Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cd23

Anyone ever get an error when trying to use a gift card on Netflix Turkey? I had the correct gift card for TL , was using VPN and when entering gift card it was being rejected. Seller sent me another one and it was also rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Cd23 wrote: »
    Anyone ever get an error when trying to use a gift card on Netflix Turkey? I had the correct gift card for TL , was using VPN and when entering gift card it was being rejected. Seller sent me another one and it was also rejected

Yeah had that a few times but tried it a few more times and it took.
    I cleared browser history and logged out and the redeemed using Netflix.com/code and then logged in

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cd23

Yeah had that a few times but tried it a few more times and it took.
    I cleared browser history and logged out and the redeemed using Netflix.com/code and then logged in

Thanks alot! it worked this morning! I actually downloaded Firefox and it worked straight away (With chrome even with all settings deleted it still was blocking it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

so last month i couldnt get turkey to work with my vpn , so went with argentina .. all good , cancelled sub 3 days ago .
    yesterday i cleared my browser history and cookies , Signed into vpn ,(seed4me) opened netflix , and followed the links to return , just clicked through , price was 54.99 that was it. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

John mac wrote: »
    so last month i couldnt get turkey to work with my vpn , so went with argentina .. all good , cancelled sub 3 days ago .
    yesterday i cleared my browser history and cookies , Signed into vpn ,(seed4me) opened netflix , and followed the links to return , just clicked through , price was 54.99 that was it. happy days

What card you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

the revolut card on the account ,

i added revolut card to my irish sub as secondary payment option , three months ago ,
    this was before my move to argentina ,

John mac wrote: »
    the revolut card on the account t ,

i added revolut card to my irish sub as secondary payment option , three months ago ,
    this was before my move to argentina ,

Yeah have revolut as my main payment but just can't get it to work with the vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Just got an email this morning that my 2 screen plan for Turkey is increasing from 29.99TL to 40.99TL from June.

On the grand scheme of things I know it's only ~1euro extra a month for me for a 35+% price increase seems drastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Thank you all for the suggestions and information here.
    Here's what worked for me.
    Once the account expired logged out of everything including TV
    On the laptop opened SurfShark VPN (I have a subscription) then Chrome and checked its showing Turkey
    In Chrome logged in Netflix and as soon as logged it asked if I want to renew my subscription.
    renewal came up in Turkish Lira
    Tried Revolut - nope, "something went wrong"
    Revolut Virtual - "something went wrong"
    Curve - "something went wrong"
    N26 - "something went wrong"
    BOI debit - Yay. renewal worked.
    Afterwards I have changed the prefered card to Revolut so hopefully, it will work with Revolut next month.
    It's such a random dip, everyone seems to have a different experience. What worked for some is no go for others. ..
    small follow-up
    in Revolut created new virtual revolut card.
    Then in netflix without VPN deleted old Revolut card and added new virtual revolut card (valid until 2026)
    still without vpn changed preferred payment to new Revolut card
    it worked, payment is taken out of the Virtual Revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

small follow-up
    in Revolut created new virtual revolut card.
    Then in netflix without VPN deleted old Revolut card and added new virtual revolut card (valid until 2026)
    still without vpn changed preferred payment to new Revolut card
    it worked, payment is taken out of the Virtual Revolut card.

Created new Revolut virtual card and tried to add with it no vpn on as back up card and still got the same error message, very frustrating. At the moment I have no card on it as it won’t accept any of my cards so I bought a few gift cards so paid up until September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

I got this working using the AIB card I had stored on my profile already. I wouldn't accept my Revolut card, real or virtual.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Done exactly this at the end of last month so wondering the same. Guess I'll find out in about 3 weeks time!

Just to update that once the gift card expired yesterday it took the payment from my Revolut car which I had been paying with in Ireland. Might be worth a try for those who had the same issue when trying to renew in Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I added my Revolut virtual card as a second payment method, the preferred payment is still my AIB card.

I cancelled my sub which expires over the weekend. Will see what happens when I try to renew via VPN to Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Created new Revolut virtual card and tried to add with it no vpn on as back up card and still got the same error message, very frustrating. At the moment I have no card on it as it won’t accept any of my cards so I bought a few gift cards so paid up until September.

Exactly the same for me, same old frustrating error on the newly created revolut virtual card...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

AngelaRI wrote: »
    Exactly the same for me, same old frustrating error on the newly created revolut virtual card...
    I travelled to Argentina (don't worry, I virtually quarrantined) and it worked for me using Revolut today.
    It worked out at about €5.90 before tax - close to €10 after tax.

I travelled to Argentina (don't worry, I virtually quarrantined) and it worked for me using Revolut today.
    It worked out at about €5.90 before tax - close to €10 after tax.

You do anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tried to add 2 different cards to my Irish sub and wont accept. Live chat said try again later. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭ooter

Was just about to reactivate my account through turkey but noticed this bit Only people who live with you may use your account. Watch on 4 different devices at the same time with Premium, 2 with Standard and 1 with Basic.
    Has this always been the case, I assumed the same account could be used in different locations?

ooter wrote: »
    Was just about to reactivate my account through turkey but noticed this bit Only people who live with you may use your account. Watch on 4 different devices at the same time with Premium, 2 with Standard and 1 with Basic.
    Has this always been the case, I assumed the same account could be used in different locations?

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1203520/

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭feargantae

I had a sub with a Turkish Giftcard with no card attached. Sub expired and i cancelled it. Used a VPN incognito and the first time it asked me for a Turkish phone number despite my Irish number attached, since then i keep getting the usual error about something going wrong with the card. I reckon I've blocked the account because of the failed attempts. Anyone any ideas? I'll try again tomorrow and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Maybe setup a new Austrian account with another email for a free month trial and then try to move that account to turkey?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I added my Revolut virtual card as a second payment method, the preferred payment is still my AIB card.

I cancelled my sub which expires over the weekend. Will see what happens when I try to renew via VPN to Argentina.

Netflix sub cancelled overnight, logged out of Netflix on TV.
    Opened VPN to Turkey and restarted membership with no issues, for what's its worth I didn't use incognito as when I checked the IP address it was showing up as Ireland. Opened Chrome browser, enabled Windscribe and restarted the account with no issues.

Before I cancelled my sub I added my Revolut as a second payment method, this wasn't available to me when I restarted the membership, just left it as AIB debit card and no problems. I have now changed the payment method to Revolut.

Thanks again OP!!!

Edit: just checked my AIB banking online and Euro 5.52 was just taken out and after changing the payment method Euro 1 was taken from Revolut.

Netflix sub cancelled overnight, logged out of Netflix on TV.
    Opened VPN to Turkey and restarted membership with no issues, for what's its worth I didn't use incognito as when I checked the IP address it was showing up as Ireland. Opened Chrome browser, enabled Windscribe and restarted the account with no issues.

Before I cancelled my sub I added my Revolut as a second payment method, this wasn't available to me when I restarted the membership, just left it as AIB debit card and no problems. I have now changed the payment method to Revolut.

Thanks again OP!!!

Edit: just checked my AIB banking online and Euro 5.52 was just taken out and after changing the payment method Euro 1 was taken from Revolut.

How do you add a second payment can never see the option

Hococop wrote: »
    How do you add a second payment can never see the option

Account - - > Manage Payment Info - - > Add Payment Method.

Account - - > Manage Payment Info - - > Add Payment Method.

I go to account but I can't seem to see manage payment info, my sub expired if that is why I can't see it?

I go to account but I can't seem to see manage payment info, my sub expired if that is why I can't see it?

Maybe. When I restarted the membership the only option was my preferred payment method.

What do you see when you try to restart the membership? Your preferred method should be available.

Maybe. When I restarted the membership the only option was my preferred payment method.

What do you see when you try to restart the membership? Your preferred method should be available.

When I click restart, gives some the 3 site options, then next page is to confirm payment with my card saved (revolut) can only change cards can't add a second

When I click restart, gives some the 3 site options, then next page is to confirm payment with my card saved (revolut) can only change cards can't add a second

You can add it later when you complete restarting your membership

You can add it later when you complete restarting your membership

Yeah tried to renew with vpn (surfshark) with turkey/Argentina but no luck just kept getting card issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Can I ask did you have to buy Netflix gift cards specific for Turkey, or will na do? Where did you get them from, if Turkey specific, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks a lot

Advertisement