Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Disney isnt gone, I reactivated mine the day they cancelled it and it has been working fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I signed up for a new account in Turkey with a new e mail address and used a G2A card,I got to the verification by SMS screen, started googling for SMS services and reading this thread and couldn't find any where with a Turkish number so lost heart went back to Netflix just clicked the Netflix logo to go to the home page ( i think) anyway it's working for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Urgh, like everyone else, finally booted out of Turkey today.

I would just let it cancel, but it's very useful for my 4yr old.

Back to paying €15 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Ive tried 3 different countries now and they just will not let me sign up a new account on a vpn. wont even take a new email let alone enter any payment details.

Damn you Netflix and your evolving technologies.

Good ride while it lasted. Ive had full premium for 4 years I think, good few quid saved. Ill keep trying for a bit because I LOVE netflix games on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I wonder how much business they will loose as a result of this. 449 lira a month is better than nothing. For me it will be nothing. I can't justify 15 a month every month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

If mine is cancelled the I'll have to pay the 15. My young kids use it quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Id say loads. Netflix isn't the must have that it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Mine blocked too 😞😞

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

My Turkish sub got cancelled too , I always just paid with my AIB Visa debit for about the last 5 years and never a problem , Anyway...

Every time I tried to log in it wouldn't recognise my password when I had the VPN running so to get it working I just logged in as normal got to the payments page where it was €21 or whatever for the full package , Then I switched on the VPN and selected India , went back to the payments page and refreshed and it and it gave the prices in Rupees , selected the full HD pack for 649 Rupees (its only €7.60) so still dirt cheap and added my payment method (AIB Visa debit) and just asked me to confirm with a txt from AIB, which I did and now its working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

God damn it, knew this day would come. was a sweet few years, really can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I think they will lose quite a lot of revenue

t’s not worth €15 a month really, my curve card expired a few months back and after a few weeks of being annoyed I couldn’t update it we all just got used to it

a decent plex or emby service for the win

The internet isn’t for everyone

I tried this exact method with argentina and didnt work. every time I switched on and off the vpn to get the local prices it said problem with payment

I tried it with India vpn, it got past the sign up, enter revolut card, took the details, confirmed with revolut, back to netflix, confirm and then it still says "problem with payment"..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭bren2001

If you try your card too much, they effectively block your account sign up for 24 hours. At least that’s what they told me when I switched from Argentina to Turkey a few months back. I just went gift cards for that reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

As others have posted, my account was shadowbanned today.

What grates me is that they only took the payment for another month a couple of days ago, was subbing through turkey for 6 quid or whatever. They have been going through some inflation by the way, its increased from a couple of euro in less than 12 months.

Told the wife I probably wouldn't renew, asked her what we used it for and she said peppa pig lol

T..T...T...That's all folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Was going good until it asks me for mobile number to send code

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Set up a new account via India, used Revolut and all good again, €7.34 for the top package

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Same here with Revolut but avantcard worked no problem. Might be a case of trying cards until one bites ( until they crack down in India too at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cheers lads, Turkish one stopped today so followed the steps above, went as far as paying with Ireland, turned on vpn for India, confirmed, had to press restart membership again went through steps and now back working… for this month at least

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

Had the exact same problem, so tried it with AIB card, and it worked (someone above said they did it with N26 as Revolut didn't work, but their friend was the opposite, so it seems to be random as to which card will work.....maybe just a different one to what you used previously).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Same here, turkish account kicked today.

But just tried India account with revolut but not working for me, I get to verification step, and verify on revolut I get the error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Im on express VPN to india when I do it

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

I couldn't add Curve when setting up the India account so used avantcard but it let me add Curve as a back up without a problem. No idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Luna84

Yesterday I was watching a show for a bout 2 mins and kept getting errors which never happened ever but I said must be an issue then tried to watch today and got kicked out and Netflix was asking me to subscribe. It was a good ride while it lasted but the kicker is I only last week paid for this month. How will I cancel that payment from Revolut or do they stop taking my Lira now?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Same as everyone got kicked from my Turkey connection and same for another account I setup for someone else.

Using VPN can go through the motions but it's the SMS front Turkey that's stopping me completing.

Anyone any ideas how to get that or another workaround. Not paying €20 a month for Netflix.

Cheers

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PapaBooje

VPN set to Ukraine (using VPN Unlimited), payment with Revolut debit card - €9.99 for Premium plan, no questions asked. Better than Irish rip-off rate.

you can get temporary website accounts to send verification SMS codes to. Google "receive verification SMS in <country of choice>" and try one of the websites

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭bunderoon

This worked for me. I used my Android phone with Winscribe App. For Netflix Payment I kept my card as before. Stayed with Turkey aswell.

I did use a once-off revolut digital credit card to pay for the SMS service. I wasnt going to put my debit or credit card into that site..

Thanks a millon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Re what library you see being based on where you are or where you sub - short answer is it depends. If you have an EU account then you will have your home country's library when you go anywhere else in EU. So if you have an Irish account and go to spain, you'll still have irish library.

If you have a non EU account or you travel to a non EU country with an EU account then you'll have the local Netflix.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I tried that, but any card I tried failed, so it was just easier to set up a new account and start all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

same here. turkey sub got kicked..

using vpn trying to renew ,revolut card got me the "problem with your payment" error. my aib CC wanted turkish phone number..

not sure whether to bother with the likes of india or keep trying with turkey using process above. deffo not paying irish prices.

Advertisement