Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymaloe Relish?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and yet those same people are the very ones who would criticise others for buying ballymaloe
    products

(including those posting on this thread i bet you )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and yet i bet you those same people are the very ones who would criticise others for buying ballymaloe products

I see what you mean, but your comparison is a bit iffy.

If you're a Catholic your choice is Catholic church, there's no option other mobs of Christianity as they don't do exactly the same (as I understand it). If you're a relish fan, you can get a different relish, lots of choice in fact, and people aren't quite as fervent about relish. Unless you're in the church of Ballymaloe.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Did it well into my 30s. No regrets.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and yet those same people are the very ones who would criticise others for buying ballymaloe
    products

(including those posting on this thread i bet you )

You could be on to a wider conspiracy here. You should start a poll to see how many people give money to the church and eat Ballymaloe relish.

I’m actually amazed that 68% of people eat it in the first place. I thought we’d all moved on to Sriracha smothered avocados with rice noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

OnDraught wrote: »
    You could be on to a wider conspiracy here. You should start a poll to see how many people give money to the church and eat Ballymaloe relish.

I’m actually amazed that 68% of people eat it in the first place. I thought we’d all moved on to Sriracha smothered avocados with rice noodles.

People voting yes are not saying they eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I see what you mean, but your comparison is a bit iffy.

If you're a Catholic your choice is Catholic church,

you can always choose not to go, not to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

whats all this cr"p about .."if you buy Ballymaloe Relish you're supporting a paedophile"

....utter nonsense

would you say the same about the thousands of people who go to mass every sunday seeing that the catholic church is up to its neck in child abuse scandals????

If you collude with an organisation that has never fully accepted responsibility for its actions and continues to put its own interests first then you might not support child abuse in the way you describe but you certainly need to look at how your support of such an organisation allows it to continue and allows perpetrators to evade justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't particularly like Ballymaloe anything myself, but I do wonder how many people on this thread have something made by Nestle in their kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

gozunda wrote: »
    What's Nestle got to do with it?

Not sure if it's the same issue that poster is referring to but there was widespread boycott of Nestle because of their aggressive marketing campaigns for baby formula in developing countries where safe water was not available for use with said formula, thus contributing to increased infant mortality rates. I know it was a big deal when I was in college and I still know several people who avoid Nestle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Not sure if it's the same issue that poster is referring to but there was widespread boycott of Nestle because of their aggressive marketing campaigns for baby formula in developing countries where safe water was not available for use with said formula, thus contributing to increased infant mortality rates. I know it was a big deal when I was in college and I still know several people who avoid Nestle.

All these big massive international food industry megacorps have a few skulls in their closet. Yer man Allen has nothing on them anyway with his pictures. The likes of Mondelez, coca cola, unilever and indeed Nestle cause misery on a much larger scale

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

All these big massive international food industry megacorps have a few skulls in their closet. Yer man Allen has nothing on them anyway with his pictures. The likes of Mondelez, coca cola, unilever and indeed Nestle cause misery on a much larger scale

It can never be simplified as just 'pictures'...

I do not believe that the effects of sexual exploitation on any child (in this instance child ponorgrahy) whereby that child is exploited again and again and whose life is destroyed and ultimately who will live a life sentence as a result of their abusers perverse behaviour. That an adult who in this instance (who had children themselves) would perpurate such a vile and sick torture on other children is unimaginable imo.

Even a single instance of this cannot be compared to other social issues perputated by multinationals no matter what the scale of such issues - as the effects on any one individual can never be held up for comparison to the suffering of others. It is not a contest.

All such concerns rightly should start at our doorstep and then we can be ready to take on other issues without having to answer why we ignored that which was going on figuratively under our own noses

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This is the second time now you've trivialised his crime with your phrasing- "a few pictures". Child sex abuse images you mean. This isn't a victimless crime. At the other end of it there is a child/children who are being exploited and abused in the worst imaginable way possible so some disgusting pervert can get his jollies from looking at them. It's wrong on every level. Please stop with the flippancy in which you talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

anna080 wrote: »
    This is the second time now you've trivialised his crime with your phrasing- "a few pictures". Child sex abuse images you mean. This isn't a victimless crime. At the other end of it there is a child/children who are being exploited and used in the worst imaginable way possible so some disgusting pervert can get his jollies from looking at them. It's wrong on every level. Please stop with the flippancy in which you talk about it.

The difference is in all likelyhood those kids would have suffered the same amount if yer man Tim never existed at all. Unless I'm missing some details here I don't think they were custom made just for him. The food industry mega conglomorates on the other hand have actual blood on their hands. People who died purely because of them. I'm not saying yer man Tim is a great lad or that there's nothing wrong with what he did but after this length of time it's surely time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The difference is in all likelyhood those kids would have suffered the same amount if yer man Tim never existed at all. Unless I'm missing some details here I don't think they were custom made just for him. The food industry mega conglomorates on the other hand have actual blood on their hands. People who died purely because of them. I'm not saying yer man Tim is a great lad or that there's nothing wrong with what he did but after this length of time it's surely time to move on.

Oh that's grand so sure let him off. :rolleyes:
    He is part of the problem. Your attitude towards this is really wrong. Child sex abuse is unforgivable. Nobody should have any tolerance for it at all on any level ever. It's beyond depraved. I don't care if he only had "a few images". He participated in the culture of abuse that enables the production and perpetuates the probability of further images. His actions are unforgivable, and they should never be excused or forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Sure the kids are being abused anyway is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Seems the narrative is that viewing pictures of children being sexually abused is okay, because, you know, Nestle are evil. The whataboutery is strong in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,912 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jesus if I thought for a second this would happen I wouldn't have bothered

Who added the tags?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I wouldn't relish working in the marketing department of that company tbh.

I'll get my coat ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

So now this thread is at the point where people are asked if they think watching children being abused is worse than causing the deaths of children.

And, this being AH, opinions seem divided.

Shenshen wrote: »
    So now this thread is at the point where people are asked if they think watching children being abused is worse than causing the deaths of children.

And, this being AH, opinions seem divided.

I don't believe they can't be equated tbh

However what both have in common is that the the effects of both are indirect - the paedophile buys photos of serially abused children - leaving those children with health problems and destroyed lives. Multnationals policies may cause the ill health / death of children through the purchase and marketing of their good and services ...

Neither are performing these actions directly - though that doesn't mean they can't be be held responsible in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Un-f*****g-believable she's (Darina) on Rté One +1 right now baking a Christmas cake.

I'd feel sorry and respected the woman if she kicked him out and divorced him but she stood by him and supported him. Another reason not to renew my TV license this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The bitch. No getting away from her. Sure only an hour ago she was on RTE 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I see their brand is back on rte again this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I worked in Tesco before Christmas a few years ago and the amount of it was sold was scary! I never knew it was so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nope, I'm too old for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm not sure what the paedo jokes in the first page are about I got the jalapeno flavour one before and it was gorgeous. Too expensive though.

Advertisement