Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 someguypotato

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me here.

I got a notification that my Netflix is expiring in 7 days due to no payment method. Previously I was doing the voucher method using Turkey - bought keys off G2A, turned on my VPN to Turkey and logged into my Netflix account in an incognito window and then went into my profile and clicked redeem vouchers. However now when I do try to enter a new voucher I keep getting the following error:

"An error occurred during gift redemption. Please try again later."

Does anyone know how to get around this? This is the same method I've been doing since March this year and it worked fine, but now it isn't. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 michstarz

I was using the same method like you but I had to wait 12 h to get this gift voucher activated. Please try again tomorrow. should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

I had a Mexican account and have just managed to resubscribe in Turkey but with a lot of effort. I let my Mexican account expire, bought a gift card from Turgame and tried to restart membership while on VPN in Turkey but my gift card wouldn't take. I contacted 3 different people on chat but to no avail, they told me to turn off my VPN and try again. I tried to get them to give me the window to put in my Revolut details but to no avail. I used every internet provider out there, none of them worked. Someone on my account restarted membership in Ireland on that same day so I was charged in Euro for another month. In the meantime I opened up a new email address and new Netflix account while on VPN in Turkey but again met a brick wall, it wouldn't accept the gift card I bought or my Revolut card or credit card.

Fast forward to one month later, my Irish Netflix account expired. I tried again to VPN to Turkey and upload the gift card for a few days before the membership expired but to no avail. My membership expired so the following day when I logged in with VPN set to Turkey, I tried to enter my Revolut card but it wouldn't take. I then tried the gift card and miraculously it worked. Reading other posts, it seems like people have better luck restarting membership after having an Irish account. I also removed my phone number before the membership expired which was a tip a read here some time ago. I have tried to add my Revolut card as back up but it says it won't take, however it was my primary method of payment before and it still seems to be still there. I'll know next month if it uses it as my backup payment as I only bought a 100 TL gift card.

I had success using Windscribe VPN and chrome incognito to log in to netflix.com. No need to pay for Turkish sim, I just put in my Irish number when it wanted to verify my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

hoping to get this up and running through turkey later this week when my Irish sub expires, is revolut no longer an option or is it hit and miss?

or would I be better trying the gift card route?

would appreciate any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

that would explain why i needed a vpn on for the first month after usiing turkish vouchers to rejoin,Thanks for that info

• Advertisement

does it matter what device you do it on, phone, laptop, TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marios096

hello guys i want to register to pakistan netflix. i used to have netflix from Argentina and when the prices went up i tried to register for india but without success. Is there any way to register for Pakistan? I used Revolut but as i saw they blocked it and i am searching for an alternative solution

my Irish sub expires today and I was going to add my revolut card to the account but I noticed this and decided not to cos it looks as if it would've restarted my membership?

"By clicking the “Save” button below, you agree that Netflix will automatically continue your membership and charge the membership fee (currently €14.99/month) to your payment method until you cancel. You may cancel at any time to avoid future charges."

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

I was looking to add my new virtual Revolut card via in chat Payment form for Netflix Turkey. Had no luck spoke to about 6 support agents all giving the same excuse, that they could not provide the in chat form as I was no longer active/paying for Netflix.

So I have resubbed for a month(Irish Netflix) and I am going to try sub to Turkish Netflix next month as the card I have added onto my Irish Netflix is a new virtual Revolut card.

I'm hopeful that I can just choose the Turkish streaming plan via VPN .

I logged out of my account earlier and switched on Turkish VPN and went incognito, logged in to Netflix turkey and reactivated my membership, it went through far too easily so I reckon I'm still going to be charged in euro, will know for definite in a few days when it shows on my bank statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

it was definitely the Turkish website and my VPN was on but I didn't see any price when renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭cullenswood

My Curve card had to be re-issued so the current one got declined by Netflix. Got onto chat, happen to be in Belgium at the moment on work and told them this, they sent me through a link to update my payment details straight away.

I used my Revolut this time, which has an expiry in 2027 so should be sorted until then. All worked fine, no need for VPN etc.

If I add €100 worth of TRY onto my Revolut, will it use that automatically every month, or will it keep taking EUR converted to TRY?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It takes it from the TRL until there isn't enough. But I wouldn't get 100 worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭cullenswood

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's a series amount of TRY to have. But it's up to you. I'd put maybe 40 or €50 worth on there. Those lower amounts should last a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Try is stable or dropping so I wouldn't go too far into the future.

I am asking if anyone knows a revolut alternative that i can register internationally or in europe that is working for Netflix. When i was searching for india some people recommended wise or n26 or gcash. But when i tried to register they wanted india or pakistan ID and i am from Cyprus.

But the local banks doesn't work that's why i am asking

• Advertisement

Curve is working with India and Pakistan?

Pakistan is not so tricky?

checked my bank statement and €14.99 was taken. :(

obviously did something wrong, will try again next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hi folks, is OP still correct or does it need to be updated or direct to a different post? thanks

@Xcellor

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Hi - have you gone past the 1 month period and does it revert to normal access after that period? My account only works on VPN now since I signed up for Turkish Netflix over VPN. Not ideal as can't use VPN on phone or Smart TV as far as I'm aware anyway. Can anybody recommend good VPN service for a month?

windscribe.

After the 1st month my netflix account automatically worked without any need for a vpn and I was using windscreen and surfshark.

Sorry windscribe

just set up a new account for netflix turkey and paid for 1 month using a gift card and i can view content without using a VPN. :)

• Advertisement

im in the uk if that makes any difference or not?

Advertisement