Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Do I have to remove my Revolut card from Netflix before I can sign up with the Turkish gift card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I don’t think so. Leave it as a backup option. When you use the gift card to get the ball rolling hopefully Netflix takes the remaining gift card credit and combines it with your backup option as payment for the month. Hopefully from then on it just takes it from the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

This is what happened for me. I bought one Colombian gift card and applied it. Once that first month ran out, the payment method defaulted to back to my Irish card and COP26,900 was taken from it successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Morning, so Argentina went up to 16e for a 4screen HD account.

Whats the easiest country to transition to?

Is it still , cancel account, let it expire , next day you VPN and sign in with country of choice and sign up and it should take payment from card on account still? (i know it wont be this easy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Bastard's are increasing the turkish netflix, for me it'll increase to about €6.50 (4 screen HD)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To be fair, everytime Netflix increase the price in Turkey the lira craps the bed and it ends up not really affecting us too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can you imagine being Turkish and seeing the price increase though? Thats 41.99 to 54.99 (May 2021) to 77.99 (June 2022) to 93.99 (Nov 22) to 130.99 Feb 23. 3 times the price.

Looking back to 55trl days, I was paying about 5.40. so dulpit is correct, the price increase isn't massive for us

Post edited by TheDriver on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gotta pay for another Harry & Meghan documentary and dating shows. Cancelling al the scripted shows isn't helping enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

Get Turkish Prime Video for about 40c/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭muloc

Interesting. Is there a thread on how to do this?

• Advertisement

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058167266/cheap-prime-video/p9

Got email today

We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to TL 97.99 on February 18th, 2023.

Will go up to €4.78 from €3.47 (2 screen)

I struggle to find anything to watch on it these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

"updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment" When they ban country hopping they will find themselves short of millions of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Anybody successful in updating payment details for Argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Same, find it very hard to find anything of interest to me. I find myself more and more reverting to the High Seas 😉

I have Netflix basically free as I have a 100% rebate and at this point even with my being "Turkish" I am finding less and less value in it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I got an email earlier saying my plan will go up to 130.99 TL. It's the 4 screen plan. So many price increases....

Will this impact those paying monthly with Revolut?

16 digit number, cvv and expiry possibly not changing?

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0123/1349882-revolut-users-here-to-get-irish-iban-within-months/

Hopefully as long as the card details remain the same we should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Pakistan will end up being the cheapest after this comes into effect won't it.

I'd assume card numbers will stay the same, it's only the account IBAN that's changing. It happened already with brexit with no change to card details.

• Advertisement

We should be ok so 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

I got it done this morning. The account ran out yesterday.

Got a 200 TL Netflix Gift Card from Turgame.com for €11.01. The code took a few hours to arrive, glad I did this on a previous day. The is going to last two months on the Standard plan. It was the more expensive price at TL 97.99.

For the VPN I used Windscribe as a Windows application. I set this to Istanbul. Open a browser, then incognito.

Opened netflix.com and signed in. Resigned up to the membership. Put in the CVC for my Revolut card, and it failed.

Click on other method and entered the gift card. Worked straight away, happy days.

Thanks everyone, for all the info on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I also got the email also for the Turkish Netflix price increase (131 TL per month).

Had a good read of this thread since signing up and it seems like a complete pain in the arse signing up now. People are using gift cards now? I presume adding your Revolut card via the curve app no longer works?

I can’t see myself unless something substantially cheaper region appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Pakistan would now appear to be €2 a month cheaper than Turkey, for the top tier subscription. Assuming this is accurate

Has anyone attempted to move from Turkey to Pakistan yet?

Turkey with Revolut has been working well for me for the past 3 to 4 years if not longer. I'm not going to jinx it for the sake of €24 if that is the saving.

Im sure the process is the same, but probably not worth it for such a small gain. Pakistan prices could increase any time too, you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Lads is it just a revolut card I need to sign up to Turkish or Pakistan Netflix?

Getting fleeced with Irish prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

Just checked Pakistan Netflix and it says prices range from 250 Rs to 1100 Rs which converts to €1 to €4.36, would that be right?

Seems much cheaper than turkey Netflix if so.

Works out about €1.50 less for the standard plan. If you’re signing up new maybe try Pakistan but I won’t rock the Netflix boat. There’s stormy seas up ahead!

• Advertisement

I wonder will they impose password sharing stuff on Turkish subscribers? Seems like they'll only try it on countries that'll go with it

Advertisement