Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

No.just buy the gift card as normal. It gets sent to your email you have registered. Just remember when applying the gift card on Netflix that you have vpn for turkey in place. I just use the free one on the opera browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

No.just buy the gift card as normal. It gets sent to your email you have registered. Just remember when applying the gift card on Netflix that you have vpn for turkey in place. I just use the free one on the opera browser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

I loaded a Turkish gift card on to my account last week without a VPN and it worked no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Works for me once I dont use some of the more well known VPN brands.

Post edited by TheValeyard on

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Sorry, just seeing this now.

There is a setting tab (IIRC) and just went in there and updated the payment to the new card that I had already added using the website. No VPN or Turkish number was needed.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's obviously the version of the app I have on my Nvidia shield cos there's no option to view my account details or edit my payment options.

What device arr you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭bunderoon

I'm using a firestick.

I couldnt add a new payment card in the app on the stick. But I was able to switch payment type (cards) in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

With UB leaving the Irish Market and having to set up a new bank account I'm gonna have to change my payment details. Was using my debit card from UB, have a feeling this is gonna be a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Hey lads, I was being asked for a Turkish number for verification, I couldn't seem to be able to pay for credit on 5sim to use that route. Somebody else previously suggested inputting payment details via a PlayStation, I had Turkish lira loaded up via Revolut, popped in the card details on the playstation and it went through no bother! So that should hold for a good bit!

Wouldn't know a awful lot about PlayStations but yesterday I asked my son to open up Netflix on his one and I couldn't find any way to go in to settings or to edit payment methods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Hi folks, can someone explain to me, why you need to create an irish account first, cancel, then renew via <other country> - can you not just subscribe via <other country> first ?

If you use a Turkish VPN you can set up a new account but can only pay using gift cards in Turkish lira, it won't accept an Irish credit/debit card or revolut.

Not all vpns seem to work any more either, only certain ones do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

I bought a 100 TL voucher from G2A and managed to sign up successfully. What do I do to pay for next month? I have my Revolut set up as a backup payment as the remaining 6 tl is the main payment. Do I just keep adding vouchers from g2a or will I leave it as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Leave it as is, and the 6 TL will hopefully be taken along with your backup payment option and that (hopefully) should be you

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

It won't work unless you have a card that is from the country you are trying yo set up for. You should try and find out for yourself 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

I let my Irish payment lapse today. Found I couldn’t log in to Turkish Netflix at all, got password errors and unable to reset the password errors. No issue logging in with vpn off.

Didn’t have any issue logging in via Colombia. Bought a Colombian gift card from g2a.com. No issue redeeming it on Colombian vpn. Playback seems fine off vpn. Standard Netflix plan was €5.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

My revolut account had dropped in money, so my payment was denied. I topped up but I then couldn't re-verify my account as Netflix were looking for a Turkish mobile number to verify. I saw someone mentioned to try resubmit the payment using Firestick netflix app and I just tried that and it worked.

Might help others with issues. This might only work if you already have a payment method in your netflix account. Thankfully my revolut card is valid until 2027, so long may this method continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Reading the above, I'm having the same issue. AIB card was linked to Turkey Netflix - card got hacked at the weekend so I had to cancel it and get a new card.

Can't add the new card to Netflix account via any platform (app / desktop / sky box etc), with or without VPN on - just getting an error.

Hoping to maybe get something working once the payment fails on the 28th of December and try messing about on fFrestick etc when notification of no payment pops up.

Not many seem to have actually got Turkey Netflix it working with an Irish card from what I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Did anyone’s price not go up when it was supposed to in Oct? I received the email in Sept saying it was increasing but was charged same price Oct and Nov. Got another email yesterday to say it would now be increasing in Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Don't know about a price increa6, but it no longer seems to accept my Revolut card as payment. A real pain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

mine increased to 94 Turkish lira per month since October

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mine went up during that increase. It was cheaper in September than it was in October, Nov and this months just went through today at the same price as those two previous.

So what's the current state of play? I had a Revolut loaded with lira but lost the card, can't put my new card on as a payment method (doesn't seem like there's an option to anymore with PlayStation either), I bought a gift card but it's not allowing me to redeem it, any tips on the go?

Are you using a vpn @oodles19 ?

I am yes, I just managed to get a gift card through there but I can't add my new Revolut card unfortunately. This might all be moot in a few months anyway, as I had the max subscription to allow family members in different homes to use my account, and that looks to be on the way out from the looks of things...

A follow up on the above.

Logged into netflix there today hoping to see an payment failed screen but payment went through for €3.54 (when converted from Lira) on the AIB account and the new AIB debit card is linked on the Netflix account.

So I'm not sure how - did it update automatically? And they pulled from bank IBAN etc? Or in my messing around I actually added the new card, but yet I didn't get any email confirmation saying such or had to authorise the card in any way. And old card was listed as payments method up until the other day. So it's a mystery to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just note AIB debit is screwing you on charges for currency exchange. It's 1.75% which is prob 5-6c but it's min 65c. I'd keep trying to add an alternative card and when it works, change it to primary card.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

My aib visa credit card expired recently and my new card started to be debited the next month without me doing anything,card number didn't change but expiry did so it was automatically changed by netflix turkey.

69.99 Lira on any exchange market is circa €3.52, so can't see this extra charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

from previous posts i clicked on chat support and you should be chatting with an Agent and ask for a back up payment method this way you can add your card / revolut and that should work.

Advertisement