Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymaloe Relish?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I doubt Tim himself is stirring a cast iron big pot of relish with a ladle. Though even if he was it still wouldn't put me off. So what he had some pictures stored on a PC back 15 years ago he really doesn't deserve to keep getting vilified for that forever more

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I doubt Tim himself is stirring a cast iron big pot of relish with a ladle. Though even if he was it still wouldn't put me off. So what he had some pictures stored on a PC back 15 years ago he really doesn't deserve to keep getting vilified for that forever more

Yes he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,564 ✭✭✭✭elperello

judeboy101 wrote: »
    I know ppl living and working in that area and well put it this way, sometimes a parent will do anything for their child, if u catch my meaning.

This thread is really getting out of hand.
    Whatever about tasteless remarks being made about someone who was convicted of a crime, the above is baseless innuendo.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

'Some pictures'

Children getting their little lives destroyed, ending up as damaged adults due to the abuse and rapes inflicted on them. All so some pervert can tug the lad off himself while looking at them. I don't care if it's 15 or 50 years ago, people don't grow out of sexual appetite like that. The only peado I'd trust around my kid is a dead one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:eek:
    Tell that to the children that were abused or killed for those perverts to get their kicks. Vile bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I watched the Myrtle Allen docu and it seems to me that Ballymaloe deserves to be thought of indepentent of Tim Allen.

They have a rich history which a lot of people, past and present, have played their parts in and I feel it would a shame if that was all tarnished because of the actions of one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What a thread, classic AH. I love this on a cheese sandwich though it is a bit sweet. No idea about the past convictions learn something new every day

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Never seen so many yellow and red cards in a single thread.

Red means death, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eviltwin wrote: »
    Nope, wouldn't knowingly give money to someone who has been convicted of possession of child abuse images or those who support them.

Likewise, have been boycotting it for years, in fact it is the only product I boycott.
    Yes. But I don't buy it due to reasons alluded to previously in the thread. Surprised at the ban on references to a publicly named convicted person.

Was thinking the same. He has been convicted and as the truth is an accepted defence to defamation then anyone is allowed to call him for what he got convicted for, i.e paedophilia. He never abused kids but had pictures of them being abused which shows he has a sexual attraction to children. That is the definition of a paedophile so I am not sure why mods are trying to ban us talking about his public conviction before the Irish courts. It is a vital part of justice and a functioning democracy that these things are allowed to be discussed. So long as no-one is making further unproven allegations against the man then the mods have nothing to fear here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    So why move him out of the house, to try and distance him from the company?

That was to distance him from the cookery school, where the Allens live, not the relish company, which is made off near Cork city somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

:eek:
    Tell that to the children that were abused or killed for those perverts to get their kicks. Vile bastard.

They are probably only turning 18 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

elperello wrote: »
    This thread is really getting out of hand.
    Whatever about tasteless remarks being made about someone who was convicted of a crime, the above is baseless innuendo.

Common knowledge all the same. Tim took the rap for someone else. Either way he is guilty for the crime.

I love the jalapeño relish. Go through a jar a week. Love it with cheese.
    Will admit to feeling regret over buying it at the start. Funding such a sick individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Likewise, have been boycotting it for years, in fact it is the only product I boycott.

Was thinking the same. He has been convicted and as the truth is an accepted defence to defamation then anyone is allowed to call him for what he got convicted for, i.e paedophilia. He never abused kids but had pictures of them being abused which shows he has a sexual attraction to children. That is the definition of a paedophile so I am not sure why mods are trying to ban us talking about his public conviction before the Irish courts. It is a vital part of justice and a functioning democracy that these things are allowed to be discussed. So long as no-one is making further unproven allegations against the man then the mods have nothing to fear here.

I was one of the ones got a red card for a admittedly bad taste (pun intended) joke about paedo sauce which it had been called many times since. I pm'd the mod five days ago and still no answer.
    Seems like it's ok to cover up for convicted sex offenders and card people for mentioning it.
    All the cards on the first page are a joke as a member of the Allen family has been convicted of possession of sexually explicit pictures of children.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I watched the Myrtle Allen docu and it seems to me that Ballymaloe deserves to be thought of indepentent of Tim Allen.

They have a rich history which a lot of people, past and present, have played their parts in and I feel it would a shame if that was all tarnished because of the actions of one man.

It would deserve to be considered independent of him, and I do feel sorry for the founders of a business that he tarnished - but unfortunately when they closed ranks and minimised his actions (Darina saying it was a lot of fuss over very little) it, and supported him they made it clear that he was part of Ballymaloe and they were not going to exile him.

And the result is that lots of folk judge them for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I doubt Tim himself is stirring a cast iron big pot of relish with a ladle. Though even if he was it still wouldn't put me off.

What if was only stirring with one hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Neyite wrote: »
    It would deserve to be considered independent of him, and I do feel sorry for the founders of a business that he tarnished - but unfortunately when they closed ranks and minimised his actions (Darina saying it was a lot of fuss over very little) it, and supported him they made it clear that he was part of Ballymaloe and they were not going to exile him.

And the result is that lots of folk judge them for that.

As I remember she was brought onto The Late Late Show for that interview, and dismissed the conviction as "a bit of a hoo-haa over very little"

Not too many other business interests would be afforded such a platform for damage limitation.

Another poster asked if Tom Humpries relatives should be branded because of his actions, the obvious answer is No, becauseTom Humpries family were the ones who reported his crimes.

That was to distance him from the cookery school, where the Allens live, not the relish company, which is made off near Cork city somewhere.

It wouldn't matter if it was made on the moon. It's part of the company, part of the brand, and so is Tim Allen.

It's as bonkers as saying that because I-phones are made in China they don't belong to the Apple company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I voted yes as I'm not a sauce person but if e.g. a burger, or sandwich comes with the relish, it won't have some of the other nasties such as ketchup or mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Jesus if I thought for a second this would happen I wouldn't have bothered

I think this thread is a very good example of how polls just by themselves often fail to capture the subtle nuances of opinion :D

I'm intrigued as to what the reason for the poll in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I'd buy it away, but suspect sales crashed in the mid 00s alright.

Anyway, must say the above line is dark but neat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Whenever Rachael Allen appears on a TV channel it is turned over immediately, failing that brick is put through the screen.

If you can't find the remote...do you bring in a brick just incase she might appear on the tv??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

If you can't find the remote...do you bring in a brick just incase she might appear on the tv??

He loves his brick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are you serious? Did you read the details of the case? Did you consider those children in the images?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭jackboy

I refuse to buy anything Ballymaloe due to it's links to unsavoury activities. I actually left a restaurant because they served Ballymaloe relish.

Do you know how many companies have dodgy pasts or links to such. You need to grow your own food and live under a bush to avoid supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jackboy wrote: »
    Do you know how many companies have dodgy pasts or links to such. You need to grow your own food and live under a bush to avoid supporting them.

Name them (with proof)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭jackboy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Name them (with proof)

Many highly successful German corporations had strong links to the Nazis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I don't give a fupp about their chutney..... But this is one of the funniest threads on boards... Bravo AH...

• Advertisement

Advertisement