Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating in 2017

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

eeguy wrote: »
    Im a happy 29 year old :)

Wanna hang out? lol

Tell your girlfriend to bring a friend ha

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing hate all this tinder **** but it's the only way really I can find someone. Too shy to chat up women on nights out (do lads still do that ??).

I don't take a great picture so it's a disadvantage for this type of sites

I work in retail and have a lost a bit of self confidence through that cause I talk so quite and some people don't get that and react badly

I'm reasonably happy like (roughly that age group)....still get pissed off an odd time etc

But life Is good by and large...healthwise there's so many worse off than me

Obv il never own a house,or be rich....but I recently spent time with 2 people who are dying and reallly don't want to/unable to accept it

And personally at least all my struggles/issues are nothing...even if I was to die in morning....I'd be happy with what I've done with mine

...not to dismiss what's making you unhappy...but would you want to date a unhappy 29YO girl

I admire the optimism, sorry about the unwell people in your life, I've a fairly young aunt that's very ill with MS and I was out with her recently to visit and she's in the final stages of it, tough seeing someone basically a prisoner in her own body. Terrible disease, wish I could take her pain away. And there is no cure for it. It's very unfair.

As for me, like I'm 29, I'd like to see some progression in my life, like when I was 21, I expected to be a lot further along by this time, like in a steady job/steady relationship, worked hard on both things, lost the relationship after I made so many compromises for it, some of my employment prospects got f**ked up because of it and I basically had to start all over again, it's a long story. And I'm working on upskilling right now but like I want what any typical 29 year old wants. Kind of feel like, whats left of my youth is going out the window. I'm in my prime here like, and wasting it on these f**king dating apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    I admire the optimism, sorry about the unwell people in your life, I've a fairly young aunt that's very ill with MS and I was out with her recently to visit and she's in the final stages of it, tough seeing someone basically a prisoner in her own body. Terrible disease, wish I could take her pain away. And there is no cure for it. It's very unfair.

As for me, like I'm 29, I'd like to see some progression in my life, like when I was 21, I expected to be a lot further along by this time, like in a steady job/steady relationship, worked hard on both things, lost the relationship after I made so many compromises for it, some of my employment prospects got f**ked up because of it and I basically had to start all over again, it's a long story. And I'm working on upskilling right now but like I want what any typical 29 year old wants. Kind of feel like, whats left of my youth is going out the window. I'm in my prime here like, and wasting it on these f**king dating apps.

If that's how you feel about it then you should probably try something different. OD is not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

:(

38549502401_4001a72d7e_t.jpg

38493420996_b24c9ea402_t.jpg

38493421126_6c549c37b1_t.jpg

38493506796_9a8376a387_t.jpg

24677556918_f398914f9b_t.jpg

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing hate all this tinder **** but it's the only way really I can find someone. Too shy to chat up women on nights out (do lads still do that ??).

I don't take a great picture so it's a disadvantage for this type of sites

I work in retail and have a lost a bit of self confidence through that cause I talk so quite and some people don't get that and react badly

Join the club, I've asked out the odd person on nights out and even sober but it's rare I would find someone I liked enough or got that spark where I felt I should ask. I say if someone catches your eye, and you get a thing going with someone you're acquainted with, sure ask her out, you've nothing to lose.

I don't take a fantastic picture either, I don't like to smile in photos that much, I'm more of a smirker so I'll do that, just take a few selfies, not too close up, angle the phone, and throw up one or two full body shots, with friends is optional. If you're quiet in speech, I would say just work on it, as long as you're chatty and can listen well you're golden I think. But I've been complaining on here all day too, dating apps are for the thick skinned, I don't know if I am anymore, but good luck finding someone dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

zcorpian88 wrote: »

Sorry to hear on your aunt

Your ambition and drive to up skill is to admired and will stand in the long term

Noone has it figured as much as there social media let's on....those lads with the new cars etc....mostly PCP and don't own em

Mostly Anyone you see posting about a perfect life on facebook etc are mostly using likes to boost enselves and cover over huge cracks in their personal lives....

Why not just not bother with the apps and if yous never meet anyone...what harm like??

Nothing is worse than feeling your wasting your life and frustrated??
    (Be that on apps,crappy friends,dole/jobs ya hate etc)....yous get only 1 crack at life...

It's not worth wasting it doing same thing over and over getting frustrated and expecting differevt results

>>sorry for rambling

Advertisement