Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymaloe Relish?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭jackboy

But their owners/directors didn't personally kill anyone.

Neither did Hitler.

Anyway ballymaloe relish. I like it. One of the better mass produced relishes than can be easily got.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,554 ✭✭✭✭elperello

jackboy wrote: »
    Neither did Hitler.

Anyway ballymaloe relish. I like it. One of the better mass produced relishes than can be easily got.

A nice dollop of Godwin's relish is very.good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

MagicIRL wrote: »
    From page 1 to 5, what a wild ride :pac:

Why can't you make comment about convicted pedophiles now? Genuinely curious about all the cards and bans on the first page. Martyrs for the relish cause.

Seems boards.ie have a policy of supporting pedophilia. I can't think of any other explanation for the infractions and bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I suppose it will happen in every thread eventually,

(law of large numbers, gambler's fallacy, law of averages, etc....)

Leave any thread open long enough, even one about relish, and Nazi's get a mention.... :D

Just waiting for the obligatory "triggered" "privileged" and "fascist"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭jackboy

....... wrote: »
    But after it was discovered what Hitler was responsible for they disassociated themselves.

I think you are being a bit generous there.Other examples are all the products on sale which were produced through slave labour and child labour. We all buy them. Even the Qatar world cup. No country has boycotted this yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

doylefe wrote: »
    Seems boards.ie have a policy of supporting pedophilia. I can't think of any other explanation for the infractions and bans.
    Admin Note: boards does not have such a policy. Stop being a dick.

And don't comment on mod actions on thread.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Admin Note: boards does not have such a policy. Stop being a dick.

Reported for personal abuse :pac:

Mod-Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Admin Note: boards does not have such a policy.

tHB

*Checks policy book*

Nope

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Maybe Ballymaloe could make ketchup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Jesus I love this thread! But no, I buy feck all to do with that family and refuse to watch anything with them in it. As a side note, even if they didn't have such a vile history that Rachel Allan is a pain in the hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He was ordred to give 40,000 to a charity in India or somewhere. Since then I will not contribute 1 cent to that fine.

By the same token, on the very odd occasion I'm at a mass Iwill not put one penny into the plate and make sure none of my children do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Chorcai wrote: »

Excellent :pac: Could gave been made for this thread.

Here is another piece from the MSM extolling the virtues of Ballymaloe. What seriously annoys me is the number of individuals I have met who claim to be 'chefs' after paying large amounts of money' for a three month or less Ballymaloe cookery course

https://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/why-the-food-world-relishes-ballymaloe-34684709.html

Last time I checked to become a chef involved a rigourous training regime which took years of hardwork and dedication. But then what do I know ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Are they bringing out a Gary Glitter sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

;-) I've been cooking 3 meals a day, everyday for nearly 40 years and I'm still not a Chef.

As a sidenote to the article linked above I'd highly recommend the Green Saffron mango chutney, it's simply superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It took me nearly ten years of working as chef to even think I was one so I doubt a three month course which costs about 10 grand is going to make you one. The course in the CIT is three years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

It took me nearly ten years of working as chef to even think I was one so I doubt a three month course which costs about 10 grand is going to make you one. The course in the CIT is three years anyway.

I think it's just a toff thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I agree though that hasn't prevented some three monther's refering to themselves as 'chef's. I reckon they should be done under the trade description acts ...
    I think it's just a toff thing!

Any of the 'toffs' I ever came across are penniless. Notions yes - money no. I think the whole idea of paying large amounts of cash for a 'qualification' is a Celtic tiger thing tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

It's a tough gig working as a chef so I hear, u want be in yer 20s doing that, having the energy to do it and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's a tough gig working as a chef so I hear, u want be in yer 20s doing that, having the energy to do it and all.

Did it well into my 30s. No regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

Cannot believe 91 people do not 'like' BR - how many of them have tasted it? Recently? With an open mind?

It is clearly amazeballs. Here:
    Toasted Bagel, buttered
    One great sausage, split down side,
    Thick-cut rasher
    Fried egg
    with plenty of Ballymaloe Relish

One mouthfull with it all - is memorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Its got Sultanas in it. Im not a fan of Sultanas.

Or companies linked to Paedophilia.

Or the family members who publicly dismissed the situation as if Paedophilia was akin to name calling.

I dont care how "good" it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Rezident wrote: »
    Cannot believe 91 people do not 'like' BR - how many of them have tasted it? Recently? With an open mind?

It is clearly amazeballs. Here:
    Toasted Bagel, buttered
    One great sausage, split down side,
    Thick-cut rasher
    Fried egg
    with plenty of Ballymaloe Relish

One mouthfull with it all - is memorable.

Is that you Raychel Ollen?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats all this cr"p about .."if you buy Ballymaloe Relish you're supporting a paedophile"

....utter nonsense

would you say the same about the thousands of people who go to mass every sunday seeing that the catholic church is up to its neck in child abuse scandals????

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not sure why people are angry with Tim Allen anyhow.
    His movies aren't that bad!

• Advertisement

Advertisement