Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling County Final Winners "Celebrate" in Style

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Berserker wrote: »
    Deflection mode alert!!!

It's hardly deflection.

Insinuating the GAA as an organisation is responsible for what a few of its members get up to, in a private establishment, at a private event, is mischief making at best.

Trolling (and true to form) at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

A few Brian Cody training matches that Jackie Tyrell describes vividly in his book would knock the stiffness out of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Oh, they won't like that! This kind of incident belongs under the GAA carpet. They'll hold some sort of "internal review" until it all blows over.

Ah yes, bad behaviour is unique to the GAA, never ever happens in Rugby, Soccer, athletics etc etc.. Cut the ould kneejerk, black and white, lazily thought out bigotry.

Thou shall not criticise the GAA!!

-V-

Surprised they know what a stripper is.

Another kneejerk contribution that contradicts itself.

I repeat, when I see an idiot obsessively looking over his fence into his neighbour's backgarden and decrying the weeds therein I shudder to ponder the state of his own backgarden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

He might be pasty but he's toned all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A few Brian Cody training matches that Jackie Tyrell describes vividly in his book would knock the stiffness out of them :)

I'd say the hooker is the preferred method of taking the stiffness out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A fairly tasteless celebration it has to be said. Manky hookers old enough to be their mothers in some sh!te country pub, and they put whole thing on snapchat? Not the brightest are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Some people really have an irrational hatred of the GAA and just love to get a dig in at the first opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Collie D wrote: »
    Wouldn't find that carry on in the local lodge...not least because a pair of Papist Italians wouldn't get through the door

Strippers were non-denominational.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

It'll be mostly forgotten in a few weeks time, but I would genuinely be concerned for the main guy in the video and the leaker. Having this limelight suddenly put upon them could be to much to handle if they realise how long it'll follow them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It's all a bit crass and indiscreet but it was a private party. As always in these situations, you just wonder about the little rat that get their kicks from putting this stuff online and trying to humiliate people although maybe this was just stupidity rather than malice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Getting a blowjob in a bar full of people that you know is strange carryon to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

turns out it was a 21st party with strippers

and the hurling team left the cup in the pub from the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Maybe the whole thing is a ploy to turn their competitors off winning it next season.
    [/https://www.google.ie quote]

I dont think the competition for the intermediate cup worries Ballyragot much not that they are senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Gotta hand it to HQ when it comes to the propaganda offensive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Youve been in their WhatsApp group :D

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Can ya imagine the sledging thats gonna go in the next match that they play. Its going to be fecking priceless.

I think the guy getting the tune played on his flute should wear a hidden cam just for the crack and post it again. biggrin.png

Collie D wrote: »
    No deflection at all. That particular poster's main contribution to this forum is to sneer at anything remotely Irish, Catholic, nationalist or basically non-Unionist.

Precisely, which is why the bould Berserker feels compelled to defend him. Berserker's posts have never exactly inspired confidence in his chosen side in Irish history. Or, to put it another way, he'd absolutely certainly be in one of the trucks in this scene (from 0:55).

The fact that they think that people who are GAA members - of which there are about 500,000 - having strippers or whatever in their private lives is a big issue of shame for the GAA organisation is mildly amusing in a 'Christ these are desperately bigoted hoors' sort of way. I can't imagine anybody even thinking about posting similarly if soccer or rugby players did something this juvenile. It's a level of small mindedness and suarachas which is thoroughly befitting, alas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Just a bit of fun.

Should not have been sent to media.

GAA headhonchos getting excited about this should instead detail what is being done to protect youngsters from sexual predators

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    What business is it of the GAA what its members do in their spare time? :rolleyes:

And how do you propose those people (even if they wanted to) teach them a lesson?

Teach them some respect and not be dragging cups that are around for years into such filt

From the pictures it looks like there's a couple of cups that have dragged around for years too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

nuac wrote: »
    Just a bit of fun.

Should not have been sent to media.

GAA headhonchos getting excited about this should instead detail what is being done to protect youngsters from sexual predators

I quite agree. All consenting adults. Much ado about nothing.

• Advertisement

jelutong wrote: »
    I quite agree. All consenting adults. Much ado about nothing.

Again, not necessarily.

Consenting adults may be a defence to assault charges, obviously, but it's no defence to public indecency. So if a fellow sits in a public place pulling the lad off himself, saying he consented to it kinda misses the issue, or even if he does it at a GAA do or a 21st. The issue for me is...just how private was it? It seems to have changed from a private GAA event (which is very rare) to a private 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

tastyt wrote: »
    Couldn't care less myself but I do know if this was a soccer team there'd be outrage and it would be called disgusting and disrespectful behaviour.

These are salt of the earth, honest GAA lads though so it'll be just a little bit of celebrating that got out of hand and is very out of character for these altar boys!!!!

It was mentioned on The Tonight Show tonight that the pics got into the Whats App group of the mothers of the U-10 players! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

It was very much a private party. Security was very tight. Bouncers on the door and also mingling with the revellers on the dance floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

jelutong wrote: »
    It was very much a private party. Security was very tight. Bouncers on the door and also mingling with the revellers on the dance floor.

Security was very tight? unlike the strippers...also, when you say mingling...??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

wmhr7njd16uz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

deco nate wrote: »
    Security was very tight? unlike the strippers...also, when you say mingling...??

Minding the strippers?

Not your ornery onager

Fair to say that Glanbia wasnt the biggest milk producer in the town this week :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Esel wrote: »
    Minding the strippers?

I was reading between the lines... minging...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Music Box

Does anyone know when the next round of the intermediate championship is on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

It's all a bit crass and indiscreet but it was a private party. As always in these situations, you just wonder about the little rat that get their kicks from putting this stuff online and trying to humiliate people although maybe this was just stupidity rather than malice.

Well I hope that fool gets the kicking that he’s been begging for for years & truly deserves.

The eejit that made that viral has an awful lot to answer for .

Advertisement