Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Mine was also canceled today. They took my payment last night and they refuse to give me a refund and told me to take it up with my bank. Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Try the sms route with your AiB card. Worked for me.

mrrandom1233:27 pm

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121812288#Comment_121812288

Sure

Using Macbook. Connected to Windscribe VPN in Turkey

Used Chrome Incognito. Signed into my Netflix account and went to sign up again.

Entered my Curve card details. I was then asked for a Turkish phone number for Netflix to send vefiication code via SMS

Created account https://sms-activate.org/en. Topped it up by 1$.

Go to Activations on https://sms-activate.org/en - select Netflix as service and Turkey as country. Add to cart and buy.

Enter the number given to you on Netflix and then you should see the verification code appear on https://sms-activate.org/en

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Pakistan seems cheaper than Turkey, Rs 1,100 (€4). Anyone try there with a credit or gift card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Tried signing back up again with Revolut which I was using but "Problem with your payment" keeps flashing up. Tried with G2A gift card but I'm getting the same message. Logged in via Windscribe VPN.

Got it working in the end by making a new account. Added Rev card as backup payment. If it doesn’t accept payment from the Rev card when the gift voucher expires I’m done.

Post edited by jakdublin on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks for this. Unfortunately didn't work. Get through to sms verification with Curve card. I get the verification code but when I input that code on Netflix it tells me there was an error processing card. I was 100% not going to bother with any of this, yet here I am still trying to get back in🙈🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Tried this to reactivate my Turkish account only this time I was using Argentina VPN, used same Revolut card as with Turkey only this time it worked. Got to the SMS verification, used same service as you. All worked. I never realised Netflix premium €10 in Argentina at the moment:(

well, better than €20 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

People using Irish bank cards for India what kind of charges will u pay? or they are covered in ur txn currency conversion?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Got it to work with my PTSB debit card.

used an incognito tab and a new gmail account.

VPN off, and signed up with new email address.

Went through to select the plan, and tot he screen where you select you payment method, and stayed there

Turned on VPN to India, clicked the browser back button twice to return to the plan selection screen, which will now show the plan in rupees

Selected to 499 rupee plan

Then clicked the next or continue button to go back to payment selection screen

Keyed in my PTSB Debit card, then asked to validate via the bank app, did that and it accepted it.

Was then brought to a screen and asked to enter a phone number, I just ignored it.

Signed in on netflix app and its all good for now !

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

I ended up just buying the Netflix gift vouchers loading them up on the account as it kept blocking trying to add Irish bank card and prompting for turkey mobile number.

It looks like I might just need to add Turkish Netflix vouchers going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Netflix premium plan in Nigeria is 4400nk which is roughly €2.70 which is surely worth a try

The internet isn’t for everyone

Ugh. F*** this

Windscribe. India. Getting through to card verification. Confirmed card on Revolut. Then get the 'appears to be a problem with payment method..... '

Same with Curve

And same with N26

Edit. BOI debit card worked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I am trying India on VPN but keeps showing price in dollars. Anyone had this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah I had that earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

this worked for me using expressvpn (pick india via singapore for the server - signup for their annual plan and you get 7 days free. if you cancel within 7 days you wont be charged) and a curve card

did not work with windscribe or solid vpn (aka vpn unlimited)

did not work with n26 physical card or revolut virtual card

no sms verify required. the only suggestion of sms was if i wanted to add a recovery phone number which i did not.

it cost me 7.25eur (649 indian) it would seem

Using VPN Unlimited but no go so far

Tried my alma mater of Turkey but won't work despite trying various cards and using an SMS service to verify using a Turkish mobile

have edited my post slightly which will probably help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

How does this work in Ireland since we don't have ads? €25 for Sky TV and Netflix, even if you have access to the TV channels by other means, is not as bad relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mobius2021

I have VPN Unlimited - India didn't work so went with Ukraine.

Hope that works long term. If it doesn't they can stick my sub up their holes 😁

Just got Nigeria to work. Using my Irish card

Guess we'll see for how long but comes in less than 3 euro

Had to start with new email so history gone but I'll get over it 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I was cancelled today. It was working last night. I was subscribed in Turkey for at least a year and a half.

I spoke with the Live Chat in a bid to try and update my card details directly. It was pleasant and structured at the start - I was informed my account was cancelled to "protect members against unauthorized charges" and that they "sometimes cancel accounts that show signs of unusual activity". I played dumb and said that I hope my revised card would solve the issue.

The tone changed.

"Your account is cancelled"

Why?

"We have noticed the activity on your account does not match the same & this activity is not aligned with the practices to the country you are in".

"Do not use this account. Do not keep anything linked to this account."

The agent knew what was going on as well as me, and this was clear from how they phrased things outside of the stock answers.

I'll be fine, and I've other ways of getting media, but my parents are big users and it's hard to justify the large monthly cost for the service. Convenience over quality. And that's now €8.99 paid tonight for the basic service for them - 720p only.

what did you get for 3eur? the max package or the basic one?

how much did it cost and for which package please.

Now I've 2500 Turkish Lira in my Revolut. Lol. Keep or sell 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mobius2021

€9.99 for the 4k package

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My lira payment was refunded automatically by netflix in the last few minutes

Forget that.it might have been me paying today in lira. Refunded 20 e

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭user060916

Got cancelled, tbf I only really value Netflix at around €10 for the top plan anyway so just going to leave it a month or two and see if I miss it.

No wonder everyone is moiving to dodgy boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭This is it

Got sorted via India

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mrrandom123

Actually I don't think you don't get the ads. But no 4k and more importantly only 1 device

Advertisement