenswood on

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭in2dark

What is the story with irish "families" similar to the disney and spotify ones? Does this work or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Wonder if VPN provider makes a difference with trying to sign back up and card being declined, using vpn unlimited I can make it to payment with nigeria but declining revolut, aib,boi cards. Used a new email address for sign up too. If I disable vpn at checkout though it will take the card but charge irish price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tried a few times myself this morning using unlimited vpn and windscribe. Only card they would accept was my curve card but oddly then it wouldn’t accept my phone number I got from sms-man.com for turkey or Nigeria. Bye bye Netflix. Too much hassle.

Advertisement