Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Just got the below email from Netflix, that's a scandalous increase. I'm on the 4k family plan

We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to 54.99 TL on June 9, 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Can I ask did you have to buy Netflix gift cards specific for Turkey, or will na do? Where did you get them from, if Turkey specific, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks a lot

https://www.g2a.com/en/search?___currency=EUR&query=TL%20net

€15.40 is the most expensive that I have seen it in the last few weeks, I bought my last one at €13.13 a couple of weeks ago, it is all to do with fluctuations in the TL to Euro rate so perhaps just check each day to see if it decreases in price

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

https://www.g2a.com/en/search?___currency=EUR&query=TL%20net

€15.40 is the most expensive that I have seen it in the last few weeks, I bought my last one at €13.13 a couple of weeks ago, it is all to do with fluctuations in the TL to Euro rate so perhaps just check each day to see if it decreases in price

Ok, thanks a lot for that. So when you added this to the Turkish Netflix account, it never asked for any other payment details, such as credit card/Revolut, did it? That's where I was getting stuck, it wasn't accepting my card, but this gift card idea might be a great start. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Changed to mexico from argentina last night..Had cancelled and left it run out.. Used Hola VPN on phone, turned off location and wifi, renewed in a few minutes using existing Revolut (mastercard) for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Maybe it's the vpn I'm using then, anyone get it to work with surfshark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Sausalito00

Hococop wrote: »
    Maybe it's the vpn I'm using then, anyone get it to work with surfshark?

I tried with Express VPN,didn't work. Then downloaded Hola and that worked. Uninstalled Hola then

I tried with Express VPN,didn't work. Then downloaded Hola and that worked. Uninstalled Hola then

Is it free? Also any risk using a free VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Tony H

express vpn don't have a physical server in Turkey , subscribed to proton vpn for a month , my sub runs out tomorrow so hopefully the transfer will go without a hitch .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You do anything different?
    No, I pretty much followed the guide in the OP. I used Tunnelbear as my travel agent.
    My Revolut card is about 2-3 years old, not sure if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sausalito00

Is it free? Also any risk using a free VPN?

Yes, Hola was free. I wouldn't know about any risks, I just downloaded it, used it for about 5mins and uninstalled it

• Advertisement

No, I pretty much followed the guide in the OP. I used Tunnelbear as my travel agent.
    My Revolut card is about 2-3 years old, not sure if that makes a difference.

Yeah got my card about 2 years ago, could be my vpn, I'll try another one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Changed to mexico from argentina last night..Had cancelled and left it run out.. Used Hola VPN on phone, turned off location and wifi, renewed in a few minutes using existing Revolut (mastercard) for payment

OOC why go to Mexico from Argentina?
    Argentina is cheaper than Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

okidoki987 wrote: »
    OOC why go to Mexico from Argentina?
    Argentina is cheaper than Mexico.

Apologies, changed to turkey not mexico

just changed from Argentina to Turkey using proton vpn , took my revolut card and I had already verified my Irish phone number beforehand so no problem there , thanks for all the advice posted from previous bargain hunters in this thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Tony H wrote: »
    just changed from Argentina to Turkey using proton vpn , took my revolut card and I had already verified my Irish phone number beforehand so no problem there , thanks for all the advice posted from previous bargain hunters in this thread .
    Tried all the above to no avail. last thing to do is change from revolut to aib debit card for the first payement and log on that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My Irish month finished but had an issue with updating my card. Now it seems none of my cards are being accepted be it on the Irish or Turkey site.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Anyone else having an odd issue, if you head into "Manage payment info" there is no card details anymore ?
    Must be a bug, but wondering if it is just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

Tony H wrote: »

Can i ask whey did you move to Turkey from Argentina. I thought Argentina is cheaper and has bigger library.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Can i ask whey did you move to Turkey from Argentina. I thought Argentina is cheaper and has bigger library.

there's a digital tax in Argentina which brings the monthly 4 screen price to over 10 euro while the price from turkey is around the 5-6 euro mark depending on currency exchange rates .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Library isn't equated to sign-up country, you can use a VPN and get that country's library easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

FINALLY got this to work! After multiple failed attempts with my physical Revolut Visa card, I applied for a Curve card and was able to use that successfully this time around. My VPN was fine all along. Set region to Turkey and was charged 4.01 EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Am on this last 2 years, paying through Turkey on revolut exchange

Got denied payment this morning, Netflix asking to update payment details. Nothing wrong with the card, tried another revolut card, refused as well.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

my revolut card also not working.

4real wrote: »
    my revolut card also not working.

am on chat to them here, trying to resolve.

hope this isnt the end of it

Let us know how you get on, similar situation here. None of my cards accepted.

GBX wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on, similar situation here. None of my cards accepted.

will do theyre sending me details now and Im to raise with revolut... should know in a bit

Its revolut.

Revolut made some changes with virtual cards and converted them to debit cards which changes the nature of them.

Theyve done this without consent and Ive got the "sorry about that, we did it with our customers best interest in mind" :mad::mad:

Netflix have this on their payment options so it could well be that they dont accept virtual debit cards.

"
    Virtual Cards

We accept virtual cards in select markets. If your virtual card is declined, please choose a different payment method."

Revolut chat support offered to either create a new card or "unterminate" my existing virtual one which Ive opted for. I'll see how this goes.

Netflix said to leave it 4 hours before trying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Don't forget if all else fails netflix vouchers work perfectly. Slightly more expensive

Makes sense but my physical cards were not accepted by Netflix either.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Makes sense but my physical cards were not accepted by Netflix either.

small further update. I got a different rev support guy on he said all users were told about this change via email. Sure enough buried amongst a million other mails I dont read, there it is saying virtual cards will stop working after 19 may so as your service providor (for me its netflix/youtube/prime) goes to take the next payment, expect them to start failing.

There is a new debit card in my cards now. Im going to try that with Netflix later on. Netflix chat support pretty good.

Advertisement