Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

i logged onto chat in Netflix through express vpn. Asked straight for link to update details and go it. Working again till the next time Rev want to update cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Were you prompted for a Turkish mobile number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Got an email that they're raising the Turkish price yet again, up to 93 something now...seems to be less and less worth watching IMHO...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭timefora_J

I had to use the gift cards as both my N26 and Revolut Cards weren't being accepted.

Contacted Netflix on the VPN and explained what was going on, he said I need to try again in 24hrs but to do so without VPN, Proxy, etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks. Were you replacing the payment method or adding a backup?

Irish account, VPN turned on.

I'm adding a backup, when I was setting up the account my card wasn't accepted so I opted for the gift card as a temporary solution.

I've tried to add both my N26 and Revolut card but both are being rejected again after waiting 24hrs but on go.

It's an Irish account and I'm using the Hola VPN with Turkey selected

I could use the gift cards indefinitely but adding the bank card would be far more convenient.

Any tips ?

I've tried again to update my payment details using N26 and Revolut and no go

Here was Netflix chat supports response:

"The payment method that you are trying to use is not eligible to pay for Netflix

We accept the following cards, which must be enabled for recurring e-commerce transactions. NOTE: You may need to enable your card for international transactions. Visa MasterCard American Express Maestro Troy credit cards NOTE: 3DS is not currently supported. Please turn off the feature on your bank app or website. If the bank does not allow you to turn off 3DS, you will need to choose a different payment option."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

haven't been on here in a bit, I've been using Turkey for Netflix successfully through Curve card (Linked to revolut card) for the past 2 years. I didn't know about the G2a.com Netflix Turkey gift cards. Just purchased 500TL worth of vouchers and loaded them up. I can see that my account is not paid up until April 2023, So I take it that payment won't be taken from my curve account until all the Vouchers are used up?

Also, FYI I, I didn't need to log into my account using VPN to add them to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

Another price increase for Netflix turkey I received the email this morning. Is turkey still now the cheapest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you sure you didn't get a late email? As I got notified about changes two weeks ago that will come into effect this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's probably the same email reported here earlier, I assume they send the emails based on your renewal date so they are spaced across the month... Its the 2nd (or 3rd maybe?) in the past 12 months or so.

It’s going up again in November, got two emails and a notice when I logged into Netflix today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭in2dark

We have been informed about the 93.99 3weeks ago. Panic over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Yeah, I got the email as well. Still a decent deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

At current rates the new price is just over a fiver for the top plan. €5.08

Anybody complaining about that price compared to the Irish price is a serious tight arse.

I haven’t seen one person complain. However, it’s quite a significant percentage increase since this time last year would be interesting to know the comparison with other countries. Used to be Mexico that people would subscribe to

• Advertisement

Just checked my Revolut. In May 2021 the charge was 54.99 TUR, which came to €5.44. The Lira has crapped itself, so now my charge is 93.99TUR, but that equates to €5.07...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's Turks that I feel sorry for. They have seen a 100% ish increase. We are paying the same after conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

My curve expired end of september and new still not arrived so decided to put revolut on my account.Couldnt top up 5sim to gey virtual sim so decided to go on live chat told them didnt get sms and she send me link to update my cc.

Im sorted now till 2027.Im going to buy 100€ worth of lira as is worth feck all now due to their inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Price increased to 93.99 lira for turkey ! still cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭orwell77

Managed to update my card by doing live chat using VPN and asking for the in chat payment screen, took a while and a few times of asking but fair play to agent Mohammed, he eventually put up the screen.. I’m good now til 08/26,

thanks to all the help on this thread 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cfc_1905

Looks like they are clamping down now need to have Turkish VPN on all the time when you try and access from the UK you get a GEO restricted error.

Not true in my case.Didnt use any vpn today and agent sent me link with payment window no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Can you do chat on the phone, or must it be pc / laptop?

I did on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 michstarz

Hi Everyone,

I set up my netflix account with Turkey Lira accidently I stared watch netflix with turkish vpn on . Now when I turn VPN off I have error message that I can't use my account in this location (error M7111-5095) . My question is do I always have to use VPN when watching turkish netflix ? Is anyone have the same problem and got it fixed ?

Advertisement